Finally finished the 1/144 Virsago.
thats from X, itsnt it? very nice job, looks amazing^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 17:57   Link #21542
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
thats from X, itsnt it? very nice job, looks amazing^^
yes it is, but when i first saw it, it keep on remind me of Epyon and Master Gundam
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 18:08   Link #21543
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
yes it is, but when i first saw it, it keep on remind me of Epyon and Master Gundam
ive never watched X though :P but you are right, it does look very similar to those 2 suits^^
Old 2011-08-11, 18:14   Link #21544
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
ive never watched X though :P
X was woefully underrated. It was a good show, but aired on the wrong time

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 20:53   Link #21545
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
X was woefully underrated. It was a good show, but aired on the wrong time

- Tak
i don't remember when was it air. i did have the DVD box set, but never have the time to actually finish yet, one of these day i will have to finish it.

by the way, i finally slap some picture of both MG Epyon and my so call custom paint job's HG Epyon. here they are
http://www.figure.fm/post/en/30518/n...+HG+Epyon.html
Old 2011-08-12, 01:54   Link #21546
Appel

woo my delta plus is at the local fedex facility^^ cant wait to build it!
Old 2011-08-12, 02:01   Link #21547
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Do you have to buy it? Well, I'm still waiting for MG 1/100 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G, HGFC Master Gundam, and HGFC Shining Gundam
Old 2011-08-12, 03:17   Link #21548
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Do you have to buy it? Well, I'm still waiting for MG 1/100 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G, HGFC Master Gundam, and HGFC Shining Gundam
i ordered it from HLJ :P fedex just delivered it to me^^

i just finished lining and top coating all the parts. and they look amazing! :O this kit will look so awesome^^
i simply top coated all armor pieces and painted the rifle with tamiya gun metal.

this kit really doesnt come with a lot of parts though!
Old 2011-08-12, 07:45   Link #21549
skyboy928

Quote:
i simply top coated all armor pieces and painted the rifle with tamiya gun metal.

this kit really doesnt come with a lot of parts though!
i was thinking to get that Gun Metal paint as well, i keep on wonder how good will that be.

so this kit doesn't have much part? i was under the impression that it will have as much part as Zeta 2.0.
Old 2011-08-12, 09:15   Link #21550
Appel

Quote:
i was thinking to get that Gun Metal paint as well, i keep on wonder how good will that be.

so this kit doesn't have much part? i was under the impression that it will have as much part as Zeta 2.0.
gunmetal is awesome! it really makes the weapons pop, its way better than bandais generic grey for weapons^^

i also just finished the kit.
gotta give bandai credit, they really managed to make that kit feel really old XP it looks good though!

the kit feels REALLY lose though, especially in the legs. the legs have those old hip joints which are just a balljoint in a polycap. because of that you cant bend them very high up and they are very lose.
the feet also suck. they are pretty long but only the the front, the heels are almost directly under the ankles. because of that the center of gravity of the whole kit seems to be behind the feet so its very backheavy and tends to fall backwards, even though it doesnt have a real backpack but only 2 sets of wings on its back...

i will probably buy an action base for this guy afterall. because of the loose joints im afraid that he might be a good candidate for my very first shelf jumper! XD
Old 2011-08-12, 09:29   Link #21551
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
joint loose is a common issue for transforming mg kit (zeta 2.0 also have this issue), is either MS mode or stick to MA mode
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 09:33   Link #21552
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
joint loose is a common issue for transforming mg kit (zeta 2.0 also have this issue), is either MS mode or stick to MA mode
doesnt surprise me that the zeta 2.0 is loose, too. the delta plus seems to be based on it :P it came with the zeta 2.0s polycap runner for example^^

edit: also i thought the legs and the rifle looked a little bland so i added some color with my metallic markers :P

i used edding silver, copper and gold markers, chrome and tamiya clear red spray paint and a gloss top coat for that.

Last edited by Appel; 2011-08-12 at 10:36.
Old 2011-08-12, 10:41   Link #21553
Lime soda

About the MG's Delta Plus blue parts, are they kinda just normal blue (Like navy blue) or a really dark kinda of blue? I've been looking at different pictures but I couldn't never really say for sure.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-12, 11:04   Link #21554
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
About the MG's Delta Plus blue parts, are they kinda just normal blue (Like navy blue) or a really dark kinda of blue? I've been looking at different pictures but I couldn't never really say for sure.
according to the translation of the HG colorguide (which has the same blue as the MG) its a mix of 60% indy blue, 35% red and 5% grey. i hope thats in-depth enough for ya ;D
the colors looks like a dark flat navy blue, thats how i would describe it :P

edit:
for those who are interested, here is the review of the delta plus on gaijin-gunpla: http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/mg-delta-plus-review-55-7/

everything he said happened to me, too :P especially that issue with the rifle: it was able to hold it ONCE and now that i tried it again its like the peg in the hand isnt even there.
Old 2011-08-12, 11:57   Link #21555
skyboy928

Quote:
according to the translation of the HG colorguide (which has the same blue as the MG) its a mix of 60% indy blue, 35% red and 5% grey. i hope thats in-depth enough for ya ;D

edit:
for those who are interested, here is the review of the delta plus on gaijin-gunpla: http://www.gaijin-gunpla.com/mg-delta-plus-review-55-7/

everything he said happened to me, too :P especially that issue with the rifle: it was able to hold it ONCE and now that i tried it again its like the peg in the hand isnt even there.
i hate when that happen..... i guess i could wait a bit to get this kit. it was one of those on my list, now i guess will get it only if i have the extra money.
Old 2011-08-12, 12:10   Link #21556
Appel

Quote:
i hate when that happen..... i guess i could wait a bit to get this kit. it was one of those on my list, now i guess will get it only if i have the extra money.
yeah... the design is great but the articulation sucks pretty badly. if i had known that i wouldnt have bought this kit right away. but i didnt want it to be out of stock for months again, too so i got it right away without waiting for reviews.
but im glad that i didnt read syd's review before builing it! then i would have been disappointed before i would have even started building it XD
but syd is right, a 4000yen model should not have such severe problems like not being able to stand properly :P
Old 2011-08-12, 13:14   Link #21557
skyboy928

Quote:
yeah... the design is great but the articulation sucks pretty badly. if i had known that i wouldnt have bought this kit right away. but i didnt want it to be out of stock for months again, too so i got it right away without waiting for reviews.
but im glad that i didnt read syd's review before builing it! then i would have been disappointed before i would have even started building it XD
but syd is right, a 4000yen model should not have such severe problems like not being able to stand properly :P
yeah, for that price i would whether get myself another one of following:

http://www.gundamplanet.com/gundam/m...a-plus-c1.html
or this
http://www.gundamplanet.com/gundam/m...a-plus-a1.html

both are pretty much the same as Delta Plus, since they are all base on Zeta to start with, but i did have those 2 already, and i could tell you this, they are pretty sturdy, definitely could stand on it own
Old 2011-08-12, 13:19   Link #21558
Butagami

Quote:

edit:

Haha, I read Gaigun's review before your post, and groaned for you when you were all enthousiastic about it. Bummer.
Old 2011-08-12, 13:27   Link #21559
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Haha, I read Gaigun's review before your post, and groaned for you when you were all enthousiastic about it. Bummer.
i just love the sleek design and the simple colors XD thats why i really hoped this would be a great kit.
all in all id still say its a good kit though! the only thing that sucks are the feet. everything else is great! but bad feet still means that the model cant stand on its own and without a base that can be a dealbreaker :P
the most awesome thing about this kit is probably the head though. it look simply AWESOME! you actually put a clear piece over the eye sticker that has the shape of the eye carved into it which creates a REALLY cool effect^^ id love to show you a photo of that but my camera sucks too hard :P
Old 2011-08-12, 13:54   Link #21560
Lime soda

This is probably the only kit I was looking forward to this year, so I'll probably try to get one. I'm okay with the choice of colors they went with in this kit but I was hoping for something more like the cool dark grey/dark midnight blue they had with the prototype one in that hobby show. That color choice actually matched the one I saw from that magazine scan of the Delta Plus.

I'm disappointed they didn't include more weapons. A unique mobile suit should have a unique weapon too. There was that huge rifle it had with the scope shown in that magazine page. Maybe they'll include it as a bonus in a hobby japan release.
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy