AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 28 45.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.61%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-20, 02:19   Link #21
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
This truly is the anime that's saving anime.
Yet it has excessive scenes of scantily clad women, which is a large selling point for most anime today.

This show is good, but that's a very large overstatement.
Old 2013-12-20, 02:36   Link #22
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
First half of the season was fun and unique. However, this show was over-hyped. Hopefully the second half remains just as fun and entertaining.
There was a Trigger interview where they said the first half of the season was just them having fun to setup for the 2nd half, which is supposed to be where they focused all their effort. So hopefully it'll just keep getting better.
Old 2013-12-20, 04:17   Link #23
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Yet it has excessive scenes of scantily clad women, which is a large selling point for most anime today.

This show is good, but that's a very large overstatement.
agree. It is one of the best anime of the year but saving anime? I guess people understimate other animes too much
Old 2013-12-20, 07:45   Link #24
Anime Online

Mako is awesome. She must have broken all swimming records in that part when Satsuki and Berserk Ryuko were about to clash.

One of the things I can't seem to get over is how ridiculous the shoulder pads are for both Ryuko and Satsuki's kamui. It's like someone took their love for shoulder pads to a whole new level.

The last part confirms what people have long suspected: that there will eventually be a Satsuki-Ryuko tag team. By not telling Ryuko where Nui went off to, Satsuki ensures Ryuko's not going anywhere. Furthermore, there's really no reason why Satsuki decides to reveal everything to her, unless she wants to get Ryuko on her side.

Last edited by Anime Online; 2013-12-20 at 07:56.
Old 2013-12-20, 09:43   Link #25
Gravitas Free Zone

I'd originally deleted my post that brought up this bit of speculation, but since it still seems to have legs out there... might Nui be possessed by/made of Life Fibers? The impetus for this thought being references in her name and how she seems to hack up cotton-ballish things when she's injured in the flashback.

On the other hand, she bleeds normal blood when her eye gets stabbed out.
Old 2013-12-20, 10:02   Link #26
Lime soda

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
The motto of this show could probably be summed up as "F*** cute". There's only three characters on the show that could be considered "cute", and they've all got problems.

Nui is the most stereotypically cute, but is also psychotically randomly psychotic to the degree that even the most unstable, self-hating, yandere otaku would avoid her. (By "yandere otaku" I mean "otaku of yandere", not "otaku who is yandere", though I guess there could be some overlap) Did I mention she's psychotic?

Nonon is also somewhat cute, but frankly annoyingly so. She's also in the wrong setting for her character type. Deredere for a character who will can never reciprocate her feelings, and tsuntsun for everyone else is a dangerous path at Honnouji. She'll be as broken as Nui by the time this is all over.

Then we have Mako. She ends up being really the only cute character in the show, and she truly is cute (not to mention god-level awesome), but she's basically just a background character up-jumped to comic relief, to the point that everyone seems convinced that she's going to be killed to advance the plot in any given week. She's cute, but she's also a running joke.

And I say thank our new insect overlords for it. Too much of anime has been deadened and dulled by carbon copy cookie cutter anime where the girls—hell, all the characters, for that matter—fit cleanly into meticulously prescribed molds, and TRIGGER just says "F*** that, we're gonna have some fun." This truly is the anime that's saving anime.
I don't know what they have in mind with Nui and how she fits into making cute characters in anime but what irks me is that I don't find her entertaining. I don't think she's interesting to watch and I feel she doesn't have any kind of fun quirkiness to her that the other antagonists have. It worries me even more since she's so important to Ryuuko's motivation in the show. If Nui continues to get more screentime it'll really dampen my enjoyment of the show. But I might be the only oddball who dislikes her since I don't see anyone else having a problem.

As for Nonon I thought she was just a really loyal friend/underling. My biggest issue was just her voice. It sounded very unnatural and a little overdone. Just having that voice mix in with a arrogant attitude was a little grating.
Old 2013-12-20, 10:23   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ryuko's berserk form was monstrous on many levels. Mako was able to bring her back thanks to the power of friendship, or was it the power of yuri? That's what my goggles tell me. Anyway, Mako is awesome. They really need to give her a uniform.

Nui is a monster as well in a sense for being able to keep up with Ryuko without even wearing a kamui (at least as far as we know). It turns out she wasn't lying about being the one who killed Isshin. Satsuki claims she was the one who ordered her to do that but I'm not convinced it's the truth. It seems like she came up with this so that Ryuko would stay at Honnouji and keep opposing her. She clearly has plans for Ryuko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
umh.... i wonder if satsuki in realty was in contact with Ryuuko's father as accomplices and we saw her cause she was tryng to stop Harime Nui from killink isshin. And we still don't know why one eye of senketsu is closed, is it a restraint system or a battle injury?or just pirate fashion?
Isshin was wearing an eyepatch on the same eye. Maybe he simply modeled Senketsu after himself.
Old 2013-12-20, 10:35   Link #28
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I'd originally deleted my post that brought up this bit of speculation, but since it still seems to have legs out there... might Nui be possessed by/made of Life Fibers? The impetus for this thought being references in her name and how she seems to hack up cotton-ballish things when she's injured in the flashback.
Lolwut?

You ever seen a person foam at the mouth? Pretty sure that's what it was.
Old 2013-12-20, 10:58   Link #29
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Lolwut?

You ever seen a person foam at the mouth? Pretty sure that's what it was.
At first, I thought it was foam as well, but upon slow-motioning that part, those "foam" seems too fluffy and they actually float in the air. So I am kinda inclined to agree they do seem like cotton-balls.
Old 2013-12-20, 11:00   Link #30
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Spoiler for NSFW:

Not too fond of Mako saving the day with her cartoonish antics. I would have preferred something more serious. I'm also disappointed Aikuro actually never did anything, on the other hand Tsugumu was boss. They set up Nui as this cute but incredibly strong girl that her eventual downfall will be glorious. I patiently await that day... or try too. Man two weeks break, huh?
Old 2013-12-20, 11:03   Link #31
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Holy shit this episode was amazing. Talk about pulling out all the stops. It's going to make the next two weeks agonizing. ><

Besides the back story finally getting some explanation (although still leaving us in the dark a bit), what's most interesting to me this episode is:

1. The demonstration of what happens when the life fibers go out of control. This puts an earlier flashback in a new light, and emphasizes why Nudist Beach is concerned. It also makes me wonder about the completed Goku uniforms, considering that Sanketsu didn't go out of control willingly.

2. Nui is cold to the touch? That's an interesting description. I wonder if that's actually a power from her half of the scissors. While scissors are destructive, they are also a tool of creation. So perhaps her half can only "destroy" fibers, while Matoi's can "create" something with them? Sort of like a god of death/god of life duality.

3. Satsuki is powerful enough to take down a rampaging Matoi while holding back Nui. That's fearsome. It shows how far Matoi has to go still.

4. The four elites never fell out of favor with Satsuki, unlike the other club members. That says something about their relationship with her.

5. Nudist Beach is out of their league.

6. Satsuki telling Matoi just enough information is clearly calculated. It's clear that she's using Matoi, but there's obviously more to it. She didn't have to admit to anything, nor explain her plans.

7. And they're petty plans too. Conquer all the schools? This is a woman who thinks big. Such a plan seems too small for her.

8. Satsuki knows Mako by name. This might not seem odd, but when does Satsuki ever give the time of day to "normal people"? On the other hand....

9. Besides the parallel to Mako being out of control during the Fight Club, Mako herself was fearsome during that time. Not only did she obliterate every club but the elite four in a matter of weeks/months, but her two star Goku uniform was clearly more powerful than the others we've seen.

So yeah....so much stuff so far, but it really feels like the best is yet to come. I won't even try to predict much.
Old 2013-12-20, 11:05   Link #32
FateAnomaly

Sanegeyama may not have intentionally go naked. He cannot see and he could have forgotten he didn't have even underwear on.

I am pretty convinced that Mako is the actual MC in this show now.
Old 2013-12-20, 11:24   Link #33
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Sanegeyama may not have intentionally go naked. He cannot see and he could have forgotten he didn't have even underwear on.

Even a blind person knows when they're naked. I just don't think he cared.
Old 2013-12-20, 11:27   Link #34
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Yeah, I was convinced Matoi was going to die when she triggered the berzerk mode.

Then when Mako charged the duel I thought it was one or other other... but somehow they both escaped unscathed!
Old 2013-12-20, 12:57   Link #35
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
H
7. And they're petty plans too. Conquer all the schools? This is a woman who thinks big. Such a plan seems too small for her.
she is building an army. The more schools the larger and stronger the army.
Old 2013-12-20, 14:11   Link #36
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Who knows, maybe the other schools are bigger and more developed than Honnouji?
But yea I bet she wants to conquer everything to then face her mom.
Old 2013-12-20, 14:49   Link #37
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Well, that was bloody violent...

I have to say I've been enjoying KlK alot more since Ryuko's fight with the elite four started and this was the perfect holy hell shit went down episode to cap that off and get into the next half of the show. I have to say I thought Mako's whole emotional moment to bring ryuko back and reminding us of the weakest episode of the series would bring it down but this is still the best episode by far. If Ryuko does recive any development out of all this, I suppose it'll be to channel her anger so that it doesn't screw her over next time which is... something I guess. At this point I think I've realized that to really enjoy this show I need to treat it as a saturday morning cartoon and that's been working sofar.
Old 2013-12-20, 16:03   Link #38
ookamigirl

Looks like Matoi finally found the person she was looking for.
This should be very interesting.
Damn, as expected, she totally snapped!
It's nice they gave us some insight to the past events.
Matoi totally overdid it with her rage.
That little b*tch got her right where she wanted.
To lose control and lose herself.
Didn't expect Satsuki to intervene and to be so fair.
Mako was the best this time! ^^

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-12-20, 19:49   Link #39
Raymondjram

The next episode will be on January 9th, so we can absorb the events up to now for a while. I read that there will be an OVA, and that an unaired episode (#25) will be included in the DVD set to be released September 3rd, 2014. So in nine months the unaired episode will be seen by a few who can buy the DVD set.
Old 2013-12-20, 21:14   Link #40
tuckersister

I think the woman that Ryuko saw was someone else.
Closed Thread