AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-09-19, 04:49   Link #4461
WingedAccelerator

Well, this is underwhelming.

I don't think it's necessarily crosses out that this is the real future of the characters, but Aka just had to put the dreaming Hayasaka at the last page to create doubt. A future "will" come when her dreams become true.

But regardless of this, I barely feel it's Hayasaka's chapter. She quickly notes that her dreams are fulfilled. She quit the Shinomiya Family, she travels around the world, and she has friends. True happiness. The rest are used for telling about the other characters. One last yuri bait is also there with Hayasaka x Fujiwara, Hayasaka making the moves.

Ishigami and Iino are ambiguous for the time being. Iino destroys entire clubs with her drinking habits and Ishigami is annoyed that she always asks him for help when she is utterly wasted. They are close enough, but the chapter doesn't confirm or deny if they are couple or not. Drunk Iino flirts with Miyuki, while Ishigami can't really believe the girl.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-21, 21:19   Link #4462
BWTraveller
Born to ship

OK, saw it translated. It looks like the whole thing's just a hypothetical, what Hayasaka pictures happening for everyone. She suspects that Miko will become a party girl once she's on her own and has more freedom, that Ishigami will still struggle with academics, that Miyuki will succeed at making his own company, that Nagisa is twisted enough to name her SON with her best girl friend's crush after said best friend, etc. Could be it's meant to be a look at the canon future, could be just a hypothetical. I got the feeling it's more the latter, but the end is vague just saying that Hayasaka's story will come to a close when her dreams come true.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-21, 21:29   Link #4463
Shadow5YA

Acchan

I still do miss gyaru Hayasaka.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 01:01   Link #4464
Lex79

It's believable enough (except for the part about Fujiwara being serious and competent :P) that I can take this as the actual future that awaits our characters, unless of course the next chapters directly contradict it.
Old 2022-09-24, 11:00   Link #4465
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Mangaka nowadays really have tendency resorting to: "This is the ending but lets make it a dream so I can avoid possible backlash and criticism" 'huh.

Can't wait for Kanojo Okarishimasu mangaka to apply this technique as well.

Old 2022-09-24, 11:54   Link #4466
WingedAccelerator

Spoiler for Chapter 277:
Old 2022-09-24, 18:45   Link #4467
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Forgot to comment on the last chapter. The Oshi no Ko girls being on a billboard on the first page indicates it is the future to me, not just a dream. I guess Hayasaka is some kind of seer.

It's a pretty fine future. I know some hate it but I love the Fujiwara x Hayasaka shiptease.
Old 2022-09-25, 22:09   Link #4468
SirCopert

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 277:
I believe there will be an open ending for them.
SirCopert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 12:21   Link #4469
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Which would be completely fine. Nothing wrong with an open-ended "maybe". Of course every step's making it more clear I'm not going to get the closure I want. I mentioned it before: I want Kyouko to actually meet Ishigami now that she knows at least part of the truth behind his actions. I don't like the idea of someone whose mistakes and grudges caused so much pain just being written off as "She should know she was wrong at this point" and never seen. Just a letter would be enough, something to show that she knows some of the truth and feels remorse for what she'd done. Frankly, that's a far bigger thing to me than whether Ishigami will in any way upgrade his relationship with Miko or leave it as something that "could" happen in their future.
Old 2022-09-26, 16:31   Link #4470
WingedAccelerator

Well, I called it.

The chapter is about Iino trying to recruit Ishigami, because she faces reality that she has few people that she can call friends and all of those don't want to take part in her Student Council. But of course, she struggles with her thoughts how she should ask him. Last page she says not just the Student Council, but she herself needs Ishigami. Break next week. LMAO.

Gomanosuke, the cat is the new Secretary by the way.

There is also a bullied 1st-year student in the chapter, whose obscured face awfully looks like he could pass as Miyuki. The hair is a bit more rough, but it's almost identical as well.
Old 2022-09-26, 18:10   Link #4471
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Since Miko won by a landslide, wouldn't there be people volunteering to be part of her council?

Well, the bullied kid will definitely be recruited.
Old 2022-09-26, 19:44   Link #4472
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Since Miko won by a landslide, wouldn't there be people volunteering to be part of her council?

Don't expect much when she barely built any connection with other students outside student council.

Besides, originally started as comedy manga, Miyuki's himself basically top score student (him and Kaguya) + using Kaguya connection (Fujiwara and Ishigami) to fill the seat rather than genuine intention from voters. The bullied kid itself is basically to keep the tradition going as Miyuki and Iino also once bullied (Miyuki for being poor, until he can maintain Shuchinin #1 student position).

Old 2022-09-26, 19:52   Link #4473
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Not really, she could have received plenty of casual votes where they weren't passionate about it one way or another but her name was just more well-known than the competition.

Or the common political trend where people hate the opponent so much that they are just voting against him instead of to support Miko.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-27, 22:16   Link #4474
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Doesn't seem so odd to me. Having people really want you running the show doesn't necessarily equate to having tons of people want to personally step in and help. Does legitimately thinking a politician would make a great president make you want to become said politician's VP?
Old 2022-09-28, 02:59   Link #4475
WingedAccelerator

The President chooses the members. Iino didn't really ask any unfamiliar face yet, so the struggle comes from making at least one familiar face join before. I'm pretty sure she could have scouted for members based on exam scores and whatnot, but it became more of a personal thing along the way.
Old 2022-09-28, 11:45   Link #4476
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So Miko runs for president so she can get Ishigami all for herself... eh? That's so disturbing looking from the distance.
Old 2022-09-28, 17:05   Link #4477
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
So Miko runs for president so she can get Ishigami all for herself... eh? That's so disturbing looking from the distance.
How the heck did you get that as her motivation for becoming president? I'm not even buying that that's the reason (or at least the main reason) she tried to recruit him.
Old 2022-09-28, 20:06   Link #4478
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Note how despite Kaguya and Miyuki were into each other behind their facade they still were pretty efficient and recruited top tier students into joining them.
Old 2022-09-29, 08:13   Link #4479
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Note how despite Kaguya and Miyuki were into each other behind their facade they still were pretty efficient and recruited top tier students into joining them.
Again, how does that lead to "she became president so that she can be alone with him"? She's been aiming for president from her very introduction, long before she started to develop feelings for Ishigami. Honestly it sounds a whole lot less like she doesn't want to have anyone else and more like she's still shy and lacking in either close acquaintances or the confidence to approach people she's not that close to. Something that Ishigami has become much better at. I seriously don't get how you can take someone pursuing her dream of becoming SCP and then, upon gaining it, going to one of the few people she's close to in her year to ask him to stay on the council as "she did this in order to be alone with him".
Old 2022-09-30, 03:14   Link #4480
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
She's been aiming for president from her very introduction, long before she started to develop feelings for Ishigami.
Not really.

To begin with she's part of Disciplinary Committee that act independently from Student Council.
Her reason for joining election when she's introduced is because she fed up by declining morale in Shuchinin (Ishigami using rules loophole also Tsubasa and Kashiwagi flirting).
After she lose debating against Miyuki about need of stricter rules off-screen, there's no indication she still interested to took president seat truly by her own volition; Ishigami Bowl even confirmed it more because Miyuki specifically directed her to be his successor resulting on moments where Iino not getting any support from Kaguya until Iino prove she capable to solve problems by herself.

To make it worse, lack of competition on last election (where she won by landslide) hardly sell idea that Iino seriously aim for student council president title.
It ended up leaving impression that current Shuchinin student have minimum attention that whoever former student council member that available will do. We didn't see Miyuki election but Miyuki and Kaguya left traces on past chapters that they were working hard maintaining #1 and #2 because that's how they ensure students and teachers during their era kept their faith on them.

Fujiwara and Ishigami recruitments even revealed to have good reason (can be trusted by both, capable especially if they wanted to, neither of them ever left their works unfinished).

Tags
character derailment, coming of age, desconstruction, genre shift, love triangle, memeguya, no longer our guy, quality decline, romcom, school life