AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-04, 08:15   Link #501
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm kinda surprised his sister was actually not that bothered about the idea of him dating her friend. I would've thought it'd be more of an issue. But still this was pretty funny:
Spoiler for this is the look of pure disappointment:

I totally support NitorixAnna btw. =3
I can't believe it actually happened so quickly. Nitori, you legend. XD

More insight into Saorin. I think Saorin really needs to get over Nitori, or atleast be more realistic about relationships (though it's not like she's feeling any different to how we would feel at her age, which just goes to show the change will happen eventually). Anyway:
Spoiler for really inappropriate:

This is just screaming for someone to make a crack about it, and it's taking everything I've got in me not to do it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 08:18   Link #502
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Is it the pose or the quip? It's the quip isn't it?
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 10:02   Link #503
John Smith

Rather than not being bothered by it, Maho is willing to actively play the matchmaker. Given the entire picture it isn't odd but I don't think the anime elaborates on it enough to draw any conclusions besides that her behavior isn't conventional.

I think it's the combination. That's my favourite Chiba scene in the series. It just cracks me up.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 11:46   Link #504
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Spoiler for ep07:
The translation made that scene even funnier than it was in Japanese
Old 2011-03-04, 15:27   Link #505
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Is it the pose or the quip? It's the quip isn't it?
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The translation made that scene even funnier than it was in Japanese
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2011-03-04, 15:43   Link #506
nojay
Scanlator

Little details

The story writers have had to chop a lot of small sub-plots out of the manga storyline to fit what they want into the 22 minutes of each episode but it's fun to spot the visuals they leave in even if they don't make a drama out of them.

Spoiler for Cut for very slight manga spoilers:
Old 2011-03-04, 16:15   Link #507
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Anna's tsurime facial expressions have been great throughout the series, but especially here - her response to Shū was hilarious in its understatement.
I love it when Horie Yui gets the chance to go against type, because while she's the best genki girl in the business she's capable of so much more. Anna is a great vehicle for her.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 16:27   Link #508
garbage

wooh going out with one of the models and with anna my favorite > I approve
laughed at that scene where maho and anna was shouting and mako overheard.
but there were lots of signs before i guess, at least from anna's side like the strap the cellphone pic. etc. At least nitorin realized she's a great gal.

sadly thou it seems it will not last, looks like nitorin and takatsuki still affect each other so much. guess they are destined... which is ok too

horou continues to entertain in its own way, much appreciated.
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 18:28   Link #509
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Another great episode. Surprising developments. Anna is so interesting. I'd like to get a better sense of her personality and feelings -- like, is she going out with him because she thinks he's a cute little brother, or an actual attractive guy? Her blank face and lack of obvious emotion hide a lot -- and also generate an interesting tension.

But for me, Nanri Yuka as Chiba-san stole the show once again. I love the slightly sticky feeling of her voice, and the emotion it expresses or hints at.

I like how economical they are with the way things are told: Chiba-san enters the room where her mother and Takatsuki are having tea, then we cut immediately to the two of them alone in her room.

I also liked how much of the episode was taken up with characters' reactions to Shuu and Anna going out. The budding relationship was great, and the cloud of reactions was great, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 09:48   Link #510
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I thought Yoshino would take Shuu having a gf a bit harder. It seems like she had an "Oh, okay" attitude, like it didn't bother her. Maybe it didn't. Or maybe it hit harder than the surface showed. She did end up telling Saorin that so hastily, but I can't tell whether that was some kind of subtle angst going on or that she just wanted to piss Saorin off. Regardless of what it was, I guess that was one of those 'innocent cruelty' moments that children do, much like when Sarashina was excitingly asking Shuu did he crossdress or not.

I knew Saorin wouldn't take Shuu going out with Anna easily. It feels like they keep giving her the short end of the stick. Can't she catch a break? Can't she get some love? Well, at least Yoshino is trying to make amends for her actions, even though I still don't like her =0<.

Next episode should be very VERY entertaining to see animated >=03.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 13:01   Link #511
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I had a totally different take on Yoshino's reaction - I thought she was devastated. My impression was that she was just doing her best not to show that - both for Shu's sake and because that's just how she is. And I think Shu is perceptive enough to pick up on that.
Old 2011-03-06, 13:33   Link #512
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I had a totally different take on Yoshino's reaction - I thought she was devastated. My impression was that she was just doing her best not to show that - both for Shu's sake and because that's just how she is. And I think Shu is perceptive enough to pick up on that.
It's not like she was dating Shuu before or anything, so I can't see why she would feel that way. It seemed like she was being considerate as in trying to NOT cause a misunderstanding with Anna rather than her feeling devastated.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 13:43   Link #513
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
It's not like she was dating Shuu before or anything, so I can't see why she would feel that way. It seemed like she was being considerate as in trying to NOT cause a misunderstanding with Anna rather than her feeling devastated.
She may not have been dating him, but he was there just in case. He was hers if she changed her mind about his confession, and even if not they were still best friends and confidantes. Sharing him or even worse, losing him to another girl would be a bitter pill. But she's not going to say any of that out loud, because she rejected his confession and she's considerate enough to realize she has no obvious reason to complain.
Old 2011-03-06, 14:41   Link #514
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I thought Yoshino was devastated aswell, but probably because she lost her crossdressing buddy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 22:55   Link #515
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
She did end up telling Saorin that so hastily, but I can't tell whether that was some kind of subtle angst going on or that she just wanted to piss Saorin off. Regardless of what it was, I guess that was one of those 'innocent cruelty' moments that children do [...]
My take on that scene is that Yoshino was feeling cranky because her period had just started - immediately before she tells Saorin you see her throwing what looks like a sanitary napkin in the bin, then grumbling "crap, it's back" to herself. Rather than Yoshino being deliberately cruel, I think Saori ignoring her was just enough to raise her hackles and that she immediately regretted it - that's why she made such an effort to make amends later.
Old 2011-03-10, 14:00   Link #516
nojay
Scanlator

Someone likes their little jokes...

If you didn't spot it, take a good look at the start of episode 8, at the bike shed in the background of the schoolyard. Bunch of clowns, yes?
Old 2011-03-10, 15:48   Link #517
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 8:
Old 2011-03-10, 16:34   Link #518
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Some mixture of devastated and confused. She was certainly doing her best to hide her feelings.
Spoiler for ep8:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 16:44   Link #519
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Spoiler for ep08:

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2011-03-10 at 16:47. Reason: readability
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-10, 22:43   Link #520
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I wish Maho would stop being such a bitch...

Tags
coming of age, drama, genderbender, noitamina, school life, seinen