AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-01-25, 19:00   Link #41
Mithos
Disabled By Request

I Like hand to hand fighting like Ippo and DBZ only the hand to hand when they shoot fireballs too much then it sucks but I have to say back when Goku first fought Vegeta and he lost the fireball fight and ended up taking a ride into space on the fireball that was funny. Fights like M.Vegeta vs Goku are the best overall. Ippo Rules.
Mithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 08:30   Link #42
CPOK
Gun Bunny

Ultra realistic gun fights. As in the nitty gritty details. They type like GSG. Tho I prefer if they made the ammunition act realistic. a thin flimsy wooden table would not stop a armour piercing round from a P-90 or a M-16.

Aerial fights are cool. The kind that use real world planes.

Other than that if done will I don't really care as long as it isn't that bloody DBZ and such.
CPOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 08:38   Link #43
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
...? there are more then one kind of fight scene? isnt it just people going at each other? only real difference is time...
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 01:54   Link #44
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
scrapped princess style (dragoon VS peacemaker)
naruto (without the flashback)
macross zero
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 00:41   Link #45
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

my fav kind would probably be sword fights and mecha, followed by good hand to hand combat.
some in particular
bleach
macross
alot of gundam series
TTGL
tenjou tenge fights were pretty cool too.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:34   Link #46
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
I'm a person that loves close quarters combat, so if it's got firearms or swords, I'm in it...

The reason why Bleach has always had my attention for however many damn episodes it has is because I'm fascinated with sword battles...

Same goes with Samurai Champloo, especially...

And I also like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex for it's gun battles, although also for it's tactical counter-terrorist element, something a modern warfare buff like me really enjoys...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 13:42   Link #47
GreatTeacherKen

I don't particularly have a favorite style, but I do like 'intense' fights, the kinds of fights where I'm not sure if the hero will even win/survive or at the very least is put in a very tight situation. Of course, I prefer fights be well animated. And bonus points for inventiveness.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 22:06   Link #48
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Cowboy Bebop
Best sword vs gun fight ever. Vicious vs Spike...dang

or how Spike
Spoiler for spoiler:
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 10:19   Link #49
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I like fights with:
  • Blades, knifes or otherwise sharp melee weapon. As long as it's not boring like Bleach (as in: mumble muble *swing* *swing*) or overly exagerated skills (can defeat any enemy with outh a care, oh please).

• Guns and firearms. When there's more to it then just point and shoot.

• Martial arts in general. I usually like it mixed (feet, hands and body movements) or otherwise complement with the above (blades and guns).

As far as I'm concern, the battles should be:
  • somewhat long (minutes)

• if they must have dialog, have it at the beging or the end; or if they really must have dialog in the midle, short quick phrases rare and far betwean.

• involve some sense of balance ("I am l33t hence I win1!!11!" battles suck so bad)

• have a good reason to fight (nothign more stupid then a pointless fight)

I don't like, mecha battles in general. Usually I find them acceptable if their somewhat tactical and use firearms. There was only one anime where mecha sword-like fighting looked good and made sense to me - Soukou no Strain - most others I usually go meh when I see it. If the mechs start flying (even lacking any plane transformation) it's instant fail in my mind. The final generation mechs always look gay to me; they always look like mahou shojo style crosplay.
Old 2008-09-26, 23:33   Link #50
tetsuo
In Classic Form

I gotta say that I love hand to hand, its like a huge first place compared to sword fighting in second, then gun in third. But what I also love...which I don't know if you'd consider this second or not, is when you combine hand to hand with like sword(Mugen from Samurai Champloo) or gun (like Train from Black Cat)
tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-26, 23:36   Link #51
tetsuo
In Classic Form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
Cowboy Bebop
Best sword vs gun fight ever. Vicious vs Spike...dang

or how Spike
Spoiler for spoiler:
I don't know man, what about the samurai vs. Revi, in Black Lagoon or Train vs. Creed, in Black Cat. Now those were some pretty epic Gun vs. Sword fights.
tetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 02:52   Link #52
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Favorite fight scenes are when characters fight for a cause more important than themselves, their own lives, or the lives of even their companions. Or fights for love. Yeah, pretty corny I know, but to me, a fight must be waged with a purpose. There's nothing worse in my mind than a meaningless fight or a fight that could otherwise be avoided.

If you want to get down to the technicalities, if I see a fight, I want to to be hand-to-hand combat. Except in rare cases, long range battles with huge guns blaring at one another is somewhat boring. If they use guns, it has to be a close range fight like in Grenadier or Cowboy Bebop. For the most part though, I find melee weapons (swords, spears, etc.) the most interesting and exciting to watch.
Old 2008-09-27, 07:18   Link #53
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

I have yet to see a good fighting scene. I don't know if it's a problem of budget, or intentional but fights are always either short, full of talking or recycled frames à la DBZ (or take Macross, where the "shooting scenes" are reused again and again, just to hit a new target).

I think i'd like something with hand-to-hand combat that lasts longer than one move with 5 minute of talking in between. Something like those really, really old martial-arts movies. God i loved those. I'd like to see them again but i forgot all the names.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 11:26   Link #54
animeboy12

I like brutal and ground hand to hand combat. No special moves, no energy blasts, and there has to be a sense that things could go wrong for both characters.

ex
s-cry-ed(last episode)
cowboy bebop
Dai Mahou Touge
girls bravo s2

funny when you think it that ussually never the fighting focus anime that has the best scenes
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-27, 11:35   Link #55
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

the hypersonic fighting in dbz

bitch slapping from hot chicks

the fights in the final ep of samurai 7

somethings like rurounin kenshin, unreal sword fighting

ikkitousen's chick fights, ULTRA HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultra violent like the ones in elfen lied

G-gundam has pretty good fighting scenes too

Realistic combat as in 08th ms team
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:04   Link #56
Craymel

I like fights that are fluid, well animated and don't use cheap short cuts. I actually like mecha fights. They're shiny some of my favorite mecha fights have been in code geass right now because they're fluid, well animated and don't use cheap short cuts (copy and paste for the win).
Old 2008-09-29, 03:26   Link #57
Shinbou
Ka-na-me...^^

Send a message via MSN to Shinbou
Hand to hand, martial arts, combination of gun and martial arts, magical fights with weapons, raged fights.

Animes like:
FMA, Gunslinger girl, Naruto, venus versus virus, blood+, chrono crusade, claymore, night wizard...ect...
Shinbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 07:30   Link #58
space cowboy
cowboy of space

Gun v sword is cool like in the final battle between viscous and spike from Cowboy bebop.

Other than that im down with anything as long as it doesn't have too much magic in it. I cant really see/relate to the skill in magic.
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 16:53   Link #59
BigGimp77

I liked well-animated fight scenes lol. Usually if they are well-animated and action packed I'm all for it.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 18:16   Link #60
Ultenth

Probably my favorite fight scene in recent memory has to be Seirei no Moribito. The spear scenes with Balsa, and the ones with her master Jiguro are absolutely amazing, both in terms of the actual physicality of them, as well as the flawless artistic execution (no spash screens, no reused animations). The way the spear scenes are executed as so fluid and realistic, but also just bad-ass enough that you realize how amazingly skilled the characters really are.

I also really enjoyed the fight scenes from Kekkaishi, because although their actual powers were fairly bland sounding (they can make boxes, thread, and spheres?) the imaginative ways they put those powers to use always entertained me. Especially when compared to some animes where all it comes down to is people throwing massive balls of energy or punches/sword slashes and the winner is just the one with more power (or is powered up due to be pissed off etc.).

That said, one of the shows that does sometimes make use of that formula, but likes to also create some really imaginative powers and use them in weird ways, is One Piece. Which is a great show even though they do use a lot of cheap animation tricks (as expected of an ultra-long running shonen show). They do a great job of having cool and unique powers, along with having that ultra-cool aspect of being uber-powered and fighting against other uber-powered folks. But they also balance that with good character designs, great humor, and storylines that actually can occasionally evoke emotions from viewers (a rarity in shonen anime imo).

So I either like fight scenes that are ultra-realistic but still have flair (SnM) or have really unique and creative aspects to them besides just throwing balls of energy or punches back and forth (Kekkaishi and OP).
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote