AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 123 54.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 31.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.88%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-13, 05:18   Link #101
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz
No, but at the beginning of the game. What was amusing was that the music was vacillating between orchestral and computer bleep versions. I've critized the show before for uninspired background music, but this episode is quite special!
Oh...so what's the name of the music when they are winning? Or is it a OST?
Old 2006-06-13, 05:20   Link #102
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Oooo! What's those CDs beside the labtop?
Old 2006-06-13, 06:34   Link #103
NaNash|

The space battle was awesome!!!

Too bad it is too short

Old 2006-06-13, 06:40   Link #104
sleeplessNites
being rock till senseless

The 3D battle scenes is totally unexpected, especially for just 1 episode. The part-time space crew designs are hilarious, Itsuki's crew have facial features made of japanese characters, lol. Haruhi shocked the sh*t out of a carefree Kyon when she "warped out" of his off-screen, rofl.

I do noticed that quite a few interesting novel details were left out. One the best episodes, nevertheless. If shuffling of episodes went by "saving the best for last" order, I wonder what to expect next.
Old 2006-06-13, 10:22   Link #105
USCPharmacist

This episode is made of fail and boring....yawn...

The only good thing is to see Yuki the "pupet master" lay the smacketh down on the script kiddies and her moe moe moment when she answered Kyon question:"You want to win too?"
Old 2006-06-13, 11:35   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Though the episode is full of "flash and bang" .... it really did have a lot less impact than episode 10. Even the baseball episode seemed more compelling. If this were a 26 episode series, I'd be fine with it - but with only 14 episodes to tell about a girl who can alter the reality of the whole universe - this seemed a little diversionary.

I don't deny it was a lot of fun, but story time budget-wise I'm a little concerned. I just hope this means they already have a secret green light for second season and they're just going to give the fanbase aneurysms before they say so.
Old 2006-06-13, 14:10   Link #107
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Well you've always been keeping yourself in the Dark Prison.

If only you can join the 99% here who loves Haruhi. Haruhi unites our minds into one and its much more fun during discussions.
I like the show just not as much as most people. Also you didn't get the play on words in regards to SRW, damn.
Old 2006-06-13, 14:54   Link #108
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Sub is out guys ... those who held out (like me) should go and get it :X
Old 2006-06-13, 14:57   Link #109
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I like the show just not as much as most people. Also you didn't get the play on words in regards to SRW, damn.
You don't get it do you? I didn't play along because this isn't exactly a SRW discussion thread.

Ok, here's one for your sake:
Spoiler:

--------

And lol, just when I'm about to say that the subs are late and here they are. a.f.k. is definitely reliable
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-13, 15:09   Link #110
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Um, k, am I going blind? Because I don't see the subs listed on here and I haven't received any RSS feed updates telling me about it either.

/me runs off to check afk's site...

edit: Or I would, if afk had a site.

edit2: Yay for google. Seems it's on the tracker but not here.
Old 2006-06-13, 15:11   Link #111
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Um, k, am I going blind? Because I don't see the subs listed on here and I haven't received any RSS feed updates telling me about it either.
Yeah, it came through on a RSS feed (unless you check a certain site every 3 minutes). It's on the front page now (www.animesuki.com). I highly recommend a RSS Feed reader of some kind. They're VERY handy for tracking fan-sub releases.
Old 2006-06-13, 15:34   Link #112
M.D. Geist

Narf, they dont play go ;<

they play five in a row ...
Old 2006-06-13, 16:05   Link #113
Decel

While I agree that this ep doesn't have the same Ooomph as the previous ep, it was a great episode nonetheless.

As an old StarCraft whore, I was extremely pleased by the familiar terms used in RTS.

Giving it a 9!
Old 2006-06-13, 16:08   Link #114
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
Sub is out guys ... those who held out (like me) should go and get it :X
*Dances*
Getting ready for my 3rd re-watch of all the episodes for today.
Old 2006-06-13, 16:16   Link #115
arias

Did anyone else notice Yuki's gradual learning of the keyboard?

She starts by waving the mouse around of course : p And then during the three/four days of training, you can see her steadily learning the keyboard, from using one finger to type, to two hands with a finger each, to etc etc. Just a nice little detail : 3
Old 2006-06-13, 16:26   Link #116
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Oh...so what's the name of the music when they are winning?
I too would like to know the name of the piece of classical music they were playing towards the end of the space battle.

Also, is there any English or English-translated game that resembles The Day Of Sagittarius III? It looks like fun

Last edited by Danj; 2006-06-13 at 16:39.
Old 2006-06-13, 17:20   Link #117
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Seems like no one know what music it is...

Just watched the subs with my friends--unfortunately I didn't managed to drag extra Haruhi fans. because we are all haruhi fans to start off with before the anime...
Old 2006-06-13, 17:23   Link #118
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor

Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
Danj, it may or may not be your thing. I don't know if you have ever played a RTS or TBS but this might be boring to some. It is a simulation after all and well as much as I hate this fact sims are a niche market. Also no 3D graphics for the graphics whores.

Anyone else feeling like reinstalling Homeworld 2? (God Relic after Company of Heroes I demand a Homeworld 3 and another Warhammer 40k. Also a Star Wars RTS would be nice.)

BTW those h4xors got pwn3d.

Great episode though. I was dying when she wanted to launch the Gundam.
Old 2006-06-13, 17:46   Link #119
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Seems like no one know what music it is...

Just watched the subs with my friends--unfortunately I didn't managed to drag extra Haruhi fans. because we are all haruhi fans to start off with before the anime...
If you really want to find out more about the classical music used, have a look at the "reader's comments in this particular blog page:
(note: I don't know enough about the music to confirm if they are right or not.)
http://www.yayapapayaz.com/handofgor...hi-suzumiya-11
Quote:
Comment by wontaek | 2006/06/13 at 05:28:47
1. Even my wife, who despises Haruhi series for fostering wrong message, said that this was a good episode. She also noted that there must be hundreds to thousands of males rolling around the floor screaming their affection for Yuki after they saw this episode.

2. Music was great. I loved that they used Debussy, Shostakovich, and Tchaikovsky’s music. ( In the first Legend of Galactic Heroes OVA, they used Carl Nielssen, Mahler, Tchaikovsky, Ravel, and other classical composers ) Now, Debussy and Shostakovich’s 7th symphony, titled ‘ Leningrad ‘, has been used often in various movies, but this is the first time they used the much under performed Tchaikovsky’s 4th symphony, although they chose the finale of the last movement instead of the beginning of 1st movement. If you have free time, go to amazon.com or something and listen to the first minute of the 1st movement: That passage is destined to be used in many epic dramas and animes. If you are serious about aquiring the music, I highly recommend ones done by Yevgeny Mravinsky and Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra for the Russian composers. Debussy is done well by many so you need not be too picky there.
Old 2006-06-13, 18:24   Link #120
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Great episode, hooray for more yuki development.
I still hope that they can squeeze bamboo leaf rhapsody in the few remaining episodes left.
Closed Thread