AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 36.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 16.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-06, 01:57   Link #141
roan

I'm not really seeing any matchmaking yet, other than what Ryuuji and Taiga are doing.

All of that should have already been settled back in episode 2, when Taiga made it clear what kind of relationship they had. (Which still looked bad given what Taiga ended up saying in episode 2 to Kitamura and the whole pool stuff, but hey)
Old 2008-12-06, 03:27   Link #142
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Yay, AmixRyuuji moment. So satisfied.

You know what. This is the only Anime series where I don't really want the main char ending up w/ anyone. A open-ending w/ a vague scene on who will "win" at the end is just ok w/ me. (/that's just because I can always keep dreaming of an RyuujixAmi ending) lol.
Old 2008-12-06, 08:19   Link #143
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Actually it is not visual novel, it is light novel, now up to volume 9 in Japan. I think if US publishers license this, it will do well in US market.
Yeah light novel... I've been getting a lot of stuff mixed up lately. >_< Cheers.
Old 2008-12-06, 11:51   Link #144
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Um... Lovely*Complex? ... Itzura na Kiss?

True though, the novels I hear are currently in some major cliff-hanger moment and the series *could* end on the next novel (which might coincide with the series finishing?). Or it could go on quite a while even if they officially become a couple (like Lov*com, InK, etc).
I wont be surprise if it ends up like Itzura na Kiss or Nodame Cantabile. Yet Toradora! has its own flavor of "whos-whos" love story.
Old 2008-12-06, 13:04   Link #145
neoeagle

Thumbs up AmixRyuuji

Is the best pairing.I don't know how author of manga will try to flip that.

AmixRyuuji is pure chemistry and Ami is damn right about moon and sun comparision.

Kushi and Tyuuji are incompatibale.

what a nice anime I am loving it.The enjoyment factor has increased since Ami has been introduced.

P.S

Woho Ryuji is really popular.last sence on beach, he got the look from all three .

Last edited by neoeagle; 2008-12-06 at 13:19.
Old 2008-12-06, 14:30   Link #146
ThoHell

I don't know why, but with each episode my like for Ryuuji goes down and my dislike for him goes up.... he's nice and all, BUT DAMN, he's boring! I enjoy the show but it's kind of become hard to watch when you have to watch a character like Ami go through torment. The whole air head thing is kind of out of place, I mean it's just an act she puts on, but it seems that her real self is pretty smart and rational, quite mature. Hope for things to improve soon.....

It seemed like towards the end Taiga wasn't too happy with the development of Ruuji and Kushi's relationship. Also she seems to be seeing or noticing that a relationship with Kit isn't something she really wants.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-12-06 at 16:02.
Old 2008-12-06, 16:45   Link #147
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I don't know why, but with each episode my like for Ryuuji goes down and my dislike for him goes up.... he's nice and all, BUT DAMN, he's boring!
Ryuuji is the honest straight man of the pack who gets swept up in the pairing schemes of Taiga, the silly antics of Kushieda and Kitamura, and Ami's hentacles.
Old 2008-12-06, 20:24   Link #148
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder, if i want to keep Toradora as my collection, which sub team that I should go to?
Old 2008-12-06, 20:51   Link #149
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I don't know why, but with each episode my like for Ryuuji goes down and my dislike for him goes up.... he's nice and all, BUT DAMN, he's boring! I enjoy the show but it's kind of become hard to watch when you have to watch a character like Ami go through torment. The whole air head thing is kind of out of place, I mean it's just an act she puts on, but it seems that her real self is pretty smart and rational, quite mature. Hope for things to improve soon.....

It seemed like towards the end Taiga wasn't too happy with the development of Ruuji and Kushi's relationship. Also she seems to be seeing or noticing that a relationship with Kit isn't something she really wants.
What I fear is about Ryuuji is that he's turning into Ayase Yuuto from the Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu series.

At the beginning, to anyone else who watched the series, Yuuto was his own man who ended up in a steady relationship with Haruka. And despite the problems he faced in the middle by hiding her otaku secret and dealing with her mafia-like father, he stood up to them. However, around the ending when problems came his way...he kind of missed them. He didn't detect onto the girl's depression and he responded to nearly everything with a: "I see." or "Oh." It led to an incredibly lack luster finale.

And that's what happened to Ryuuji in this scenario. He responded "Oh." to so many of Minori and Ami's questions, that you exactly have to wonder what's with him. Shouldn't he be thinking really hard on what everyone wants instead of just ignoring everything? We don't want him to turn into a male lead where everything goes on around him and he just stands there.

That's kind of what happened in this episodes, he wasn't doing too much independant thinking.
Old 2008-12-06, 20:57   Link #150
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Novels give him more dialogue in those scenes, it appears.
Old 2008-12-06, 21:46   Link #151
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just wath this episode :

Good episode , Ami X Ryuji , Minori X Ryuji !Poor Ami , she is putting out of the way !
Taiga show her feelings , she regrets and she'll realize the true love is Ryuji .
Old 2008-12-06, 22:20   Link #152
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I wonder, if i want to keep Toradora as my collection, which sub team that I should go to?
You should pick a favorite episode and download it from each group. Look at the quality of the video, the fonts, the quality of the dialog.

All the fansub groups have had some errors or word choice issues (imo) ranging from minor to "wtf???"
For myself, the qq fansubs have been my favorite (the translator was originally doing them with gg fansubs and that group wasn't thrilled with the project so the translator created his own group.
So you have to get the eps 1-4 from gg and the ep 5 and so on from qq (don't forget the patches released for eps 1-4). I'm hoping he'll re-release the first 4 eps under the qq format.
Old 2008-12-07, 00:13   Link #153
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Ami said Ryuuji would never hit Minori, but I'm sure he'd love to slap her with a wet kipper. Or perhaps a beer soaked dishcloth in a game of Dwile Flonking which is a game I am sure Minori would relish playing.

As for Minori's questioning of Ryuuji at the end, I wonder what would have happened if he'd given her a straight answer?

Minori: Why did you do something like that?
Ryuuji: Because..... I'm madly in love with you!
Minori: So... you love me so much that it makes you want to frighten me?
Ryuuji: Ah...
Minori: Now that *is* scary.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-12-07, 00:25   Link #154
bloodyknight

Well, if he really answer like that, he can kiss his relationship with Minori goodbye...

which makes me wonder if he still likes Minori... especially when Taiga has entered into his life... They have been spending a lot of time together... Everyone can certainly see that.

The ending might have been relatively predictable from the very start.
Old 2008-12-07, 01:19   Link #155
TwinRivers

To me, i find that even if the ending is predictable its the journey Towards that ending which is really the story itself. An ending is an ending, i tie up of the story not the story itself. So even if many say that the ending is pretty predictable, i am still going to enjoy the chaos that leads to it.

Old 2008-12-07, 01:58   Link #156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Predictability is not, by itself, a negative thing. The *way* in which something happens, and the art and style of execution considerably outweigh "unpredictability" in many cases.
Old 2008-12-07, 02:00   Link #157
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

As well as the fact that some of the more "unpredictable" moments in recent anime seems to be in the vein of something pulled out of the writer's arsenal, more than creative storytelling.

Old 2008-12-07, 02:18   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Also known as the FNAR, WTF?, or "and then the sun exploded" school of mediocre writing more commonly seen in elementary age children's attempts at story writing. It is the exceptional writing staff that can do a good job at filling in the niches of great source material or in deviating from the source material..... which means that *most* anime writing staff suck at it (or else they'd *be* mangaka or novelists).
Old 2008-12-07, 02:24   Link #159
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Heheheheh... too true. But let's not lump them all together, now. Some teams actually do a pretty good job when adapting previously written source material, as most agree about this very series. They're just not the norm, is all.

Old 2008-12-07, 04:55   Link #160
satuross

10:30 , dark cave

did minorin said Hauu~~~~....

HANYUU?!!
Closed Thread