AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-01, 21:15   Link #2801
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
Actually, that's partially the case. But that's irrelevant.
Characters aren't the only element that makes the story.
It's perfectly possible to like the series for its plot, setting or premise and not care much for the characters.
And on the other hand, having only one or two characters you really like is more than enough to make you care for the title a lot.
Interesting. Care to share your general opinion on Umineko and its characters? I'd like to hear it.
Old 2012-02-01, 21:36   Link #2802
~Ayane~

But that's not exactly the right thread and i would rather not disrupt it with that kind of offtopic talks.
Old 2012-02-01, 21:42   Link #2803
Luxuria

Hi guys! Just a little question.
After patching my OMK Cross, I no longer hear any BGM being played from the character selection screen and even in battles. I would like to get some help from you guys Thanks in advance!
Old 2012-02-01, 21:47   Link #2804
Toku

Quote:
But that's not exactly the right thread and i would rather not disrupt it with that kind of offtopic talks.
Well, I'm sure there is a thread where it wouldn't be off-topic, somewhere on this forum... But alright.
Old 2012-02-02, 06:54   Link #2805
Walterion

Fighting inside a fighting game thread, now it feels like an actual fighting game!

In anycase, I'm glad you all are disagreeing with each other about characters and all that, it just shows that you all care about the game and want it to work out for the best.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:09   Link #2806
Nanashi_1337

As long as the discussion doesn't derail to stupid nonsense unrelated to what the thread is about, nobody will probably mind to see two different points of view discussing about a topic related to the thread.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:47   Link #2807
GospelDS

Quote:
Actually, that's partially the case. But that's irrelevant.
Characters aren't the only element that makes the story.
It's perfectly possible to like the series for its plot, setting or premise and not care much for the characters.
And on the other hand, having only one or two characters you really like is more than enough to make you care for the title a lot.
Obviously, this is a matter of individual opinions, but now I'd really like to hear yours about this in more detail as well. For me, characters are the most important factor apart from the story itself. But no matter how good the story is, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it, if I only like the protagonist and all the other characters annoy me or I don't care about them at all. Especially with such a huge cast of characters like in Umineko. If an anime, a game, a novel or whatever manages to make me dislike the majority of the cast... there's something seriously wrong with it.

Quote:
I'm not "whining", I was expressing my displeasure. That's what forums are made for, exchanging your views with other people :S
Well, and there's no problem with that. It's okay, if you're mad, but I got the impression you're trying to pick a fight with everyone around here with the goal of making your opinion the only acceptable one.
At least it seemed like you were not even trying to understand what the others were saying or simply ignoring it.
Old 2012-02-02, 16:24   Link #2808
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is a OMK thread discussion, by no means it is a character thread one.
If you really wish to discuss that to great lengths, episode 8 thread would be much more appropriate right now.
Old 2012-02-02, 22:56   Link #2809
Walterion

Okay, now that we have all aside.

How many of you are still trying to defeat or already defeated, without cheating of course, Duo Culprit Battler?

I think I'm almost on day 34 of attempts and it's now all about how the AI wants to behave.
Old 2012-02-02, 23:44   Link #2810
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
Okay, now that we have all aside.

How many of you are still trying to defeat or already defeated, without cheating of course, Duo Culprit Battler?

I think I'm almost on day 34 of attempts and it's now all about how the AI wants to behave.
Heheh...34...

Anyway, I don't know if you know, but evidently someone managed to beat the boss and uploaded a video of it.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-02-03, 05:11   Link #2811
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Heheh...34...

Anyway, I don't know if you know, but evidently someone managed to beat the boss and uploaded a video of it.
I'm aware of it, there's 2 videos up in youtube with proof of victory. But after that, no more of them.
Old 2012-02-03, 07:23   Link #2812
GospelDS

I just noticed that strange "Monochrome Clock" Boss BGM... is that actually music from Higanbana no saku yoru ni?
Or was it used somewhere in Umineko before, and they put it into Higanbana as well...?
Old 2012-02-03, 08:23   Link #2813
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GospelDS View Post
I just noticed that strange "Monochrome Clock" Boss BGM... is that actually music from Higanbana no saku yoru ni?
Or was it used somewhere in Umineko before, and they put it into Higanbana as well...?
I think it would be more like it was First in Seacat and then introduced in Higanbana.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:43   Link #2814
maximilianjenus
[E]

I play exclusively against humans, I only did one arcade run to unlock kuro and that was it.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:54   Link #2815
DoktorFunk
Warned for a moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GospelDS View Post
I remember Amakusa listening to it in the car in... ep7 I think? It's also on the RedSoul album.
Old 2012-02-03, 10:45   Link #2816
reiimuuchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorFunk View Post
I remember Amakusa listening to it in the car in... ep7 I think? It's also on the RedSoul album.
It was like a running joke kinda sorta, cause Amakusa listened to it in the car in ep4 and then again in... ep7, I think. And Ange's response both times was approximately 'turn that awful music off' XD
Old 2012-02-03, 12:22   Link #2817
GospelDS

Oh, okay... thanks, guys!
I heard that music in the Higanbana soundtrack yesterday, and immediately recognized it from OMK.
I couldn't remember hearing it in Umineko before, though.
Kinda interesting they decided to put that one into the OMK soundtrack...
Old 2012-02-03, 12:56   Link #2818
Solkiskey

Anyone feels like playing right about now?
Old 2012-02-03, 16:42   Link #2819
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
I'm aware of it, there's 2 videos up in youtube with proof of victory. But after that, no more of them.
TWO VIDEOS!? Where is the second one!? The only one I saw was the one that CrimisonMoon uploaded.

EDIT: Forget it. I already found it.

Last edited by Eriko 556; 2012-02-03 at 17:00.
Old 2012-02-03, 19:16   Link #2820
reiimuuchan

I'm just wondering... does anybody think, when Bern and Will and Lambda have been realeased, that maybe there will be some new arcade story modes for the existing characters? like maybe more b. battler storylines- and the reason they weren't released before was what bern/lambda/will would act as important characters at points in those storylines or the like?

oh, and those videos of people defeating b. battler... they're really impressive o:
Closed Thread