AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 03:32   Link #761
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Anyway guys and girls, your speculah missed Sayaka's role in the story. Granted, everyone is fixated on Madoka, but Sayaka is nowhere in the equation (especially if the equation involves Groundhog Day Loop).

EDIT:
@Kismet-chan: you should have seen the director's other anime, Petit Cossette. Things in Madoka are tame compared to the Deranged Animation in that anime. It blended better too, despite being made many years ago.
Homura said that Madoka will lose everything if she becomes magical girl. So, Sayaka's role should also be in that equation. I think that if someone is going to die in this anime then it has a high chance that that person is Sayaka.

I agree about Cossette. If you love the animation in this anime then you should watch Cossette. It's a must-see. IMO
Old 2011-01-09, 08:57   Link #762
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
What the hell are you people going on about? Stop prattling about alternate universes and timelines and just wait for the following episodes to explain it. Sheesh...
This! I don't get how everyone is talking about time travel and loops when there's not much to go with. She had a dream, who's to say that she wasn't taken to the surreal world during her dream? We don't know, the show has said nothing about that and we have to wait a bit.

Speculating is nice and all but I think people are taking some speculation as fact and speculating from there and that has made them loose a bit of perspective.
Old 2011-01-09, 09:56   Link #763
sirn
田舎者言うな

No one talk about the OP, but I think it's pretty cool. Here's how I see it:

Spoiler:
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 10:23   Link #764
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post

Spoiler:
I agree with this interpretation, and I think sirn's idea of Madoka's crying scene in the first few seconds of the OP was creative and interesting. But I don't think Kyuubey is irritated and tired of her lack of confidence, but he is sort of "shaking his head" at her.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 12:19   Link #765
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:

Spoiler:

Wow, I never thought of it like that. That's a really neat interpretation. o_o (Oh, and nice screencaps. :3)
Old 2011-01-09, 12:37   Link #766
Random Wanderer

Quote:

Spoiler:
Black cat sighting.

I find it interesting that Homura's presence in the OP is limited to just a few quick glimpses as the screen flashes by to show us something else. The theory has been presented that Homura is actually that cat. I would find that an interesting turn of events.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 12:45   Link #767
wingman32x

Quote:

Spoiler:
Very interesting analysis. First time I've seen someone break down an OP like that. I agree with what you said. Much of the OP seems to deal with Madoka's inner "Normal Girl VS. Magical Girl" struggle.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 13:50   Link #768
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

Spoiler:
I like your interpretation on the OP, been awhile since I saw someone trying to decipher an anime based on its OP

Spoiler for Silly Speculation:
Old 2011-01-09, 14:26   Link #769
Calca
Expressionless

I don't remember doing shrooms before watching this but afterwards I'm not quite sure anymore.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 14:58   Link #770
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:

Spoiler:
Well, I didn't talk about the opening much because:

-It's way too cool for me to talk about!

-I understand that openings contain many hints and nods to future events/parallels/symbolisms and the like, but in my time as an Anime fan, I noticed that taking them too literally isn't such a good idea (this might be a different case here, as the writer here is nearly in full control of the story though)

It is a pretty great analysis on the whole opening. Kudos for being so preceptive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Very interesting analysis. First time I've seen someone break down an OP like that.
Really? There always seems to be somebody who dissects OP in this manner for anime :X
Old 2011-01-09, 15:19   Link #771
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Really? There always seems to be somebody who dissects OP in this manner for anime :X
Spring 2010 was the season in which I actively started posting on these forums(and any anime forum, for that matter). Up until then it's been all manga for me. So I'm still relatively new in anime discussions. As a result, some things (VA talk, Specific Producers/Animators etc) are still kind of alien to me.

So yeah, in my limited time discussing anime, I haven't seen a frame by frame breakdown of an OP. Of course, I might have missed a few due to how quick discussions can flow here.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 15:33   Link #772
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
It is a pretty great analysis on the whole opening. Kudos for being so preceptive.
I don't see much of that then, or I'm at the wrong place at the time when someone talks about the opening like that. So may that's how its new to me to see an analysis like that.
Old 2011-01-09, 16:14   Link #773
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Spring 2010 was the season in which I actively started posting on these forums(and any anime forum, for that matter). Up until then it's been all manga for me. So I'm still relatively new in anime discussions. As a result, some things (VA talk, Specific Producers/Animators etc) are still kind of alien to me.

So yeah, in my limited time discussing anime, I haven't seen a frame by frame breakdown of an OP. Of course, I might have missed a few due to how quick discussions can flow here.
Don't worry about it, I've been lurking and posting in this discussions for 3 years or so and I still find all those subjects going over my head mostly but you get used to it
Old 2011-01-09, 16:49   Link #774
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

*sigh*
Quote:

I hope you didn't misunderstand what I was saying here? I meant to say that there are always people who take their time to look for clues/hints in the openings and endings (hell, I've done some of that in the past as well) and not to suggest that it's something you should've known. It wasn't a serious comment to begin with anyway (I even had a smilie at the end of it) just an observation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I don't see much of that then, or I'm at the wrong place at the time when someone talks about the opening like that. So may that's how its new to me to see an analysis like that.
Mostly, I see these sort of things on every forum/a blogs, not exclusively here.

I don't know, did my comment really sound that offensive?

Edit:

For something more on topic, I noticed that there was something brought up about not having any time travel involved here? I guess it make sense to just say her dream was a premonition that overlapped with a dream Homura was having, but then why didn't Sayaka get a dream as well? She did end up being offered the contract in the end as well.
Old 2011-01-09, 16:52   Link #775
Fotbollsgraes
formerly Last_Hope

Ok, I´ve figured it out! Someone stole the hidden magic in SZS´s OP that was lying dormant and gave it to the girls in Hidamari Sketch and now the SZS OP has come to get it back!

Awesome insert song, great first episode. I haven´t been this excited about an anime after the first episode in a long time.
Fotbollsgraes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 16:56   Link #776
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Why is 90% of this thread about epileptic trees?
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 17:02   Link #777
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
If you want to see how far things can go,I suggest you go look at the Eden of the East thread where after the 1st episode aired there was all kinds of analasis of the OP,and it only grew as time went by
Old 2011-01-09, 17:05   Link #778
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Why is 90% of this thread about epileptic trees?
Because it's fun, and we have nothing to go on until the next episode anyway. After all, with all the mysterious information, also taking into account the staff behind this, and the fact that this is an anime-original adaptation where none other than the staffs know how the story is going to be, speculating about these can be fun and engaging. This is pretty much to be expected when a mysterious anime original anime is airing (like Eden of the East and Sora no Woto) and every info available, even OP, will be carefully combed for clues and hints.
Old 2011-01-09, 17:07   Link #779
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

It just doesn't seem like there's enough to go on to even make speculation interesting at this point. You could theorize just about anything and it'd fit.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 17:16   Link #780
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Discussing epilectic trees is undoubtedly fun, but at this stage we know less than nothing. We should give it a while before we get into heavy speculation.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen