AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2022-08-22, 22:15   Link #4201
nik45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
yes, and yuri should take note, in overlord when the characters have completed their cycle they are killed as they should, so they don't get in the way, here it's the opposite, there are so few characters that author can't kill them, even if they already gave everything they had to give, Take Lucci for example, he is such a poor and undeveloped character, he should have died a long time ago, since vol 12 when Rio defeated the 5,000 soldiers, he should have died there, Later on, he ambushes Rio in Rubia and again inexplicably he comes out alive, then he attacks Rio's house and comes out alive again, and now he fights with Celia and comes out alive again, god Yuri's way of writing is pitiful, poor guy.

clearly the author plans that lucci be the substitute for lucius, something that he will never achieve, because lucius was one of the few well-written characters in the whole LN, he appeared, participated and gave everything he had to give and died,
his cycle ended and his participation ended, he no longer had anything to give,luicus was a decent villian.

the saddest thing is that the author can't get rid of his useless characters because he simply doesn't have other characters, he has wasted so much time and book pages with useless tea parties, apologizing loops, cooking chit chat, building a pseudo harem, developing "heroines" who don't contribute anything to the plot etc, instead of writing characters that do contribute and writting the damn lore, what a sad case

I hope this volume has lower sales than normal, it would be an act of mercy if readers stopped buying the volume, at this point i feel like the few sales of this novel are out of pity, This novel is begging and his author is begging for cancellation, I hope the Japanese have mercy and grant it

What good people are the Japanese, buying garbage so that the talentless author yuri does not starve, god.
Bro you can just leave this thread like you did with the discord, you've already dropped this series long time ago, move on and enjoy overlord. Please spare us from your rant.
nik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-29, 16:31   Link #4202
Xan2341

When does the epilogue of volume 21 actually take place? Both the scene art and exchange between Miharu and Takahisa never actually occur in volume 22's meeting when Takahisa arrives in Galarc. Instead he immediately apologizes and is timid around Miharu the entire time. Then in the ending of volume 22, Miharu's dream she hears the exact same lines again from Takahisa that was said in volume 21.

The way Miharu hears Takahisa's volume 21 welcome in her dream state, as well as the confident and creepy vibe Takahisa gives off in the final image of volume 21, lead me to believe it occurs in a different time period later than both novels.

Perhaps I am reading too deep or perhaps the author decided to change things after volume 21, but ending of volume 21, synopsis for volume 22, and ending of volume 22 all have Takahisa greeting miharu that they meet again. Which did not occur during the actual volume 22 meeting between the two.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 05:24   Link #4203
tsunade666

eh, its probably creepyhisa being creep and had start watching miharu while she sleeps. that's probably vol 22, while the end in vol 21 is just a greeting when they meet again, together with the others but to him, miharu is the only important one.
Old 2022-08-30, 10:33   Link #4204
nekodamashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan2341 View Post
When does the epilogue of volume 21 actually take place? Both the scene art and exchange between Miharu and Takahisa never actually occur in volume 22's meeting when Takahisa arrives in Galarc. Instead he immediately apologizes and is timid around Miharu the entire time. Then in the ending of volume 22, Miharu's dream she hears the exact same lines again from Takahisa that was said in volume 21.

The way Miharu hears Takahisa's volume 21 welcome in her dream state, as well as the confident and creepy vibe Takahisa gives off in the final image of volume 21, lead me to believe it occurs in a different time period later than both novels.

Perhaps I am reading too deep or perhaps the author decided to change things after volume 21, but ending of volume 21, synopsis for volume 22, and ending of volume 22 all have Takahisa greeting miharu that they meet again. Which did not occur during the actual volume 22 meeting between the two.
I think you're on to something, but we can only speculate right now, so it might be as tsunade said.

Personally though, I think vol 21 epilogue where it had Takahisa creepy smile illustration might be at a close future where Takahisa awakens and remembers Rio, hence the "we meet again" said in that way, as he just remembered Rio so he's greeting her again as the worst version of himself.
nekodamashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 10:48   Link #4205
Xan2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
eh, its probably creepyhisa being creep and had start watching miharu while she sleeps. that's probably vol 22, while the end in vol 21 is just a greeting when they meet again, together with the others but to him, miharu is the only important one.
That is the interesting thing though, we also have scene art for the greeting of volume 22. Takahisa looks straight to the ground with princess Lilianna looking surprised at his actions. The rest of the scene he is only looking down and never at Miharu (doesn't even speak to her himself). Then the rest of the time he acts timid around everyone in the mansion.

Its a complete 180 from the volume 21 ending image. Part of me hopes its a sign of memories returning soon for better or worse. Though I have no idea how they will do that within a volume or two given the build up of the rules absolute nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekodamashii View Post
Personally though, I think vol 21 epilogue where it had Takahisa creepy smile illustration might be at a close future where Takahisa awakens and remembers Rio, hence the "we meet again" said in that way, as he just remembered Rio so he's greeting her again as the worst version of himself.
I agree here on the memory point, Takahisa has no reason to revert back to his crazy self unless he remembered Rio. Even if Miharu doesn't want to go back to Centostella with him, as long as Takahisa sees no other male in her orbit that she is interested in he will stay his origional self. It was only with Rio existence, that he went down that negative feedback loop in his mind. Seeing Takahisa with that crazy vibe tells me he reverted or will revert in the near future.

Takahisa awakening would not really allow him to remember. If he did unleash a transcended attack, he would be treated as a transcended himself, but also be at death's door.
Old 2022-08-30, 11:38   Link #4206
nekodamashii

Quote:
Takahisa awakening would not really allow him to remember. If he did unleash a transcended attack, he would be treated as a transcended himself, but also be at death's door.
You're right but, I don't mean when they die and revive with high assimilation but when they reach a point where as vessels they are ready for the spirit to take over but it hasn't happened yet, basically Erica right before the earth spirit took control of her body, I'm just assuming he'd be considered transcendental at that point since that's the only way I can think of where Takahisa remains himself and remembers Rio, cause there is no way the Celia scenario will happen with this guy.
Old 2022-08-30, 11:44   Link #4207
Xan2341

Quote:
You're right but, I don't mean when they die and revive with high assimilation but when they reach a point where as vessels they are ready for the spirit to take over but it hasn't happened yet, basically Erica right before the earth spirit took control of her body, I'm just assuming he'd be considered transcendental at that point since that's the only way I can think of where Takahisa remains himself and remembers Rio, cause there is no way the Celia scenario will happen with this guy.
It was explained currently in the last volume Erika was only recognized as a transcended once the Earth Spirit unleashed that final attack. Up to that point the rules didnt entrap her. Its also why she was able to talk to Rio normally in the end there in volume 20 as both were already forgotten.

The other possibility with Takahisa is he doesn't get his memories back but is smug/creepy because Miharu agrees to go with him. To explain a bit, the preview for vol 22 at the end of volume 21 also contains the lines of Takahisa asking Miharu to go with him to Centostella this time. Then we throw in the dream of volume 22 end and the voice recommendation...and yeah.
Old 2022-08-30, 12:21   Link #4208
nekodamashii

Quote:
It was explained currently in the last volume Erika was only recognized as a transcended once the Earth Spirit unleashed that final attack. Up to that point the rules didnt entrap her. Its also why she was able to talk to Rio normally in the end there in volume 20 as both were already forgotten.
Then my idea falls apart and I have no idea what that was in both epilogues tbh. I mean, did he seriously break into her bedroom? Yeah impossible, Gouki would have realized that they have an intruder in the mansion.

Quote:
The other possibility with Takahisa is he doesn't get his memories back but is smug/creepy because Miharu agrees to go with him. To explain a bit, the preview for vol 22 at the end of volume 21 also contains the lines of Takahisa asking Miharu to go with him to Centostella this time. Then we throw in the dream of volume 22 end and the voice recommendation...and yeah.
I can't help but feel there is something more to it, both epilogues have the same line said by Takahisa; "we meet again."
21 epilogue is called "Reunion" meanwhile 22 is "A prophetic dream, or..." and both have Takahisa say "we meet again" to Miharu (It's probably the same scene, could Lina have shown her a scene in the future somehow) I'm almost certain the author is cooking something up here.
Old 2022-09-09, 07:16   Link #4209
tsunade666

Is there any news for when the next book will come? vol 20 was out in jnovel today. and vol 21 is already being translated.
Old 2022-09-09, 08:43   Link #4210
jagt

Quote:
Is there any news for when the next book will come? vol 20 was out in jnovel today. and vol 21 is already being translated.
The next book was scheduled for winter, in other words, the 1st of December if things go like usual, or the 1st of March at the latest, but for the time being no official date yet.
Old 2022-09-09, 09:08   Link #4211
nekodamashii

2 things in this story that the author backed himself into a corner with:

1 is Reiss, he didn't forget Rio so you'd assume he's probably a familiar of a transcendental, but then the rules have never applied to him throughout the story (totally unrelated but imagine if he was Rio's second familiar)

2 is magic + power to create any tool, he made WGs so overpowered it makes no sense, we were made to understand that as far as phenomena go, the rules are supreme and right below them are the authorities then spirit arts followed by magic (for individual use, spirit arts are stronger). But no, not the WGs, they can do whatever they want with magic, it's literally their deus ex machina, they can seal other transcendentals presumably forever, they can open gates to other worlds, they can bypass the rules through their tools and magic, they can create literally anything they want, they can reincarnate, did I miss anything?

I just hope the author doesn't fail to explain this in a way that makes sense so he gives us some bull crap explanation, saying that they can create anything and they can tell what they want to create just by wanting to create it is already bs enough but, hopefully it doesn't get worse. It doesn't even make sense, the dragon king has his mana repelling body, the spirits have eyes that can see souls and the wise gods have their parallel and accelerated thinking, why do they get more benefits that are crazier than authorities? If I got this right then an example would be that Lina can see the future but all seven of them can make a tool that makes them see the future and they can understand how to make it just by thinking they want to make something like that.

This way it looks like nothing but that world's god setting the wise gods to rule/destroy everything from the get go, why else make them some geniuses that are playing 4d chess with everyone 24/7 and give them a power that coupled with that and given enough time can be stopped by nothing. The way things are now, this novel will become nothing short of WGs playing 4d chess with each other and the rest of the character being their chess pieces, just like Rio, Aishia and Sora are Lina's chess piece right now (don't mean it in a bad way, neither am I attacking them.) Imo, it would have been much more fun to see Rio, Aishia and Sora struggle to find a way and think of their future course of action on their own.

The worst part of this novel has to be its overbearing overreliance on deus ex machina for its villains, or rather its progression of events and plot. Of course you can't predict or see it coming when it's bullshit. I shouldn't be the only one thinking Lucius was the last time this novel saw a good villain. Oh well, Erika wasn't bad too.

Last edited by nekodamashii; 2022-09-09 at 10:58.
Old 2022-09-09, 13:23   Link #4212
Xan2341

Quote:
2 things in this story that the author backed himself into a corner with:

1 is Reiss, he didn't forget Rio so you'd assume he's probably a familiar of a transcendental, but then the rules have never applied to him throughout the story (totally unrelated but imagine if he was Rio's second familiar)

2 is magic + power to create any tool, he made WGs so overpowered it makes no sense, we were made to understand that as far as phenomena go, the rules are supreme and right below them are the authorities then spirit arts followed by magic (for individual use, spirit arts are stronger). But no, not the WGs, they can do whatever they want with magic, it's literally their deus ex machina, they can seal other transcendentals presumably forever, they can open gates to other worlds, they can bypass the rules through their tools and magic, they can create literally anything they want, they can reincarnate, did I miss anything?
It all still works with what the story has established so far. We know thanks to Lina that the rules are able to bend are be circumvented under specific conditions. Reiss has mentioned since volume 13 that he is currently bound or restricted sealing his power. Once unsealed (speculation) he falls back in line with the rules. Also none of the transcended know the reason why the world god left, the rules are probably a means to an end goal still to be revealed. Through the little lore we have the world god apparently wants to have everyone grow and evolve in this world without its interference. The rules are exactly that, to also ensure the former servants are only revealed when their roles are needed. Otherwise the rules strangely allow for the transcended to also make mistakes but then rules exist to correct for them. Example. The wise gods are allowed to bring in beings from other worlds with no issue, however rules exist that all knowledge and experience is wiped should anyone then leave the world by any conceivable method. Almost as if the original God knew this was going to be a thing and incorporated it into its plans.

In terms of reincarnation, it makes sense that only Lina successfully pulled it off. While Sora said all wise gods were researching the method, Lina is able to see the future of others and correct for variables. Meaning even if others somehow made a future vision type magic, Lina's is from God itself and she can ensure anyone she reincarnates follows a set path or has the best variables for success where the others would be going in blind. We also don't know the timescale it takes the wise gods to do their magic research in order to make process on the rules. The rules have existed long before 1000 years ago, the masks as an example may have been the culmination of wise god efforts for thousands of years, and only to slightly bend one rule. Their magic is powerful but not instantaneous.

But yes, this is the usual issue with all things related to god-like characters, you have to write them as literal cheats on the game board. Make them too weak and the power scale doesn't make sense, make them too strong and then you won't have a challenging antagonist. Other stories have both pulled it off nicely or failed. However the author is going to have to start showing us the other side of the story soon, both active transcended, their familiars, goals and the main antagonist of the series. If its the wise gods fine, if its a literal god from another dimension, fine, if its Reiss, fine but explain him fully then. Explain the purpose of the heroes too and why they were also summoned within the same time period of the impending threat that only Lina could see, etc.
Old 2022-09-11, 10:45   Link #4213
nekodamashii

Quote:
It all still works with what the story has established so far. We know thanks to Lina that the rules are able to bend are be circumvented under specific conditions. Reiss has mentioned since volume 13 that he is currently bound or restricted sealing his power. Once unsealed (speculation) he falls back in line with the rules. Also none of the transcended know the reason why the world god left, the rules are probably a means to an end goal still to be revealed. Through the little lore we have the world god apparently wants to have everyone grow and evolve in this world without its interference. The rules are exactly that, to also ensure the former servants are only revealed when their roles are needed. Otherwise the rules strangely allow for the transcended to also make mistakes but then rules exist to correct for them. Example. The wise gods are allowed to bring in beings from other worlds with no issue, however rules exist that all knowledge and experience is wiped should anyone then leave the world by any conceivable method. Almost as if the original God knew this was going to be a thing and incorporated it into its plans.

In terms of reincarnation, it makes sense that only Lina successfully pulled it off. While Sora said all wise gods were researching the method, Lina is able to see the future of others and correct for variables. Meaning even if others somehow made a future vision type magic, Lina's is from God itself and she can ensure anyone she reincarnates follows a set path or has the best variables for success where the others would be going in blind. We also don't know the timescale it takes the wise gods to do their magic research in order to make process on the rules. The rules have existed long before 1000 years ago, the masks as an example may have been the culmination of wise god efforts for thousands of years, and only to slightly bend one rule. Their magic is powerful but not instantaneous.

But yes, this is the usual issue with all things related to god-like characters, you have to write them as literal cheats on the game board. Make them too weak and the power scale doesn't make sense, make them too strong and then you won't have a challenging antagonist. Other stories have both pulled it off nicely or failed. However the author is going to have to start showing us the other side of the story soon, both active transcended, their familiars, goals and the main antagonist of the series. If its the wise gods fine, if its a literal god from another dimension, fine, if its Reiss, fine but explain him fully then. Explain the purpose of the heroes too and why they were also summoned within the same time period of the impending threat that only Lina could see, etc.
True, your point about Reiss makes much sense. In fact, since he said he wasn't at his prime in vol 12, his situation has a strong resemblance to that of Rio prior to vol 21, I guess we can't say much about him until author gives an explanation.

I did make the same conclusion as you regarding the reincarnation magic; that Lina should be about the only individual that can make proper use of it, but seeing how much the author uses the 6 WGs as a plot device, it wouldn't be past him to just say, the WGs just managed to do it, which is what worries me. As you already said, if he goes too far in setting them up, we'll end up with a Madara situation where most ways to eliminate them would seem to not make sense, given how great and crafty they are portrayed to be.

As of now the power balance seems to be holding up but that's mainly due to it's ambiguity. We don't know how strong current Rio (base form or assimilated) is, we don't have a proper understanding of how strong other characters are either. Seeing Reiss, Renji, Satsuki, Gouki, Aria, Masato, Nidol and Duran for example have real 1 vs 1 deathmatches would give us some insight into power levels and how different fighting styles (sword, magic, spirit arts, black flame, monster summons and tactics) would fare in battle. Author seldom gives anyone who's not an outlier proper battle time, usually it's Rio/Aishia and in the last vol it was Cheat Celia, even with those it's almost never a real battle that get to be finished with a winner/loser, this novel could benefit from more vol 14 Rio vs Lucius style battles. Anyway, this turned into me complaining about seirei not being dbz, sorry.
Old 2022-09-28, 01:23   Link #4214
nik45

Upscaled version
nik45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 04:17   Link #4215
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik45 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Aisha too sexy

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-02, 10:27   Link #4216
tsunade666

Any news for a new volume? Its nearing the end kf the year.
Old 2022-11-02, 18:53   Link #4217
jagt

Quote:
Any news for a new volume? Its nearing the end kf the year.
There aren't seirei related news in HJ bunko's site for the time being, if we don't have any news yet next week it might be better to think the book will be released the 29th of December instead of the 1st.
Old 2022-11-04, 08:47   Link #4218
jagt

HJ Bunko has released its list of books sheduled for the 1st of December and Seirei Gensouki isn't among them.
Old 2022-11-04, 09:24   Link #4219
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
HJ Bunko has released its list of books sheduled for the 1st of December and Seirei Gensouki isn't among them.

I want to know more. the waiting takes too long.
Old 2022-11-20, 23:27   Link #4220
Denker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
reni development, I also retract what I said about him, in this volume he proved to have enough to be a secondary villain, his enthusiasm for fighting women without nonsense like chivalry pleases me

RIO, As always, one of the weakest links in the series is the protagonist, the volumes, and the months and years go by and he continues without adequate development, he continues with his loser cuck mentality
Bro normally I would say "Just leave then" but then you drop these golden lines, and I say, continue the shitposting friend.
At least you get a chuckle out of me.

Also Overlord's trash.
Well, not really, I couldn't be bothered to read it.
I started the manga before the anime ever aired, and the lizard people arc bored me to death.
"It's better because it kills the characters off after they're done offering what they had" is such a boring, misserable and edgy mindset.
Nobody even gets a speck of optimism for the future in Overlord, except for the unlikeable gang of degenerates over there, which is fine, but they are also boring to read, so idk if they win since I know they'll win and keep being awful.

At least in Seirei I get to hope for a happy ending of some sort.

Last edited by Denker; 2022-11-29 at 22:13. Reason: typos
Denker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai, magic