AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-04, 06:36   Link #341
Little Machi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
sorry if this has been answered before. something just popped in my head.
in the scene where light's dad dies and everyone was around him, light didnt have ownership of any death note at the time but he had one hidden in the back of his trousers (i.e. still in physical contact with it), so his dad was able to see his life span and confirm he didnt own a death note (and so died believing his son isn't kira).
question: even if you dont understand how the numbers translate, how come he didnt wonder why light's remaining life was significantly smaller then everyone else's in the room. well, it SHOULD be smaller right? since he dies at the end of the series, which isnt that far ahead in terms of timeline.

EDIT: the only explanation i can think of, is that light did have 'proper' life span to start with. but since he died by ryuuk's death note, he died earlier than his original date
That is indeed the case. Everyone has a normal life span, but the Death Note is kind of beyond anything normal. It's used to end a life before it's time is up. Not that it would have mattered much in Light's case anyway.>_> Besides, anyone can die at anytime, sadly, so if he saw a shorter life span, he might have assumed his son becomes one of Kira's victims and couldn't bare to tell him. Also, keep in mind that he was dying. And since it was his son, he may not have focused on the numbers themselves, but just the fact that there was a life span there, meaning his son wasn't Kira.
Old 2008-07-04, 20:10   Link #342
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
That is indeed the case. Everyone has a normal life span, but the Death Note is kind of beyond anything normal. It's used to end a life before it's time is up. Not that it would have mattered much in Light's case anyway.>_> Besides, anyone can die at anytime, sadly, so if he saw a shorter life span, he might have assumed his son becomes one of Kira's victims and couldn't bare to tell him. Also, keep in mind that he was dying. And since it was his son, he may not have focused on the numbers themselves, but just the fact that there was a life span there, meaning his son wasn't Kira.
it could mean that death note users cannot see other death note users' life span while they still have their shinigami. Since Rem is dead so Light does not have a shinigami anymore but still have all the memories. Therefore, Light's dad can see his life span. So that means Light is just a ordinary guy with memories of death note attached.
Old 2008-07-04, 21:21   Link #343
Little Machi
Banned

There's a difference between owning a Death Note and being in possession of one. Even if you have the eyes, it's impossible for you to see the life span of someone who owns a Death Note. The shinigami themselves have nothing to do with it. Light kept in physical contact with Misa's Note, which allowed him to retain his memories, but at the same time fool his dad, who he knew would have the Eyes and realize he was Kira if he still had ownership.
Old 2008-07-04, 21:46   Link #344
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

by owning the notebook means that u have a shinigami, and possession is just keeping it. I remember a rule saying that if u steal the note from someone else u own the note book after a period of time. light clearly steal the notebook after his memories returns and rem was following him since, so he became the owner of the notebook. When rem dies, there is no shinigami following him, but he still keeps the notebook. so he switched from being a owner to a keeper. And his dad made the deal with ruuyk, so his dad is a owner till his death, ryuuk was still around until his death, and he clearly stated that light is not the owner of the notebook and his visions proves it too. This means that Light is just someone with memories of deathnote, but not the owner of it, so having a shinigami meant ownership of notebook.

On the side note, near stoles the notebook and became the owner in the end, and ryuuk was sticking around w/ him.
Old 2008-07-05, 00:26   Link #345
Little Machi
Banned

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

I don't believe Near was the owner of that Death Note, since it belonged to Mikami, and he never game up ownership of it. And all you have to do is touch part of the notebook to see the Shinigami. Light did not own a notebook at the time of his father's death, something he had carefully planned. Since his father was getting the Eyes, he would be easily identified as Kira because of his missing life span. And he really couldn't go around killing people freely anyway.
Old 2008-07-05, 20:53   Link #346
eru_panda
Seirei no Moribito????

Send a message via AIM to eru_panda
how does near know what L looks like?
Old 2008-07-05, 23:58   Link #347
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru_panda View Post
how does near know what L looks like?
Spoiler for L and Near:
Old 2008-07-06, 16:08   Link #348
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Could you rephrase that question, sir?

If you're talking about a second season, there's nothing planned.
okay thx madam and i am not a sir!

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-07, 19:46   Link #349
eru_panda
Seirei no Moribito????

Send a message via AIM to eru_panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Spoiler for L and Near:
Thanks! ^-^
Old 2008-07-10, 22:23   Link #350
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

do you think light ever grew a bond with anyone?

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-11, 02:01   Link #351
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
do you think light ever grew a bond with anyone?
Besides L, I doubt it.
Old 2008-07-12, 20:47   Link #352
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Hey, can someone who knows Japanese tell me what exactly L said at 6:45 here --> http://youtube.com/watch?v=rrPvL1AGK-I ??

"Watari, kono sekai de mou sukoshi dake .... narimashita" ("..." is what I can't figure)
Old 2008-07-14, 09:47   Link #353
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenken's Smile View Post
Hey, can someone who knows Japanese tell me what exactly L said at 6:45 here --> http://youtube.com/watch?v=rrPvL1AGK-I ??

"Watari, kono sekai de mou sukoshi dake .... narimashita" ("..." is what I can't figure)
he said "watari, kono sekai de mou sukoshi dake ikitemitaku narimashita"
=> "watari, i want to try living in this world a just little longer now"
(or you translate it as "i've come to want to live in this world a just little longer", whichever grammer you prefer. basically before this movie, L wasn't too bothered about only having 23days left to live. now he's found something worth living for and now wants to live a little longer)

禁則事項です
Old 2008-07-22, 18:10   Link #354
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Besides L, I doubt it.
So L has a better chance with light then misa does poor misa

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-23, 11:19   Link #355
Aquaman OS

Light thinks he's better than everyone else in the world so he has no friends or loves because he thinks no one is worthy of him, so said the creator.

Misa never had a chance. Light hates her and thinks she's a prime example of the rot of the world he's always ranting about, hence why he used her so shamelessly. It was fine because she was evil.
Old 2008-07-23, 12:26   Link #356
Tenken's Smile
Eternity Wish

Arigatou, Mecha-san! ^^

Q :
Spoiler for ending:

Q : In the end, why wasn't Misa arrested for all the killings she did as second-Kira ? It's intriguing if both L and N let her go like that. So the story has no morals at all: it's only an intellectual battle between Kira and the detectives; whoever won is the victor.
Old 2008-07-24, 16:33   Link #357
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Light thinks he's better than everyone else in the world so he has no friends or loves because he thinks no one is worthy of him, so said the creator.

Misa never had a chance. Light hates her and thinks she's a prime example of the rot of the world he's always ranting about, hence why he used her so shamelessly. It was fine because she was evil.
Yea I agree, Light wants to make a better world and every one who joins him dies or gets betrade by him. By doing that he gets full of joy that he messes up and loses he should laught at the end when they die.

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-27, 00:34   Link #358
krazyface

Talking new to death note

hey i just saw a couple episodes on adult swim and i loved it. i dont always have time to watch it on tv so i want to know where i can buy it, but i'm having trouble finding a good site. anyone know of a good site to purchase all the episodes in the english language, and for a reasonable price . also i've heard that there are movies, are these worth viewing, and available in english? and should i watch the movies or the episodes first? thanks all
Old 2008-07-28, 09:55   Link #359
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyface View Post
hey i just saw a couple episodes on adult swim and i loved it. i dont always have time to watch it on tv so i want to know where i can buy it, but i'm having trouble finding a good site. anyone know of a good site to purchase all the episodes in the english language, and for a reasonable price . also i've heard that there are movies, are these worth viewing, and available in english? and should i watch the movies or the episodes first? thanks all
That good the more death note fans the more the maryer I need to look at the movies i would watch the first episode then the movie that would be best for me. So you know whats going on before you see.

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2008-07-28, 14:50   Link #360
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyface View Post
Someone more experienced with online purchase will hopefully fill you in on where to buy the DVDs, as I personally get all my anime at my local store.

The movies are quite separate from the series, with alternate events and such (same story and many of the same characters, but quite a few differences as well), so they can be watched either before or after the series. I'd recommend finishing the TV series first, though, simply because it's a lot better, and you still might get a few kicks out of the live-action counterparts afterwards because of the plot differences. In my opinion, Death Note works a lot better as an anime, but the movies aren't horrible by any stretch of the imagination.

Tags
childhood, deathnote, history, lawliet, past