Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-24, 10:48   Link #221
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxButterfliesxxx View Post
On a side note: if it's allowed on anime suki, does anyone know where I can download the opening and ending songs to this anime?
It's not allowed to ask where to download. But FYI they haven't been released yet. Check this page or the couple previous, I think someone mentioned the release dates...

Here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=190 I really like the opening and ending. Looking forward to them.

Last edited by Lilith; 2006-10-25 at 09:54. Reason: added link
Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 10:52   Link #222
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:56.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 12:15   Link #223
Omniscient

Episode 04 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 19:46   Link #224
Glitch87

thouts on episode 4...

as a whole the episode was great. Nameless Lvl 2 akuma kicks ass and is well voiced. What a disgusting but cool character. The animation was somewhat solid but had a few parts where it really slacked. For isntance, where allen grabs the akuma and throws him. That looked like crap. But no biggie, it was still a cool episode... Whats with the animators changing Guzol's face?

anyways, next episode is gonna be ROCKIN!!!! count on it.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 19:59   Link #225
Codex

Spoiler for Episode 4 comparison with manga:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 21:36   Link #226
U<3Anime
Boo!

It seems like they change Guzol's face in the anime. Maybe the manga face is too scary for kids...
Old 2006-10-25, 06:54   Link #227
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 4
It's refreshing to see the main guys getting pwnd. Nice tricks with the Akuma copy abilty and Lala being the doll.

It's silly, but I really like Timcanpy. <3 Crushing it to pieces doesn't kill it, then what does?! It's my favorite "character". Along with General Cross... whom I think will have a major role as indicated in the ending sequences (we see him with the Earl and Allen in a "suspicious" pose).
Old 2006-10-25, 07:25   Link #228
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
lol omg now evil can gain lvls like pokemon XD
so basically allen got pwned by his own power
i really didnt expect an akuma to be so strong and kanda to be so damm weak...i thought he was ment to be strong -.-
well if an akuma grunt is this strong i wont want to see the boss
i dnt think that guzol is a doll...otherwise he wont be coughing out blood...hes could just be a very sick old man...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 08:32   Link #229
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Kanda = Sasuke...
Old 2006-10-25, 08:38   Link #230
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera View Post
Kanda = Sasuke...

So far, it might seem so, but damn if I will if anyone here thinks that D.Grayman rips off characters from something like Naruto or other animes.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 08:57   Link #231
crystar
*yawns*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post

And there is a lot of dark and angsty bishounen in anime and manga. Naruto's Sasuke isn't anything unique either. Kanda said the "I won't die until I find that person" line but we don't know if it's for revenge. Since when does anime have unique characters anyway... I can't remember even one in recent times.
crystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 10:04   Link #232
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystar View Post

And there is a lot of dark and angsty bishounen in anime and manga. Naruto's Sasuke isn't anything unique either. Kanda said the "I won't die until I find that person" line but we don't know if it's for revenge. Since when does anime have unique characters anyway... I can't remember even one in recent times.

Hmm, I think L from Death Note is quite original actually.
Old 2006-10-25, 10:11   Link #233
Skane
Anime Snark

I got a bad feeling about Lala's survival chances in Ep05.

Narf.
Old 2006-10-25, 11:23   Link #234
Glitch87

ep 5 will be one to watch. definitely.

also, kanda is not weak at all, as far as exorcist go hes uber strong. He just got hella ambushed. lvl 2 akuma are nothing to laugh at.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 00:50   Link #235
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Aria of Earth and the Clear Sky

The fourth episode's animation was an improvement from the last one, because I couldn't see much of what was happening with the extremes shades of dark in the latter but cleared the lighting for the former.

I'm just starting to detest the Akuma. They disgust me for their blood-hound nature and penchant for beating the crap literally out of any living thing that comes to their range.
But as much as I have to admit it, the scrap jokester simply is having way with Kanda and Allen.

I repeat myself again, I Have Not Read The Manga Yet!

The episode itself confirms on newcomers like me that Akuma are no pushover and once reaching their next evolutionary step, in a formidable display of clever cunning and timing are able to weave intricate tactics to such complexity to effectively fooling Exorcists that either they have them cornered without realising (the Exorcists) that walked right into the Akuma trap or for a successful infiltration.

Man, Kanda's a JAPANESE exorcist. Isn't it supposed that in the lore of the far eastern countries, exorcists from that nation are trained to develop capacities like feeling auras or an insight perception to tell that they are being fooled?
The guy simply bite the bait. If he's all blabbering not to take on company on anyone, he should had heeded his common sense and kept high his suspicion level all the time. That maybe should have prevented him the wound.

More like the present story tells that Allen is the ONLY exorcist able to tell the Akuma even among those freak monsters which excel on either copy or shapeshifting capabilities.

About Guzol and Lala it pretty much sums that he might be the lone survivor of Mateel, but he will soon be gone due to his disease. He covered for Lala so as to prevent the exorcists from breaking her, but since Allen's came carrying Tohma and Kanda on tow following her song with an LV2 Akuma tailing on him, then I do not predict good chances for her survival next episode.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 06:41   Link #236
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I got a bad feeling about Lala's survival chances in Ep05.

Narf.
same here but ill take a guess that she will use her innocence to save our heros...so her sacrafice isnt in vain...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 07:04   Link #237
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Man, Kanda's a JAPANESE exorcist. Isn't it supposed that in the lore of the far eastern countries, exorcists from that nation are trained to develop capacities like feeling auras or an insight perception to tell that they are being fooled?
Remember the first episode, where Allen explains to the female cop that when he's talking about akuma he's not talking about demons, that they're just weapons? The same applies to exorcists. These aren't priests; these aren't even particularily religious people. For all we know they could be atheists. They're just people who can use a certain kind of weapon called Innocence. Kanda's probably just some swordsman who's compatible with Innonence; there's no reason to believe he has anything to do with the people you're talking about.

On another note:
Spoiler for manga, that chapter they skipped:
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 18:56   Link #238
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I didnt expect this fight to drag out as long as it has and i really didnt expect that little girl to be one of the dolls. which means who is the guy shes with things are starting to get inresting now i was starting to loose intrest but now that some shit has been stired up im looking forward to more
Old 2006-10-30, 07:31   Link #239
ghostface

Overall a good episode, but the mention of Kanda's goal to find "that person" was completely uninspiring. It's not like we didn't know there was more to Kanda than being an arrogant jerk, and personally I was eager to find out what it is, but the way his motives were hinted at in this episode was just blah.

I like Toma a lot. I know he's supposed to be some sort of a generic character who's there to tell us a thing or two about the exorcists' work, but he already has my sympathy.
ghostface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 10:34   Link #240
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

At the end of episode 3 I had the impression that Kanda sent Tohma to serve as fodder for the Akuma in order for Allen to make his escape. Kanda took for granted that Allen would become flesh for the beast and chose make use of a pawn (Tohma) as a safeguard for Allen.

Kanda in his most jerk manner made himself clear that he's no ones ally and just commits to guarantee the safety and success of the mission. If he ever would send tools or pawns for Allen was it on the criteria that Exorcists are valuable due to their compability with Innocence, therefore, making them non-expendable whereas finders are expendable as toilet paper are.

But, episode four crushed that hypothetical view of mine. Kanda simply sends Tohma for scouting purposes, that is to observe and study the capabilities that the newly evolved Akuma can now exert.
Kanda knows the mission comes first above all, however, the Akuma is a persistent bastard to follow on their tails for ensuring the destruction of the Ghost. Kanda cannot let such a threat running amok scott-free, so information was to be gathered in order for him to devise a best strategy to counter such a freak.

Too bad that the LV2 Akuma went four steps ahead of Kanda.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk