AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-01, 12:13   Link #61
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
We have no idea what she's talking about when she said "Child" so we can't assume that's proof of anything until we have something concrete.
Yep, dismissing everything that goes against your theory is certainly the best way to prove something.
Old 2007-01-01, 21:53   Link #62
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Yep, dismissing everything that goes against your theory is certainly the best way to prove something.
What theory? I don't have a theory. I think theories, especially ones about the events of a fictional story, are idiotic. We don't know if this "Child" she's referring to is the same as the Childs from HiME or not. It could be an older form of technology that the Slaves were made to resemble and were starting to resemble even more. We don't know a thing so we can't make assumptions.
Old 2007-01-01, 22:29   Link #63
Ansa

Quote:
What theory? I don't have a theory. I think theories, especially ones about the events of a fictional story, are idiotic. We don't know if this "Child" she's referring to is the same as the Childs from HiME or not. It could be an older form of technology that the Slaves were made to resemble and were starting to resemble even more. We don't know a thing so we can't make assumptions.
it seems you DO have a theory but you don't need to be so hostile about it.

Personally I think they are linked, it's more then just plausible and if they aren't meant to be linked then why would they have so many things that DO link the series together in it if they are not meant to be linked, Miyu's existence and how it relates to 'that person' (Alyssa) is pretty much proof unless you consider that the Alyssa like character shown in one of Miyu's flashbacks a completely different person from the MH Alyssa which is highly unlikely as the area in the flashback looks more like an earth town then a place in 'earl'
Old 2007-01-01, 22:43   Link #64
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
Personally I think they are linked, it's more then just plausible and if they aren't meant to be linked then why would they have so many things that DO link the series together in it if they are not meant to be linked, Miyu's existence and how it relates to 'that person' (Alyssa) is pretty much proof unless you consider that the Alyssa like character shown in one of Miyu's flashbacks a completely different person from the MH Alyssa which is highly unlikely as the area in the flashback looks more like an earth town then a place in 'earl'
Miyu's flashback to the human Alyssa looked like it was in Windbloom. Nevermind the fact that all of Miyu's scenes you're referring to seem to be making more homage to HiME than connection.

Quote:
Yeah, one that isn't overly drawnout, stupid and over thought, like the ones that say that HiME and Otome are connected. True, maybe My-HiME did happen 600 years before My-Otome, but it's incredibly unlikely, considering we don't have much to base it on. I'm never going to believe, or see how anyone can possibly believe, that HiME and Otome are connected until someone in Otome actually describes what happened in HiME as if it historically happened.
Old 2007-01-02, 03:00   Link #65
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post

You may have a point there, but i think the reason for seeing alot of references from MH could be just because the creators just wanted to recycle them for MO without connecting the two series in mind. Look at Tsubasa chronicle for example, you know it contains characters and things from previous series. From having sakura and syaoran as the main characters but different people, to using items from previous series like in the first book when sakura's brother had a sword that looked like zagato's from magic knight rayearth, or the symbol appering underneith yukito's feet, or when yuko had a staff similar to sakura's in CC.

While MO being only an AU, who's to say sunrise won't turn around and make some kind of prequel to connect the two together. Like you said, they do have alot of stuff. All they need is the right explination.
Old 2007-01-02, 17:54   Link #66
X207
Gamyūsa

well having winning hime create MO universe is possible
Old 2007-01-09, 08:17   Link #67
EdgeKun

Send a message via AIM to EdgeKun
ok.. this is how i see it. i do believe they are connected, mostly because of the previous comments regarding Miyu. as for the "returning cast", it could be easily explained via anime logic. remember all those animes or games where, at the end, all the people are reborn again though they dont remember anything? i sort of think its like that, like the "circle of life" i guess you could say. people die but their essence lives on and is attracted to other people who they shared their life with. its the same basic premise as actual beliefs regarding reincarnation. all of the characters have the same basic demeanors but act a bit differently as though they grew up differently.

Miyu is just too much of a giant loophole if the two ARENT connected.. she makes no sense whatsoever if someone had seen Otome but not HiME.
Old 2007-01-10, 10:24   Link #68
Fukiri
Lazy ass

Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
Well, I'm with Rob. I don't think they are directly connected, Otome just has a lot of references to Hime. Because if they are really connected I need some explanation for the fact that Mikoto is a crystal princess even when it should be Mai since it was her who won the Festival; why Mikoto is the only "genuine materializer" if Mai, Natsuki and the other hime are alive? And even if you say it's some sort of reincarnation then Mikoto shouldn't have the hime mark either; how Fuuka Gakuen is now in a different world and underwater. You also said that some of them act a little different I didn't notice great changes regarding Haruka, Mikoto, Yukino and Mai (though she's a little more clumsy than she used ^_^; ). And yes some there share the same relations they shared like Yukino and Haruka, Midori and Youko, Mai and Mikoto, Natsuki and Shizuru but the relations like Natsuki vs Nao, Shizuru vs Nao don't exist on Otome.
I'm going to continue beleaving that those are only references until Sunrise proves otherwise.
Old 2007-01-10, 21:13   Link #69
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Reincarnation?
Old 2007-01-11, 04:48   Link #70
Kenji_Chaos

Quote:
Miyu's flashback to the human Alyssa looked like it was in Windbloom. Nevermind the fact that all of Miyu's scenes you're referring to seem to be making more homage to HiME than connection.
that wasnt alyssa chan btw...it was one of her decendants......

i personally think they are connected
perhaps its the future like what everyone ere commented...
also i think the harmonium they found in Windbloom its the core of the fuuka land>>kokuuyugu (watever...dont know how to spell)
Old 2008-12-16, 08:20   Link #71
fallenx13xangel
Randomnes.

Randomly putting out my opinion here:

Mai Otome & Mai HiME are connected. After watching Mai Otome for the second time I picked up more references than I had the first. The same with Zwei & the first two episodes of 0~Sifr pretty much convinced me Im correct.

Mai Otome is the same world, but in couple of milleniums time.

Allow me to explain. Everything in existence is subject to change. The only thing that will not change is the certainty of change itself. Thousands of years ago earth used to be all one continent & sea, but then earthquakes and such separated it all. Wars and politics lead to countries changing everything, including their names. Who is to say that the same has not happened in the Mai-HiME/Otome world? What was once Japan is now the cat-god Mikoto's mountain (cant for the life of me remember the name) and Fuuka Academy lies at the bottom of the sea beside it.

Also Arika's mother (gah why cant i remember the name???>.<) was a HiME. The the tradition that was the main plot in HiME may have changed, which is why her mark is different. She is a new generation HiME (probably genetically for her connection with Alyssa) but the HiME sacrifice is no longer used so many HiME go on without ever knowing of their power. Lena (aha thats it!) became an Otome, which is the only reason she ever found out.

Also in OtomeZwei they fight with Childs (Mai vs Katsuchi[sp?] so sad) whos purpose has obviously changed also with no HiME to order them.

As for the same characters as Mai HiME, perhaps they are simply reincarnations? (except Miyu who obviously is never going to age or die)

Ok thats my theory, you may agree or disagree if you wish.
Old 2008-12-16, 21:31   Link #72
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenx13xangel View Post
Randomly putting out my opinion here:

Mai Otome & Mai HiME are connected. After watching Mai Otome for the second time I picked up more references than I had the first. The same with Zwei & the first two episodes of 0~Sifr pretty much convinced me Im correct.

Mai Otome is the same world, but in couple of milleniums time.

Allow me to explain. Everything in existence is subject to change. The only thing that will not change is the certainty of change itself. Thousands of years ago earth used to be all one continent & sea, but then earthquakes and such separated it all. Wars and politics lead to countries changing everything, including their names. Who is to say that the same has not happened in the Mai-HiME/Otome world? What was once Japan is now the cat-god Mikoto's mountain (cant for the life of me remember the name) and Fuuka Academy lies at the bottom of the sea beside it.

Also Arika's mother (gah why cant i remember the name???>.<) was a HiME. The the tradition that was the main plot in HiME may have changed, which is why her mark is different. She is a new generation HiME (probably genetically for her connection with Alyssa) but the HiME sacrifice is no longer used so many HiME go on without ever knowing of their power. Lena (aha thats it!) became an Otome, which is the only reason she ever found out.

Also in OtomeZwei they fight with Childs (Mai vs Katsuchi[sp?] so sad) whos purpose has obviously changed also with no HiME to order them.

As for the same characters as Mai HiME, perhaps they are simply reincarnations? (except Miyu who obviously is never going to age or die)

Ok thats my theory, you may agree or disagree if you wish.
Well there are some things I disagree with in your theory. I don't believe Arika's grandmother is a natural HiME that's a new generation. Remember in Mai-HiME it was the red star that gave the hime their powers and once it was destroyed, they no longer had their powers. Arika's family might just be in possesion of some unknown power they haven't explained yet. I think their are just as many evidences in otome to disprove it being connected to Mai-Hime as their are to prove it. My belief is that the Himes and Childs in otome might be different from HiME. Unless sunrise does something to connect the 2 like some sort of OVA.
Old 2010-07-07, 16:04   Link #73
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Well there are some things I disagree with in your theory. I don't believe Arika's grandmother is a natural HiME that's a new generation. Remember in Mai-HiME it was the red star that gave the hime their powers and once it was destroyed, they no longer had their powers. Arika's family might just be in possesion of some unknown power they haven't explained yet. I think their are just as many evidences in otome to disprove it being connected to Mai-Hime as their are to prove it. My belief is that the Himes and Childs in otome might be different from HiME. Unless sunrise does something to connect the 2 like some sort of OVA.
Eventually I don't want be in thread but I have my say on this though, man it's been two years and it's still kicking. Well time to drop kick this thread back the life.

Since the whole HiME/Otome connection was a real turnout back in 2005-2008 and everybody was interested on how this would go out but apparently no one haven't figure it out or just seems farfetched in the first place.

I think for us anime fans entirely that a lot of originals shows that have sequels entirely is a result of sometimes pressures by fans and even peer decisions by people who expect a great franchise. To me I think it's just the hype can get this franchise sidetracked and really it has been sidetracked since the last episodes of HiME and possible that PR decision played a role heading on making Otome including "The Big Bang Project" that everyone though this would benefit the franchise but apparently failed big time.

Now I don't want to be negative on this but franchise/saga has great potential indeed. HiME EXA's manga is out and sales have been gone good lately and I hope it will be long manga series including the saga for the anime soon. But I think they should start anew story for original HiME saga and make it more awesome than a interesting storyline without the Otome connection.

In my evaluation in understand HiME/Otome connection, in reality it's not happening but since Otome blu-ray picture drama special, it already seen it.

Spoiler for For all those that did not seen Otome blu-ray speical:
Old 2010-07-12, 11:01   Link #74
itzglez
♫♫♪

the picture drama's pretty interesting, haven't seen these girls for ages. blah no ShizNat!
and most likely the storyline would be intertwining the two worlds though I had considered that they are actually two different Universe. but just maybe this blu ray would answer the fans queries.
Old 2010-07-14, 11:48   Link #75
Highman

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post
the picture drama's pretty interesting, haven't seen these girls for ages. blah no ShizNat!
and most likely the storyline would be intertwining the two worlds though I had considered that they are actually two different Universe. but just maybe this blu ray would answer the fans queries.
Well NO, they won't asked questions instead they won't even care about the HiME/Otome connection but that my two cents. I think HiME will go shonen and will continue a path into the future, besides it's AU so sorry I burst your bubble.
Old 2010-07-15, 09:03   Link #76
itzglez
♫♫♪

nah, been used to that since we're in Hime/otome universe. it's just a pain in the ass why they make certain reference to both universe. like that picture drama, that's Nina's necklace from the otome right?
Old 2010-07-16, 12:49   Link #77
Highman

Quote:
nah, been used to that since we're in Hime/otome universe. it's just a pain in the ass why they make certain reference to both universe. like that picture drama, that's Nina's necklace from the otome right?
Well I don't this even know why but I'm thinking that the Black Mountain could be plot device for Mikoto's power or something else. But apparently it's just be reference thought and not connected to it. HiME (original) should stay like it is though they could do alot of good potential stuff back six years ago.

Damn, I miss the goodness of HiME and awesomeness.
Old 2010-07-18, 08:39   Link #78
itzglez
♫♫♪

I was thinking how such a thing could be a plot device, for example was the history of otome based on the manga. I don't even remember when it all started a millenia perhaps. and for that I could only link the anime and their respective mangas to be connected though with different plot lines of course anyone knows that.

yeah I missed it too. I could only gasps when I hear Shizuru's kyoto-ben on this vid:

Spoiler for poor Reitou:

LOL missed it heaps! I dunno why it got a lot of impact with me. I think I haven't heard that accent on someone else's seiyuu.
Old 2010-07-18, 14:49   Link #79
Highman

Quote:
I was thinking how such a thing could be a plot device, for example was the history of otome based on the manga. I don't even remember when it all started a millenia perhaps. and for that I could only link the anime and their respective mangas to be connected though with different plot lines of course anyone knows that.

yeah I missed it too. I could only gasps when I hear Shizuru's kyoto-ben on this vid:

Spoiler for poor Reitou:

LOL missed it heaps! I dunno why it got a lot of impact with me. I think I haven't heard that accent on someone else's seiyuu.

It's Sunrise, they rehash stuff but apparently I kinda though we may have a new original story instead of the Otome references. I don't know why they did Otome in the first place, crap like this doesn't make any sense, "it does not make any sense". Still it's AU, not even connected until the fact that you had alot of good plot holes in the beginning. I've looked more on first series and to me had continuation all over it though when it ended and I wonder Otome was the sequel apparently it wasn't, mediocre overall even the sequel and AU stuff as well. Still it doesn't make any sense!

Also HiME blu-ray was out on January 31st, so you came late to the party.
I frickin love sub in HiME blu-ray, they still have that voice range back when the first series started. I do like the dub for HiME but I wonder they should change for the upcoming saga, but still it does not make any sense.

Speaking of sense, maybe this will clear things up!

Chewbacca defense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhvAs5GsMPw
Old 2010-07-29, 15:46   Link #80
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Watched Mai Hime a long time ago, and finally got around to watching Mai Otome, which I didn't think I'd like, but I really did, heh. May even write a fanfic.

Anyway, to add something to this discussion, if the Harmonium can warp time and space, then it might explain how Fuuka Garden ended up on the planet. Someone in the war of the Twelve Kings (Fumi?) used it to bring Fuuka there, either intentionally or unintentionally.

If I do get around to writing my fanfic, I'll try to answer questions about the way the society evolved on that planet, and how it connects back to Mai Hime. Still got Nanoha fanfics to finish writing first, though, heh.
Closed Thread