AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-09-13, 03:51   Link #461
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

I think it looks more like an ED, thought it's still too...ummm..."dark?" for (my impression of) the series. Of course, they stated clearly that this is promotional OP so commenting on that is kinda useless.

I like it though. Prefer ZAQ's vocal in this one over the last PV. My only grip is that this might make some people have the wrong impression of the show again. The last PV did a great job of filtering those out. Speaking of that one, Rikka voice at the end has a hint of Nakahara Mai to my ears for some reasons.
Hyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 03:55   Link #462
webkid94
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Just imagine a series where half the cast are Okabe Rintarou, Hasegawa Kobato and the Highschool Boys when they are adventuring.
Alright, I was already planning on watching this because of Rikka's seiyuu + Kyoto Animation, BUT if the show is just like those three traits...oh god KyoAni! YES!
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 04:27   Link #463
rulfo

Whoah whoah whoah. What... That's beautiful and all but...

This somehow doesn't fit as an OP(the song that is).
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 06:13   Link #464
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
The ED title has been leaked. It is INSIDE IDENTITY by Black Raison d’etre (Rikka Takanashi, Shinka Nibuntani, Kumin Tsururi, and Sanae Dekomori). The single will be available on 2012/11/21.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-09-13 at 06:28.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 06:39   Link #465
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
The ED title has been leaked. It is INSIDE IDENTITY by Black Raison d’etre (Rikka Takanashi, Shinka Nibuntani, Kumin Tsururi, and Sanae Dekomori). The single will be available on 2012/11/21.
Ok now I'm even more confused...

I was expecting they were playing with us and making this song to be an ED. NVM then... Let's see how this plays.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 07:07   Link #466
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Also, a reminder. The OP single comes in two formats: a CD-only regular edition, and a CD+DVD Limited Edition. Today's "promotional OP" could be used as both a promotional video for the single and included on the DVD as an extra. That could explain the phrasing.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 12:57   Link #467
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I can't help thinking of "Another" every time I see that damn eyepatch...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 13:12   Link #468
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I can't help thinking of "Another" every time I see that damn eyepatch...
Heaps of girls have worn that eyepatch already mate .
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:18   Link #469
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I know, but these two look like sisters anyway.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:36   Link #470
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Nope, unhappy people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
If so, it's their own damn fault.
Why?

PVs (or trailers) should be designed to reach the widest audience possible. That's the whole point of a PV - To reach potential audiences for a show, and sell as many people as possible on your show. If PVs are only reaching people who carefully read through the seasonal preview charts then the PVs are not really doing their job, imo.

Put another way, if a PV is only truly understandable if the viewer already knows the background info on a show then that's a weakness within the PV itself and you shouldn't blame audiences for getting the wrong idea from it. When I watch a movie trailer I expect it to give me a good idea of what the movie is really about, and that's a perfectly reasonable expectation. Many people hold the same reasonable expectation when it comes to anime PVs.

This is why I had misgivings about the more action-y PV - To its credit, it did apparently reach audiences beyond those that read through the seasonal preview charts. That's a good thing. What's not a good thing, though, is giving those people a false impression about the show. Quite understandably, many people who watched the first PV thought that this show would be more like Shana or Raildex - i.e. have lots of flashy, superpowered action in it. Not everybody who's into shows like Shana and Raildex are also into generic romcoms, so it shouldn't surprise anybody that some people were left disappointed by this 2nd PV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergal View Post
People shouldn't be so fast to judge works by their premise, that is always the least important thing there is.
I disagree.

If you look at the most popular and well-received anime shows of recent years - Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online - They tend to have great premises.

Premises are underrated in the modern anime fandom, if anything.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-09-13 at 14:49.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 14:54   Link #471
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If you look at the most popular and well-received anime shows of recent years - Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online - They tend to have great premises.

I'm a bit baffled here,are we using the term premise the same way?Because to me on the contrary the premises,especially for Madoka,don't show you the full picture.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:09   Link #472
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm a bit baffled here,are we using the term premise the same way?Because to me on the contrary the premises,especially for Madoka,don't show you the full picture.
What I mean by "premise" is the basic idea behind a show.

Madoka's premise (even if it was shrouded at first) is deconstructing magical girl anime. It's a dark magical girl show, designed for the modern era.

Sword Art Online is about a bunch of people thrown into a virtual reality MMO death-trap. The focus is on one hero (and to a lesser extent, one heroine) attempting to adjust to life in that VR world while also trying to escape from it.

Fate/Zero is about a super-powered Holy Grail war involving several elite and multifaceted magic-wielders which helps to set up the events of Fate/Stay Night. It also has a dark and serious tone.

Steins;Gate... Ok, I'll admit it's hard to sum up Steins;Gate with a line or two. But even so, it clearly involves sci-fi in an interesting way, and that was part of its premise.

Just from these premises alone, the potential for greatness is apparent.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:10   Link #473
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

If people don't have the intelligence to do some independent research, their disappointment is their own fault.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:20   Link #474
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Why?

I think the problem would only be for those that don't know Japanese. The premises is in the title: Chūni-byō Demo Koi ga Shitai! (I Have Adolescent Delusions, But I Want to Love!).

If the viewer understands the language, they would have little to no problem understanding what the action parts were verse the normal life parts.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:23   Link #475
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If people don't have the intelligence to do some independent research, their disappointment is their own fault.
It's not an issue of intelligence, it's an issue of time.

Not everybody has the time to go researching every little thing they run across on the internet (or on TV or in the theaters) that might spark some interest for them.

We live in a very content-rich, advertisement-heavy society. It's the job of the content-makers to get across what their property is about as clearly as possible when they put out an advertisement, or PV, or trailer, etc... It's not the viewers' fault if they get the wrong idea from a misleading advertisement or PV or trailer.
Old 2012-09-13, 15:27   Link #476
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
It's not an issue of intelligence, it's an issue of time.
The few seconds it will take you to Google the name of the series are not an especial amount of time.
Quote:
It's not the viewers' fault if they get the wrong idea from a misleading advertisement or PV or trailer.
As said above, Westerners are NOT the intended viewing audience. The Japanese, who are, are well aware of what "chuunibyou" means.
It really does not help the case of people complaining about the misleading PVs that they have responded with OH IT'S JUST KYOANI MAKING MORE MOE ANIME AGAIN PREEMPTIVELY DROPPED, for that matter.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:36   Link #477
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The few seconds it will take you to Google the name of the series are not an especial amount of time.
Plenty of anime shows have misleading names, or names that only tell you a little bit about a show. "A Certain Magical Index" and "Shana of the Burning Eyes" don't necessarily indicate a flashy action show either.

Also, you don't see the irony in saying "Don't trust that lengthy 1st PV! Trust the name of the show instead!"

It's perfectly understandable for some viewers to get the wrong impression from the 1st PV. And given that wrong impression, it's also perfectly understandable why some people would be disappointed after watching the 2nd PV. This is not something that those viewers should be attacked or blamed for, imo.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:05   Link #478
Goggen

Quote:
Why?
Because, as others have pointed out, the premise is right there in the title. What more could one possibly demand?

Quote:
Plenty of anime shows have misleading names, or names that only tell you a little bit about a show. "A Certain Magical Index" and "Shana of the Burning Eyes" don't necessarily indicate a flashy action show either.

Also, you don't see the irony in saying "Don't trust that lengthy 1st PV! Trust the name of the show instead!"
Honestly, the title when combined with the imagery of the first PV paints a pretty good picture of the premise IMO.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:12   Link #479
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Because, as others have pointed out, the premise is right there in the title. What more could one possibly demand?
Is "My Little Sister Can't Possibly Be This Cute!" all about incest?

Quote:
Honestly, the title when combined with the imagery of the first PV paints a pretty good picture of the premise IMO.
That's just your opinion. Other people can quite reasonably come to a different opinion, so it's not "their own damn fault" for getting the wrong impression from the first PV for this anime.

It should not be hard to sympathize with how people would put more weight on the lengthy PV than on the mere name of the show, and hence come away from the first PV with the impression it'll be like Shana or Raildex.
Old 2012-09-13, 16:19   Link #480
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You are reaching. When the PV matches the title in both cases.

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen