AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-10, 06:39   Link #241
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The hassuku is probably just related to keeping them in the town (nothing else was suggested at this point).
Of course I'd say 50/50 chance there's nothing special about it; nothing like a too easy clue to mess with us.
Old 2010-01-10, 07:09   Link #242
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
The hassuku is probably just related to keeping them in the town (nothing else was suggested at this point).
Of course I'd say 50/50 chance there's nothing special about it; nothing like a too easy clue to mess with us.
Probably. I still think Izumi's trying to protect Hiro-kun from something, and I admit that if it has something to do with the Hassaku, it'll turn out to be too much like Higurashi. One other theory I could come up with is that the people on the old side of town are all part of a strange cult who worship the wolf deity in a much more extremist fashion by offering human sacrifices to him. Again, that theory is too simple. I'll wait for the next few eps.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 07:38   Link #243
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post
Same here. She doesn't annoy me particularly.
I think one shouldn't judge her from the very first episode.

You're welcome. Was that a request?
yes! any cute mana sig for me will do
Old 2010-01-10, 07:41   Link #244
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Probably. I still think Izumi's trying to protect Hiro-kun from something, and I admit that if it has something to do with the Hassaku, it'll turn out to be too much like Higurashi. One other theory I could come up with is that the people on the old side of town are all part of a strange cult who worship the wolf deity in a much more extremist fashion by offering human sacrifices to him. Again, that theory is too simple. I'll wait for the next few eps.
considering what happened to sawagesa, I assume at some point in relation to the moon, he "transforms" and it is at this time the "others" come and do their thing. And I actually believe reaper girl in the fact that he "moved" might imply that he moved to the other side of town. then again this is all speculation.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 08:12   Link #245
SMT
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
yes! any cute mana sig for me will do
Spoiler for signature:

Last edited by SMT; 2010-01-10 at 08:27.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 08:21   Link #246
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOapps View Post
Spoiler for signature:
woot grabs both <3 please tell me if you have future Mana ava/sigs (static & gifs)

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2010-01-10 at 08:27. Reason: avatar <3
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 08:25   Link #247
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
considering what happened to sawagesa, I assume at some point in relation to the moon, he "transforms" and it is at this time the "others" come and do their thing. And I actually believe reaper girl in the fact that he "moved" might imply that he moved to the other side of town. then again this is all speculation.
Well, he was bloody when he was "moved". I suppose he could still be alive. They would still have to silence the family somehow.
Old 2010-01-10, 09:38   Link #248
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, he was bloody when he was "moved". I suppose he could still be alive. They would still have to silence the family somehow.
i'm thinking it's some sort of werewolf spiell, and with the op possibly there to distract us with the dissappearance sequence it's highly probably it's just some slate of hand by the producers.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 23:00   Link #249
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pretty enjoyable first episode. The Higurashi vibe could hardly have been more prevelant - they made no effort to shade this differently, even down to the ED. But then those creepy events happening to the characters with hyper-kawaii Rozen Maiden faces - odd...

Kobayashi Yu is reliably good, whichever gender she's playing, and this was no exception. But chalk me up as one who finds Katou Emiri's Isuzu incredibly annoying - whether the fault of the actor or the character herself. She is creepy, no doubt, clingy in an obsessive way that's reminiscent of a certain stalker from "Future Diary". But the moe behavior is way too over the top to really work dramatically, at least for me. I get it - the contrast between reality and appearance and all that - but one way or another I really hope they tone her down as the series progresses.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 00:44   Link #250
OkamiNoKaze

This show is pretty cool. I also just started watching Higurashi as well, so the two should compliment each other rather well. And yes the set up is just a bit similar, but I think I can already see some differences. I found it funny, not knowing this story at all, I was thinking "Boy Hiroshi's dad, resembles Stephen King", and later we find out he's a writer/author. Thats awesome. I like the character designs alright, the scythe girl is especially cool. I think they relied to much on cgi for their mechanical designs, even Mana's wheel chair. Speaking of which, why do I get an image of her speeding around in that chair clubbing/hacking up people.
Old 2010-01-11, 01:39   Link #251
Ushiromiya Jessica
Golden Witch of Hearts

Send a message via MSN to Ushiromiya Jessica
Hum I like it as well<3
Though my fav is Kushinada Nemuru*~*

Btw my theory:

The scythe girl isan't really "bad"
Maybe the "eolfgood"/scythe girl) is the protector of the town...
Cause a we could see, the boys eyes blinked red before he was kinda...maybe..killed
So what if she just eliminates the people who could do like..bad things to the town/people?
Tehn i think, he was kinda forced to move to the old town...
As isuzu said "The old town is no gfun at all!" and we saw her eyes blinking red as well..i think you turn into something when you enter there..
but her love to hiroshi keeps her safe from "transforming" and hence she wants to protect him--->do things with him all day and be near him so he won't go there...

just my theory..

but i agree with the identity of the scythe girl...
the similarities are quite...very very close but that would be way to easy for ryukishi...
except maybe she doesn't remember turning into her?!

btw i'm thanfull for every pic of the series<3
not rlly something up on danbooru or such._.'''
Ushiromiya Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 06:19   Link #252
fedor mma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Just finished the first episode and I have to say, this is promising. Very promising. I can't wait to see the next episode, and I'm more exicted than ever to actually get the VN for the PSP. I really liked what I saw Hiroshi seems like a really cool character and the main reason for this, imo, is that he strikes me as a very normal person in a place full of people living in a world set apart from the one he left behind. He's very, very similar to K1 in that respect, which makes me happy because it looks like Ryukishi07's decided to go back to the Higurashi theme. And while I normally detest characters who get attached to the hero in a flash and become all clingy, Izumi didn't really hit me as someone to detest, and when considering the beginning of the ep, I think she's doing it to protect him from something. I can't wait what kind of murders Ryukishi has in store for us.
Really?The main character seems real lame, spineless, faggoty in Ookami and besides circumstances his character is nothing like K1 at all.K1 was an epic badass and pervert who dares to challenge fate itself,smash guys wit a baseball bat,etc.I cant believe after Ryukishi gave us GAR Battler and Keiichi as main characters we have to contend with this guy.Hopefully he gets better.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 09:29   Link #253
June 1983

For God's sake, this isn't 4ch. "Faggoty" my ass. You're disgusting.

I'm not super impressed by Hiroshi yet personally ... one of the things that are promising about him is that he seems to be very mature. He seems like the kind of kid who has been given more responsibility than he probably should have had to deal with. I'm guessing his mother is dead, though they haven't mentioned it yet in the story. He kind of reminds me more of Satoshi.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 10:22   Link #254
fedor mma

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
For God's sake, this isn't 4ch. "Faggoty" my ass. You're disgusting.

I'm not super impressed by Hiroshi yet personally ... one of the things that are promising about him is that he seems to be very mature. He seems like the kind of kid who has been given more responsibility than he probably should have had to deal with. I'm guessing his mother is dead, though they haven't mentioned it yet in the story. He kind of reminds me more of Satoshi.
Dude,relax. Its just a show and I was giving my opinion on a character.Dont hav to get all insult on me.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 10:41   Link #255
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
- the town has grown a lot -> not enough hassuku for minna ;_;
Nah. It's not because of town size, it's because of famine. It was noted that this year harvest is bad and late. Town size is bad most likely because of all that outsiders that considered prey in "changed" mind.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 12:25   Link #256
hodil
Solve me...

Im confused. Am i allowed to invite "magic" into this story of ryukishi yet? If so .. then such things of werewolves could possibly exist.

If not... im guessing its a major plot by one of the townsfolk to drive people out of the urban area.
Old 2010-01-11, 12:34   Link #257
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

How about something in the genetics of the townsfolk requires them to eat hassaku? If they don't then they get out of control and have to "leave" New Town. Latching onto new arrivals in town being and other aggressive behaviours being some of the symptoms of those about to loose it.
Old 2010-01-11, 13:50   Link #258
sintaki

interesting anime hiro is so cute lulz
sintaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:47   Link #259
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedor mma View Post
Dude,relax. Its just a show and I was giving my opinion on a character.Dont hav to get all insult on me.
Not to prolong this anymore than I need to, but it ought to be pretty obvious to you that my problem with your post had nothing to do with your opinion, just your behavior. Try to act a bit less like a rude little child and maybe you'll get some respect.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 19:00   Link #260
dreamingxashley
K-ON Fangirl

hah! I was right... has something to do with wolves. I was guessing at the name of the title, since my Japanese is nearly non-existent. xD But does/did Japan even have have wolves?

I watched the first ep, and I dont really like how they did the character designs... theres a mix of disturbingly cutesy and just plain non-descripts. I would rather them be either or.

The storyline itself is interesting. When the mullet-girl with the purple hair freaked out that guy I thought of Higurashi, and then I thought that the show reminded me of the Stepford Wives in Japan. lol Everyone was acting too nice... kinda like that family in the old twilight zone ep where the kid could kill with his imagination.

Tags
horror