AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-05-02, 16:08   Link #301
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
hahah just a tought: itachi and sasuke fight while itachi fights in sasukes mind with oro...oro passes to itachis mind and take over..tadaaaa oro is back in itachis body
I'm a major Oro fan but seriously...the guy got his ass kicked. There's no way he's going to possess Itachi after being beaten by him.

I think the most obvious direction Kishimoto took with the series was to first hype sharingan with Kakashi as a prelude to the introduction of a major Sharingan villain (Itachi) and the ultimate fate for the character of Sasuke (confronting his evil older brother).

Oro was really just there as a Kage level character who wanted Sharingan and helped strengthen Sasuke. His purpose in the series for now is done. The current arc of the story is not about the character of Orochimaru it is about Sasuke.

I think Kishi left the possibility open for Orochimaru to return but for now Sasuke is running the show and I don't see Orochimaru ever fulfilling his ambitions of gaining Sharingan. And if he ever does it will be through SASUKE not Itachi.
Old 2007-05-02, 16:15   Link #302
tatami
back in black

but this time he is also fighting with sasuke too...thats a good thing

maybe sasuke let orochi take over in the middle of the fight and then again surpress him
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 16:17   Link #303
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
I think the most obvious direction Kishimoto took with the series was to first hype sharingan with Kakashi as a prelude to the introduction of a major Sharingan villain (Itachi) and the ultimate fate for the character of Sasuke (confronting his evil older brother).

Oro was really just there as a Kage level character who wanted Sharingan and helped strengthen Sasuke. His purpose in the series for now is done. The current arc of the story is not about the character of Orochimaru it is about Sasuke.

I think Kishi left the possibility open for Orochimaru to return but for now Sasuke is running the show and I don't see Orochimaru ever fulfilling his ambitions of gaining Sharingan. And if he ever does it will be through SASUKE not Itachi.
But there is still the point that Itachi can run out of chakra, go out of MS, then Orochimaru gets his body.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 16:19   Link #304
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

... You saw the thing on the side when the fight scene finished.. murderous intent suppressed only by more murderous intent or something like that.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 16:42   Link #305
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
but this time he is also fighting with sasuke too...thats a good thing

maybe sasuke let orochi take over in the middle of the fight and then again surpress him
Sasuke would never do that!! Orochimaru is not an Uchiha! ..besides Orochimaru would get his ass kicked in a few seconds by Itachi anyways.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 17:21   Link #306
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
Sasuke would never do that!! Orochimaru is not an Uchiha! ..besides Orochimaru would get his ass kicked in a few seconds by Itachi anyways.
I wouldn't have thought the "lone" avenger would form a team to help him with the Itachi situation either, but here we are with Team Hebi.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 17:23   Link #307
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu410 View Post
But there is still the point that Itachi can run out of chakra, go out of MS, then Orochimaru gets his body.
Why would Orochimaru bother with Itachi if Sasuke could wear him out like that?

The point of pursing Sasuke in the first place was to possess a body with the potential to surpass Itachi. Itachi was no longer the goal after Oro defeated him, plus the "eyes" are what Orochimaru was always after, not just Itachi.

Unfortunately for him the container he was grooming had ambitions beyond his and turned on him. His best shot was to take Sasuke's body in the dimension and personally I always thought he was going to do it, but Kishimoto went a different route and had Sasuke overpower him. Maybe somewhere down the line Kabuto will find a way to free Oro and they will pursure a new goal but for now I think we've seen the last of his role in this current arc.

I am not ruling out a surprising twist in which Oro takes over Sasuke in the middle of Sasuke's battle with Itachi (like maybe Sasuke gets KO'd and Oro takes over?) but I seriously doubt it at this point.
Old 2007-05-02, 17:25   Link #308
Kyu410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
I wouldn't have thought the "lone" avenger would form a team to help him with the Itachi situation either, but here we are with Team Hebi.
Sasuke's team may be for the back up to take out Kisame. Besides he said Team Hebi's main goal is to kill Itachi. But remember this is phase 1 of "the plan."

And I also believe Kabuto might find some way to free Orochimaru. Its either that or what you said about Sasuke getting KOed and its Orochimaru may be true.
Old 2007-05-02, 17:53   Link #309
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Sasuke's team may be for the back up to take out Kisame. Besides he said Team Hebi's main goal is to kill Itachi. But remember this is phase 1 of "the plan."
See well Oro may be back up for when Sasuke gets pummeled by Itachi . But no seriously I wouldn't see Kisame interfering in the fight between those two anyways; the only reason would be because the AL orders Kisame too. Other than that Itachi would prohibit Kisame from doing anything.
Old 2007-05-02, 18:06   Link #310
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Why would Orochimaru bother with Itachi if Sasuke could wear him out like that?

The point of pursing Sasuke in the first place was to possess a body with the potential to surpass Itachi. Itachi was no longer the goal after Oro defeated him, plus the "eyes" are what Orochimaru was always after, not just Itachi.

Unfortunately for him the container he was grooming had ambitions beyond his and turned on him. His best shot was to take Sasuke's body in the dimension and personally I always thought he was going to do it, but Kishimoto went a different route and had Sasuke overpower him. Maybe somewhere down the line Kabuto will find a way to free Oro and they will pursure a new goal but for now I think we've seen the last of his role in this current arc.

I am not ruling out a surprising twist in which Oro takes over Sasuke in the middle of Sasuke's battle with Itachi (like maybe Sasuke gets KO'd and Oro takes over?) but I seriously doubt it at this point.
Not just Oro's soul, but the souls of the people Oro previously devoured now are dormant within Sasuke. That doesn't sit right somehow, with Sasuke carrying around all these souls inside his body. I'm thinking maybe Oro will take over Sasuke's body for awhile, but then Sasuke will find a way to regain control and also "exorcize" Oro for good, also freeing the other souls within his body.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 18:11   Link #311
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
It's not a surprise ending if you already predicted it.
Old 2007-05-02, 18:11   Link #312
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Not just Oro's soul, but the souls of the people Oro previously devoured now are dormant within Sasuke. That doesn't sit right somehow, with Sasuke carrying around all these souls inside his body. I'm thinking maybe Oro will take over Sasuke's body for awhile, but then Sasuke will find a way to regain control and also "exorcize" Oro for good, also freeing the other souls within his body.
Yeah, I hope to see Genyumaru again. Although his former body is pretty much done for, which kinda sucks..
Old 2007-05-02, 18:50   Link #313
aedai
*3*

Send a message via AIM to aedai Send a message via MSN to aedai Send a message via Yahoo to aedai
just to let you know guys..that theres no naruto this week...
no 353...*dies*
..this has just ruined my week!
aedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 19:36   Link #314
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I don't see why Sasuke can't have just as much control over those souls as Oro did.

He is in possession of his own body so he has no fear of his body rejecting his soul. If anything it's possible that those souls have made him stronger.

As much as I like the character of Oro he has really lost his place in the series. But I won't say for sure that he is gone for good because it was stressed that he is not really "dead" and that gives hope for his revival.

What I am really looking forward to seeing is what Sasuke is truly capable of when pitted against Itachi. Some snake jutsu combined with Uchia abilities would look great in battle. Doesn't he seem very calm and collected? With Itachi on the scene he was very unstable but now he seems like he is at peace with himself and his mind focused on his objective.
Old 2007-05-02, 20:39   Link #315
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:

And I also believe Kabuto might find some way to free Orochimaru. Its either that or what you said about Sasuke getting KOed and its Orochimaru may be true.
But why would Oro fool them?
Old 2007-05-02, 23:18   Link #316
Kyu410

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
But why would Oro fool them?
Orochimaru fools anyone that can help him in his own goals.

He may be trying to make it so he has more allies than enemies while using Sasuke's body. But I doubt it even if Orochimaru is a genius.
Old 2007-05-03, 01:05   Link #317
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

So there were only 4 ppl willing to stay with Oro eh?
Old 2007-05-03, 04:40   Link #318
Ichimaru

this what i think sasuke/oro character is going to be like

Spoiler:
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 06:18   Link #319
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Sasuke's own Kyuubi?

so he'll have the Sharingod,CS1 and 2 and Orochimaru....what next, MS?
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-03, 09:28   Link #320
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
So MS >( SharinGod + CS1 + 2 + Orochimaru ) ?
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote