AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-05-06, 14:54   Link #2761
mols

of course not, I am not complaining. Its just a preference.
On the other hand I heard the music has been changed. Is it better?
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:13   Link #2762
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
I could care less about Mami's room, because really, an extravagantly decorated room and a completely empty room says more or less the same thing; that she's completely alone. Only difference is that the new look gives the impression of overcompensating, which actually fits her a bit better than it being completely empty.

Still far from being a necessary change, but it's not something to really complain about, I don't think.
That would be freaky to show her talking with dolls, pretending that she is talking to her parents.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:35   Link #2763
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
I preferred Mami's empty room. An empty room that showed a lonely person. It somehow showed the hard life MS had...
Lonely people tend to have more stuff. A sparsely decorated space is a constant reminder of solitude. My initial impression from Mami's barren apartment was that she spent so much of her time going to school and hunting witches that she only used her home to eat and sleep.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 15:39   Link #2764
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Lonely people tend to have more stuff. A sparsely decorated space is a constant reminder of solitude. My initial impression from Mami's barren apartment was that she spent so much of her time going to school and hunting witches that she only used her home to eat and sleep.
Admittedly, I think both versions work well at portraying the fact that Mami is lonely. They just have different ways of showing it, and IMO it would make sense for her to fill up her apartment with stuff; a way to try and fool herself into believing if her home is decorated, she isn't completely alone.
Old 2011-05-06, 19:21   Link #2765
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
That would be freaky to show her talking with dolls, pretending that she is talking to her parents.
Reminds me of Asuka in Eva: Rebuild 2.22, where she sometimes talks to her doll/puppet, or for another analogy, in Cast Away, Chuck is seen conversing with "Wilson" while stranded in an isolated island.

Talking to dolls (or inanimate objects or even an imaginary friend) is, IMHO, a way of keeping themselves psychologically stable during times of severe isolation.
Old 2011-05-06, 23:52   Link #2766
yanZy-san

Just started watching Madoka Magika and safe to say wow, so many pretty colours n weird things rofl! ^^
yanZy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 00:06   Link #2767
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanZy-san View Post
Just started watching Madoka Magika and safe to say wow, so many pretty colours n weird things rofl! ^^
The pretty colors won't be the only things to wow you
Old 2011-05-07, 01:14   Link #2768
sa547
*Author

Wow... The lines in SuckerPunch seem to ring true here. In most cases, Sweet Pea is Homura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Everyone has an Angel. A Guardian who watches over us. We can't know what form they'll take One day, Old man, Next day, Little girl. But don't let appearances fool you, They can be as fierce as any dragon. Yet they're not here to fight our battles. But to whisper from our hearts. Reminding that it's us. Its everyone of us who holds power over the world we create.
And this kind of remind me of Episode 12:
Spoiler:

A coincidence? In any case it's so profound even though both were written down independently, unaware of each other's possible similarities.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978764/quotes

Edit: Dropped to 12 from 9. http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

A backlash perhaps? Dunno, but sometimes (as I said before) we can't please everyone.

Last edited by sa547; 2011-05-08 at 08:07.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 02:47   Link #2769
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

so, i believe madoka magica has reached over a million posts already at 2ch even prior to episode 11 and 12. =) continue breaking records madoka!!
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 06:41   Link #2770
kaigan
Segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Edit: Dropped to 12 from 9. http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

A backlash perhaps? Dunno, but sometimes (as I said before) we can't please everyone.
true, we can't please everybody. but i'm sure we greatly owe the dropping mal rankings from troll campaign and the likes.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 07:11   Link #2771
zato_1one

I never care about any top list. Why should I care about what other people enjoy? The one who decides if it's enjoy or not is me.

Signed by Keima.
Old 2011-05-11, 08:40   Link #2772
sa547
*Author

QB telling people where to go; stamping on face optional (site NSFW):
http://www.akibaos.com/?p=10091
Old 2011-05-11, 20:26   Link #2773
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

So what does sales look like for week 2?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 05:07   Link #2774
zato_1one

I still don't believe that it can beat SenjougaharaTore-sama.
Old 2011-05-12, 09:42   Link #2775
Pachael
原作通り

Looks like (my) previous expectations are to be tempered with Wk 2 sales of ~4.8k BD and ~1.2 DVD giving it 6k for the week and a total of 69k.

If it follows Infinite Stratos' slow burn (~80% first week) then it'll hit about 80k in total, which is give or take at Bakemono levels.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-1865.html
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 10:23   Link #2776
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't know why you guys thought it was going to buck every trend. It doesn't matter how good (you think) the show is, it's still a slave of the system. Some of you guys were being entirely unrealistic, applejuice was predicting 10-20k for the second week and 5-10k for the third....

Anime blows their load in the first week, Tsubusa Cat II did 72k week 1 and than 4k the second week, 1k the 3rd week and 500 the 4th... Madoka Vol 2 will outdo the opening week of Madoka Vol 1 but the sales will drop off quicker in the following weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Nah, Japanese has the best taste.
Yeah you're right, that is cert *sees Jillian Michaels work out dvd outrank every anime bd/dvd on amazon a few days ago* .... never mind.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:31   Link #2777
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Some of you guys were being entirely unrealistic, applejuice was predicting 10-20k for the second week and 5-10k for the third....
You may not like his attitude and you may just waiting for this moment to look down on him. But in my opinion, the hardest prediction is the first week sale. For later weeks, you can just base on some previous statistics or just decrease the amount of the first week by xx%. He did a very accurate prediction for the first week sale which is impressive. IMO More importantly, he doesn't even boast about that in here (public forum) like a childish fanboy. I give him a credit for that and I think you should too. I've read your comments and it looks like you don't believe his prediction at all. That is totally fine though. But I think that it's better to praise someone too when he is right. Not just waiting for someone to fall and slam at him again.

I wouldn't post this if you didn't post the message in the quote. He only wrote that in his blog. Like I said, I don't see him boasting about it in here. So, it's better to discuss that in his blog if you want. The fact that you stated it in here makes me feel like you want other people to laugh at him. And I don't like it.
Old 2011-05-12, 15:01   Link #2778
MartianMage

Would've prolly sold more if not for the earthquake but it's still nice to see that Madoka is doing well.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 17:40   Link #2779
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

2nd week sales for DVD+BD was 6,000 and I was wrong with my prediction, which was 11,000. But I really need to post this due to Westlo's extremely annoying attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't know why you guys thought it was going to buck every trend. It doesn't matter how good (you think) the show is, it's still a slave of the system. Some of you guys were being entirely unrealistic, applejuice was predicting 10-20k for the second week and 5-10k for the third....

Anime blows their load in the first week, Tsubusa Cat II did 72k week 1 and than 4k the second week, 1k the 3rd week and 500 the 4th... Madoka Vol 2 will outdo the opening week of Madoka Vol 1 but the sales will drop off quicker in the following weeks.
You constantly call us 'unrealistic' and whatever shit when anticipating sales that you think is a bit higher than your prediction. Then I ask this, have you ever actually try to figure out the sales at all? Do you know how hard I was calculating just to get that value? It is not like I was not providing any evidence at all, I was trying to predict it using various factors that affects sales. You are basically overhearing everything I said, but only trying to bash without trying to cooperate and convince us.

Well shit. From now on, I will never, ever post anything about sales of any animation, when westlo is around. His ego seriously hurts me whenever I say anything about that matter.
Old 2011-05-12, 22:05   Link #2780
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Here is something that you guys might be interested in, especially for applejuice.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/0...0-shaft-anime/
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen