AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-26, 08:15   Link #101
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
feel good manga indeed ... I just wonder when the next real "conflict" (read: drama) appears. It's been quite a while since we've been in cosy mode. This came to my mind when I thought about whether KnT would get a 3rd season or not - it's not like I miss something like it but without a source of "higher" drama (S1: Kurumi's plots ; S2: THE misunderstanding) the chances for a 3rd season seem slim to me. There can't be a climax without at least some kind of low point. Although I'd love it, a season full of nice and happy content wouldn't work anime wise.
I was thinking of anime like K-On! and Hidamari Sketch which are always cheerful but I don't think you can't compare slice of life and drama like that.

The only thing I can think a third season would have is a focus on Yano and Ayane, it does look like the manga has shifted onto them now with Sawako pretty much sorted. Granted there're the new things Sawako will encounter now being in a relationship I don't think the focus is going to be on her much now.

The only thing I can think that'll happen is if some new transfer student girl or guy joins the cast and wants either Sawako or Kazehaya, they'll spread a bunch of rumours that'll make their relationship bumpy. Or something like that, this manga was built on rumours and misunderstandings at first.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 21:38   Link #102
MikiMata

Ayane has always been my favorite character, but I admit I am a bit disappointed her this chapter. She just started dating a guy she barely knows, and it seems like she really is just using him to boost her ego since everyone else has a boyfriend. Plus,
Spoiler:
I guess her self-esteem is a lot lower than I thought. Maybe she doesn't believe true love is possible for her.
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 13:15   Link #103
Field of Lilies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiMata View Post
Ayane has always been my favorite character, but I admit I am a bit disappointed her this chapter. She just started dating a guy she barely knows, and it seems like she really is just using him to boost her ego since everyone else has a boyfriend. Plus,
Spoiler:
I guess her self-esteem is a lot lower than I thought. Maybe she doesn't believe true love is possible for her.
Though I'm certainly not dismissing the possibility of Yano's dating behaviour stemming from self-esteem issues, I don't think others having boyfriends has much to do with it. I'm more under the impression that she, for whatever reason (perhaps self-esteem, or past experience), just dates very casually. So when the opportunity presented itself, she thought "Sure, why not?". The prospect of being stuck with Joe might have influenced her decision, but I think that's about it. It makes me wonder if Yano has ever really liked or dated someone she liked before

If anything, seeing Sawako happy from dating the person she likes is making her question her own reasons for dating Motoki (and probably dating in general). We saw the start of that in 55, and hearing that even Pin has truly liked someone is baffling to her.
Field of Lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 03:16   Link #104
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

so #57 scanlated:

Yano finally makes a stop, even needs Miura's advice to finally come to that conclusion...

Also, I have the (kinda obvious) feeling that someone is going to interrupt Sawako and Kazehaya next time - sry guys but if you try to kiss before the end of a chapter, that means it's going to get screwed up somehow .... but it's certainly nice that they are already steering in that direction, so interrupted or not it shouldn't take that much longer until they finally kiss.
I just wonder who will be the one to interrupt, since it's an open hallway both Chizu and/or Yano could come crashing in in a bad mood which would make Sawako want to comfort her/them. That or a wild Joe appears. His annoyance is super-effective.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 11:25   Link #105
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Last couple pages of #57 were... pretty hot...

More interesting developments with Chizu. Wasn't expecting THAT reaction to confession girl. I'd guess that rather than being jealous, she was more irritated that Ryu had liked someone all this time and never told her about it. IE: They're supposed to be such close friends, and he still has secrets like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field of Lilies View Post
If anything, seeing Sawako happy from dating the person she likes is making her question her own reasons for dating Motoki (and probably dating in general). We saw the start of that in 55, and hearing that even Pin has truly liked someone is baffling to her.
Ahh... I was wondering what that was all about with Pin!
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 12:40   Link #106
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
More interesting developments with Chizu. Wasn't expecting THAT reaction to confession girl. I'd guess that rather than being jealous, she was more irritated that Ryu had liked someone all this time and never told her about it. IE: They're supposed to be such close friends, and he still has secrets like this.
There's no way this trip is going to end with Chizu finding out who Ru likes. The build up has been huge, so the end result should be even bigger.

Our speculation that Ayane was just using this guy seems about right, though for now i'll wait and see what happens in the next chapter.

Sawako in this chapter was so :3. What do you guys think the chances are that the last page was in fact a kiss?
Old 2011-04-28, 01:56   Link #107
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

God!! chapter 57 was so exciting,So much stuff went down in this chapter.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 03:32   Link #108
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's no way this trip is going to end with Chizu finding out who Ru likes. The build up has been huge, so the end result should be even bigger.

Our speculation that Ayane was just using this guy seems about right, though for now i'll wait and see what happens in the next chapter.

Sawako in this chapter was so :3. What do you guys think the chances are that the last page was in fact a kiss?
Funny thing about Chizu is that I had the impression that she knew all along that Ryu liked her, hence her reaction to his awkward confession, but that she wasn't ready yet to give him the go - I guess I was wrong.
Old 2011-05-18, 12:46   Link #109
OMchan
オムちゃん

Spoiler for Chapter 58:

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 16:35   Link #110
The Sandman

Spoiler for Chapter 58:
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-23, 03:07   Link #111
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh man, for once i didn't think such a scene would end that way.
Old 2011-05-27, 12:48   Link #112
yura`

Wow. That chapter was just. Wow.

Spoiler for Chapter 58:
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 16:23   Link #113
GreatTeacherKen

Spoiler for chapter 58:
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-19, 06:42   Link #114
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

resurrect ...

I took a peek at #59 raws ... let's see about my "interpretation"

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-06-25, 19:49   Link #115
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Some of the Ryu-Chizu scene which I understood from the Chinese release...

Spoiler for chapter 59:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-06-26 at 19:59.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 15:51   Link #116
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 59:
Old 2011-07-11, 08:24   Link #117
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
WOW been forever since iv been in here.

Crazy development in chap 59 with everyone except the main lovey dovey couple which is fine by me, since we need to start moving this show along with everyone else as well. Finally Ryu confesses and Chizu says what I expected her to say. However, she honestly does not realize her own feelings as of yet. I believe she is still caught in the past with Ryu brother. However, as time passes she will start to think about the Ryu, his confession and what exactly he means to her. It will only be a matter of time before she realizes that she actually cares for him more than a friend.

My favorite character Ayane has some real emotional development and i loved it. Im glad she broke it off with the random guy. We all know she was just feeling down and very unsure of herself. We all go through these periods and its pretty obvious that Ayane has been depressed for quite sometime. Im glad Kent came along and that hug spanning 3 pages was perfect. Kent is a guy who understands people and thats who Ayane needs right now. Maybe not in a b/f at first but a person who can reach out to her and be empathetic to her insecurities. I happen to think they make a very nice couple and i do hope that the manga continues to develop the secondary characters.
Old 2011-07-11, 10:17   Link #118
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

My girlfriend read this, she Told me...She liked more Ryu, then Kazehaya.....
Old 2011-07-11, 13:03   Link #119
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This chapter had so much OH MY GOD IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING material. My fangirl heart can't take it!
Old 2011-07-11, 13:48   Link #120
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This chapter had so much OH MY GOD IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING material. My fangirl heart can't take it!
why is it your the only person who can go omg fangirl mode and i dont even bat an eye lol.

Tags
manga, shoujo, romance