AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2018-02-13, 20:21   Link #1101
Chibiloli

Anybody know what this says?
https://twitter.com/mkaz0310/status/963407092500414464
Old 2018-02-14, 00:13   Link #1102
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Basically that it's been more than a month since that Gundam Frame tweet, and that he'll be ready soon.
Old 2018-02-15, 20:22   Link #1103
Chibiloli

Look what I found in the Parking Lot Homes:
https://twitter.com/g_tekketsu/statu...88154981416960

Last edited by Chibiloli; 2018-02-16 at 03:28.
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 23:00   Link #1104
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Might want to try that again, Chibi.
Old 2018-02-16, 03:28   Link #1105
Chibiloli

Fixed, I accidentally posted the link in img.
Old 2018-02-16, 05:25   Link #1106
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Is that a cape on the Gundam?
Old 2018-02-16, 08:34   Link #1107
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is that a cape on the Gundam?
like how Gjallarhorn uses it as a sign to invite opponents to a duel? (though just hangs on the shoulder that they later discard) that or it's just a design choice like the Regal Lily.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 00:39   Link #1108
Chibiloli

Look what I found in the parking lot homes:
https://twitter.com/Kengokawanishi/s...90851486982149
Old 2018-03-13, 21:01   Link #1109
Chibiloli

Look what I found in the Parking Lot Homes.
Old 2018-03-13, 21:56   Link #1110
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Barbatos with wings?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 13:38   Link #1111
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So the theories that come to mind for this machine is that this is either something for Gundam Build Divers, or something that's post-IBO, rather than pre-IBO.

The Gundam Frame in question is pretty clearly the Gundam Barbatos. The recognizable elements in question seem to be from the Barbatos Lupus Rex--the V fin crown has four fins, and four notches seen on the Lupus Rex, whereas the original Barbatos and the Barbatos Lupus only had two fins. If you look at the feet, it has large, exaggerated nails, also like the Lupus Rex.

The parts that are different, on the other hand, correspond to the severe damage the Lupus Rex suffered when Juliette destroyed it. Both arms were destroyed, as was the chest--she slashed it off, after all. While she did sever its head, the head itself was still intact.

The left arm looks to have the same gauntlet plate as the Barbatos did at the very start of IBO, and the original plan for IBO's finale was going to have that arm and gauntlet reapplied to the left arm along with a Reginlaze pauldron. Overall this looks like a machine that was left behind in the ruins of Tekkadan HQ rather than salvaged by Gjallarhorn, and the parts summarily replaced with what was found there. It could also explain how Kudelia and Atra seemingly recovered Mikazuki's remains, as we saw Akatsuki wearing all three bracelets, which would only be possible if Mikazuki's remains were retrieved--as Kudelia's ties to Tekkadan were forcibly cut and Atra would've had to go underground due to being a member of Tekkadan, I doubt Gjallarhorn gave them his remains in good faith, Julietta's regret or no.

On the other hand it IS a little odd. At first I thought this might be a pre-IBO form of the Barbatos, because it has different shoulders, the gauntlet plate, and a torso chassis reminiscent of the Barbatos and Lupus' top-opening cockpit (as you may remember, the Lupus Rex was changed to a front-opening one due to Mikazuki's disabilities). But that doesn't mesh well with the fact that it has the Lupus Rex's head and feet, never mind the new side boosters, wings, and cloak. These are the details that make me believe that if this isn't for a post-IBO project, it's for Gundam Build Divers.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2018-03-30 at 15:20.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 00:26   Link #1112
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So the theories that come to mind for this machine is that this is either something for Gundam Build Divers, or something that's post-IBO, rather than pre-IBO.
I actually highly doubt its Build divers related since Ogawa said Yu Ito ( character designer ) came by studio 3 for a Project that their working on and given the fact he used the IBO hash tag removes all doubts that its Build divers related

https://twitter.com/mkaz0310/status/976433542807797760

the bigger question we should be asking is it a season 3 ? prequel ova ? or Movie ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 02:13   Link #1113
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, I'm leaning towards IBO myself, but given my track record with Gundam-specific theories I'm not about to discount the GBD possibility. As I stated with my theory, I don't think it'd be involved with a prequel OVA--had it the normal Barbatos head and feet, I would've, given the state that machine ended up in when CGS had it.

Sequel's far more likely.
Old 2018-03-31, 23:45   Link #1114
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, I'm leaning towards IBO myself, but given my track record with Gundam-specific theories I'm not about to discount the GBD possibility. As I stated with my theory, I don't think it'd be involved with a prequel OVA--had it the normal Barbatos head and feet, I would've, given the state that machine ended up in when CGS had it.

Sequel's far more likely.
Well Rising you were correct that it might be a sequel XP Ogawa did an April fools joke where " he did not ask Yu to to more art and there will not be news this year"

https://twitter.com/mkaz0310/status/980269850525249536

lol I can't believe we live in a world where more IBO is gonna happen its insane.
Old 2018-04-01, 01:25   Link #1115
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm not gonna hype myself up until an official announcement. For now, my eyes are set on GBD.
Old 2018-04-01, 01:44   Link #1116
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm not gonna hype myself up until an official announcement. For now, my eyes are set on GBD.
The man himself said we are getting news this year how more Official do we need ?
Old 2018-04-01, 01:51   Link #1117
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
The man himself said we are getting news this year how more Official do we need ?
You know, actual press conference by Bandai-Sunrise like when they first announced IBO? Or at least an announcement video?
Old 2018-04-01, 01:52   Link #1118
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Because there's nothing to get excited over. There's nothing to go on, nothing to discuss that I haven't covered. We have pictures of a new Barbatos configuration and a Gundam Frame or two we know nothing about, and I've already covered what can be discussed about the Barbatos...

So until they actually give us something significant to discuss, there's... nothing to discuss.
Old 2018-04-06, 19:58   Link #1119
Skaddix

I cant get hyped I am sure they screw the Protags again instead of putting the Antags to the sword.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 21:01   Link #1120
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd be surprised if you even bother, given how you acted during IBO's run.