AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA Zwei! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 3 11.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 34.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 42.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-08-21, 08:48   Link #21
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
You know... in the Fate series, it's usually "being Lancer is suffering".

In Fate/kaleid liner, however, I learned that "being Shirou is suffering". Cause he usually mistreated in an awful way due to his "misfortune".
Well, both Lancer and Archer have Luck E so... :P
Old 2014-08-21, 09:14   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The cooking contest and Illya's attempt to be more of an older sister were both hilarious. I loved Irisviel's little chart too. Guess we know who's wearing the pants at home
For some reason, it looks like she doesn't like Shirou much. I wonder what kind of relationship those two have, if at all.

Kuro should have tried her hand at cooking instead of letting Mimi and Miyu do everything (lol at Miyu's cake). Given which heroic spirit she has installed, she should be able to cook on the level of a chef.
Old 2014-08-21, 09:26   Link #23
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
For some reason, it looks like she doesn't like Shirou much. I wonder what kind of relationship those two have, if at all.
Well, Shirou is adopted after all, so that might play some part in it, but I think it's more of the fact that, first and foremost, Prisma Illya started out as a comedy parody, and obviously someone has to be the butt of the jokes. In this case, it happens to be Shirou.
Old 2014-08-21, 11:28   Link #24
MCAL

The first half was really unnecessary and wasn't even that funny, so I guess it was good Silver Link switched the order of the chapters. The Onee-chan part was much better, if only because of the ending. Have to say I wouldn't want those people as my big sister either... Okay maybe not Touko.

Bazette finally appears next episode and I have to say she brought some considerable hype from the preview alone.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 11:40   Link #25
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well, Shirou is adopted after all, so that might play some part in it, but I think it's more of the fact that, first and foremost, Prisma Illya started out as a comedy parody, and obviously someone has to be the butt of the jokes. In this case, it happens to be Shirou.
In other words, Shirou is officially the butt monkey in this series, for the laughs in a good way. To do so, a certain person's level of misfortune is added into him, which also leads to an unwanted harem for himself, despite not being a harem lead. And he doesn't even need to try to become one either.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-21, 18:35   Link #26
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
They are letting Shiro have a harem despite not even being the MC. He needs to pay some sort of price in this case being the butt monkey of the series.

I really wonder what that family is like when Kiri is around. Especially when you add Kuro to the equation.
Old 2014-08-22, 00:28   Link #27
rladls2121

It would be better if it showed Rin and Luvia side of the story.
Since Nanaki's big sister's popularity is toppled by twin tails and golden drills.

Iliya squashed the can with her bare hands in front of Miyu and Kuro, they both got wet.
Thinking why would Iliya would do that for Kuro, this is too good.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 16:32   Link #28
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
What is bad when your family is slowly turning into your harem?

Well, the one in the middle is already taken .

I was expecting Irisviel would put Kiritsugu on top, so that was surprising. Though I guess with no Grail War and having given up on the mission that drove him for so long, Kiritsugu doesn't mind leaving Irisviel in charge and deferring to her for anything. Of course, that means Iri gets to implement her own style of parenting around the household and possibly giving preferential treatment to the kids that she actually conceived .

Speaking of... poor, poor Shirou. With, apparently, little effort he gets a harem consisting of two cute little sisters, one being very aggressive, and two, possibly three, beautiful women but has to pay the price by being the butt monkey of this series. I guess that's a fair trade .

I thought this was pretty funny episode overall, but Illya's older sister act was a definite highlight. I would think that, with the nature of Kuro's birth and existence and all, it would be best to just look at Illya and Kuro as twins would settle this dispute but I guess there's always the argument of who really came out first .

Miyu's birthday being the same as Illya's, and by extension Kuro's, is quite the coincidence .

Looking forward to seeing Bazett .
Old 2014-08-22, 19:48   Link #29
The Green One

Kuro is technically correct that she did exist first so she is technically the big sister.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 19:50   Link #30
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, they're twins. If Kuro's creation happened before the birth like the dialogue implied, then Ilya and Chloe were born at the same time.
Old 2014-08-23, 09:38   Link #31
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, they're twins. If Kuro's creation happened before the birth like the dialogue implied, then Ilya and Chloe were born at the same time.
They were the same person but with two personalities. Until the grail somehow granted their wishes.

Illya wants a normal life which in a deep[er level means Kuro wants her life. Illya and Kuro both want Shirou because they were one person. One has inhibitions the other does not.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:01   Link #32
Tranhieu

Talking about birth order, shouldn't it be Kuro who came into existence first? Illya only became concious after Kuro getting sealed off thus making Illya the imouto?
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 12:40   Link #33
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They only sealed the knowledge and memories of the Holy Grail stuff, leaving everything else, and that reemerged as a split personality after the fact, so by that same logic Chloe should be the imouto.
Old 2014-08-24, 12:43   Link #34
GDB

She was 8 months old. There wasn't anything else. As Kuro herself said, Irisviel sealed everything about her and botched it, creating the new personality (Illya) in the process.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 18:30   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a bit of an odd situation. Agree that Kuro basically was first mentally since the majority of memories were sealed up. But of course Illya has lived in that body more and Kuro kind of just got one...oh well, let's just run with twins on this. A bit of an unusual situation with points able to be given to either side.
Old 2014-08-26, 21:46   Link #36
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's a bit of an odd situation. Agree that Kuro basically was first mentally since the majority of memories were sealed up. But of course Illya has lived in that body more and Kuro kind of just got one...oh well, let's just run with twins on this. A bit of an unusual situation with points able to be given to either side.
It's like the Twins debate on who first came out of the mother...

the one that comes out 1 second before tends to be called older... LOL

so by that logic, Kuro's mind came into the world first before sealed than Illya came out after.

so Kuro's mind is older even if they're sealed.

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

I laughed so hard on the hair part... LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 19:00   Link #37
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Clash! Cooking Sisters!

The second season ended, and I was left standstill for weeks because of personal laziness, so I have to make a miracle comeback.

First of all, if it sucked to be Shiro given that he was of little importance in the previous season, then it sucks more to be Shiro given the unwilling attention she gets from both Kuro and Illya, much to the latter's contempt and chagrin at how Kuro clings at her onii-chan.

And, the sit of all authority chart established by Irisviel was just so priceless with her being the Goddess wall of the Universe, and I mention one more time that sucks to be Shiro more so given that he's at the lower tier of the authority with the Big Brother wall placed at the fifth position; one level above Kuro's standing in the house, though.

Furthermore, we got another related subplot between cooking for Shiro, and Illya getting to learn how to a proper onee-chan for Kuro.

At the Einzbern Household the female to male ratio will be wonderful to many fans, but my sympathies go to Shiro, hence, no thanks to harems for me, I'm declining politely. One girl is enough in a relationship.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-11, 06:21   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

relaxing episode. Chloe is now a part of the family.

Shirou is good at analying food. He even has an idea who makes it and for whom.

Miyu can make a wedding cake just from ingredients at school.

Ilya mom is god of the house.

they have to kiss, so that Chlose does not run out of mana. The yuri continue.

next episode, looks like there's going to be some action.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote