Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-14, 21:49   Link #21
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
With 663 tickets left (He used three this episode right?), if he only used one a month they would last him about 55 years, and if he's at least 15 now, he'd be about 70 around the time he uses the last ticket. That's not so bad, but yeah, where's the fun in that.

Who knew a bra could have such sentimental value, and yet I can weirdly relate to that.
Wait, did he have 666 tickets or 66? I guess 666 would make sense, but I thought I heard he only had 63 left...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 04:21   Link #22
askara

^
pretty sure he has 666, and the number of ticket use is base on proportion of the the wish but i have no idea how many he got left

i like how this anime have this old school classic feel
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 20:59   Link #23
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
^
pretty sure he has 666, and the number of ticket use is base on proportion of the the wish but i have no idea how many he got left

i like how this anime have this old school classic feel
Yep. The number of tickets used is based on the proportion of the wish - that was confirmed in ep 2, which I just finished.

So actually I think I will in fact follow the series. It is not profound or earth shaking, but it is pleasant and even a little endearing.
Old 2014-07-17, 00:17   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well at least he isn't likely to blow through those tickets in a couple of days if he does have that many to start off with . Although the whole amount depending on the wish might make it complicated. Since we're talking about wishes, aside from the extremely easy and the extremely hard, could be tough to judge usage per wish.

Either way I'm sure he'll burn through them enough for it to be an issue . I'm somewhat curious about when Rurumo will find out about this condition and how she'll respond. She may be suspicious about something, but probably doesn't have it all figured out yet.

Did solve the whole mother situation in the way I kind of expected them to. Just mess with her memory. Well thought it'd be either that or she couldn't see Rurumo, but this allows the girl to become part of the family so that's not bad.

Have to say I've never been more satisfied to have a blimp fall down and crush a bunch of people . Really did feel a desire for those guys actually recording Rurumo to get taken down somehow.

Good second episode though. Will enjoy following this series.
Old 2014-07-17, 00:44   Link #25
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Face it Flareknight! You have also been charmed by Rurumo!

On other things, I have been mulling over some previous posters mentiining the "old school" feel to the series. I have felt similar things, and have been trying to formulate what about reminds me so. Best I can come up with is a sort of reservedness and restraint. Even a bit of "innocence"...for me this is best typified by the ED.

Anyone else who has felt the series reminded them of old school series have other insights as to what about it reminds you thereof?
Old 2014-07-17, 00:51   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Face it Flareknight! You have also been charmed by Rurumo!

On other things, I have been mulling over some previous posters mentiining the "old school" feel to the series. I have felt similar things, and have been trying to formulate what about reminds me so. Best I can come up with is a sort of reservedness and restraint. Even a bit of "innocence"...for me this is best typified by the ED.

Anyone else who has felt the series reminded them of old school series have other insights as to what about it reminds you thereof?
Well little ability to deny that . As likable an ex-con as any I've seen .

I certainly agree it has an old school feel to it. To some degree I think the visuals and animation tie into it. Feels like a show you could see being aired a long while back just sharpened up so it doesn't look terrible on the monitor .

That feeling you have might also tie into it. Feels like a throwback to a time when the magical girl wasn't trying to be deeply examined or inverted or things of that nature. Magic is just spectacular and it works, no need to delve heavily into how it works. Stretching the imagination in say having a blimp crash down on people and just have them injured and not...well dead .
Old 2014-07-17, 00:55   Link #27
chaos_animagic

I feel like I seen this type of plot before, I can probably guess what'll happen at the end already, LOL.

BTW, he could still use up most of them and save the rest until he die of natural causes instead of the above scenario, one every month.

Cause it doesn't look like it fast forward his life where he grows old, but instead will end his life when the tickets ran out.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 04:36   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Noto Mom = Nidousuji's ancestor?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 08:04   Link #29
VTHokiePride

Am I the only one creeped out by his mother's death stare?
Old 2014-07-17, 19:45   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I was quite taken by that second episode. Very funny with the trademark Watanabe cheekiness and heart. This is old-fashioned to the point of being quaint, but I quite like it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 21:12   Link #31
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my that mom look like she going to kill her own son at any time
Old 2014-07-17, 21:16   Link #32
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Noto Mom = Nidousuji's ancestor?!
Lol, you mean Midosuji... That would be SO hilarious.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 05:00   Link #33
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei

That yandere mom. You have to wonder how the parents managed to procreate, what with mom being Yandere and all...
Old 2014-07-18, 14:46   Link #34
ookamigirl

This anime is never dull.
I like it how they opened both episodes with action scenes.
Why do the bad guy have those space suits?
It makes them look weird.
White haired girl (Rinka) made an appearance.
Guess it was time to see her story.
Rinka's dad, Rindou, looks very much like Wolverine, just older.
That guy with her was impressive too.
Guess he can teleport, just like Rinka can go through things & just like her dad is magnetic.
Could Azuma be the thief the police is after.
Looks like there is another... an invisible one.
A lot of things happened this time.
It was nice to see how it all began.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 22:13   Link #35
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
One of the things that charms me about this series, aside from Rurumo of course, is how sincerely kind Shiba is. I guess that's typical of a protagonist, but the way it was portrayed here feels different to me. Like, initially, how he earnestly wanted to help Rurumo out by allowing her to stay in his room, without any type of malicious/perverted thoughts(til the end =0p). It was nice seeing him talk to Rurumo like a normal girl over the course of the three days(or the moments where they are playing that serene guitar solo) opposed to some random blushing and ecchi events that'd occur with other shows. I am slightly reminded about MGX for some reason(though I don't want to compare protagonists, since Shiba is much better).

Last edited by frubam; 2014-07-18 at 22:33.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 07:55   Link #36
Mr Nr

This second episode was much better then the first one. It still has that old school charm towards that I quite like. Kouta's mom has that yandere feel towards her. I mean those stares are deadly but she sure loves her son. To solve the situation of Rurumo to stay, she is now the little sister that came back from New York where she stayed from the removed Uncle. This still has a nice charm towards that I quite like. Animation is very good and I'm still digging the art style. Not expecting much from this rather just expecting an entertaining anime. And so far it is a pretty good anime.
Mr Nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 01:18   Link #37
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Ep 3

This series is so much a keeper.

And not only because Rurumo is incredibly endearing, but because despite all his fluffy headed surface silliness down deep Kouta is actually a really good guy, and it shows.

In many ways the ED really is a wonderful summary of the story (at least so far). ^^
Old 2014-07-24, 08:27   Link #38
LKK

I need to get back to this show. I enjoyed episode 1 but haven't had time for episode 2 and now 3. I should make time to catch up. I keep hearing good reports about it.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 09:28   Link #39
SQA

Well, that's something of an expectation inversion in ep 3.

Spoiler:
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 02:05   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Another pretty nice episode. Pretty well expected her to have a crush on someone else in the club and the president made sense. Good luck to her since he clearly seems more obsessed with strange things than girls .

Of course the girl going after the president is fine since nothing seems better than the relationship between the Kouta and Rurumo.

Finally got that story as to how she got imprisoned. Whoever tricked her was real trash. Can't help feeling bad for Rurumo who constantly had been picked on by her peers because of her slow ability to pick up on things and her clumsiness. Kind of wonder if this is where the ED will come into play. Perhaps teaching her how to ride a bike will help her in actually being able to ride a broom at some point. Or it will just outright be a replacement.

Kind of funny how she ended up working. He helped pick out an outfit for her, called her cute and here we are. Feeling that relying on him too much is making her too carefree. Maybe since this training is a punishment of sorts she feels bad to be enjoying herself as much as she is.