Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-12, 17:57   Link #1
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Manga Discussion: Chapter 341

wow, its early. makes me happy.
anyways seems like another kickass chapter.
for you who knows where to get it, good for you.

EDIT
i kinda went through it, but i cant really figure out what going on except usopp is trying to fix G.M. by himself, kinda sad
and the others are talking about robin, and i think luffy says robin isnt a badguy.
donno how this will turn out.

Last edited by sOnJoOL; 2004-10-12 at 18:16.
Old 2004-10-12, 18:47   Link #2
sOnJoOL

sad usopp moment. hes all alone.
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-13, 10:19   Link #3
soraryu

This is what I've ascertained: Luffy, Chopper, Nami and Zoro decides to find out what's going on with Robin (capture Robin and find out the truth) after they've come to the conclusion that Robin is going to complete her failed assassination attempt, while Usopp is fixing the Going Merry.

We see high heels on the last page, which could mean that Robin is ready to strike at her target, despite the presence of men at the gates (shipwrights etc...).
Old 2004-10-13, 12:19   Link #4
Love Cook

Maybe the foot seen on the last apge is someone aside from Robin, as Oda does like to do seemingly random things just for kicks.

Maybe it's Vivi come back to us... he mentioned an Alabasta character's return, right? Hell, I know it won't be... but I can dream...
Old 2004-10-14, 08:07   Link #5
Yoska
フランキー

If there is a returning character it could be either Pell or Okama. It wasn't clear what happened to this two after Alabasta arc. I would still bet Pell was the mystery ship repear man in Skypia.

Usopp is now more mine favourite character than ever. Period.
Old 2004-10-14, 08:19   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Not to sound silly, but wasn't Pell blown up in the arabasta arc when he hauled that bomb out of range of the city?? That'd make it kinda hard to come back from something like that, although I've seen stranger.
Old 2004-10-14, 08:58   Link #7
Yoska
フランキー

In chapter 217 page 17 (volume 24) it was made pretty clear Pell is still alive. It's little disappointing but in One Piece nobody really dies, not even if you are in the middle of freaking huge explosion. I hope there is a very good reason why Oda let Pell alive, having a important role in the coming story would be one. Futhermore the way Pell is alive was told left few question marks as what he will do now on because apparently everybody in Alabasta belives he's dead.
Old 2004-10-14, 14:02   Link #8
R-S-W-E
人谁无恶

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Cook
Maybe the foot seen on the last apge is someone aside from Robin, as Oda does like to do seemingly random things just for kicks.

Maybe it's Vivi come back to us... he mentioned an Alabasta character's return, right? Hell, I know it won't be... but I can dream...
i am 90% sure about that heel just has to belong to Robin~~ it is very obvious that Robin is trying to go back and kill the mayor (as what she hinted in the previous chapter)...and the shape of the heel is the same as what Robin wears..
Old 2004-10-14, 18:20   Link #9
Love Cook

Well, uh... damn. There goes my dream.
Old 2004-10-14, 18:34   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yoska, I remember reading that chapter but when I read it I thought they were mourning pell. I didn't think he was still alive. Not that I'm going to complain. I'd love to see pell alive. Anyone that can shapeshift into a bird has my respect. Heck, I'm jealous of him a bit. I'd love to eat the fruit he did and be able to fly. hehe.
Old 2004-10-14, 18:43   Link #11
sOnJoOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Yoska, I remember reading that chapter but when I read it I thought they were mourning pell. I didn't think he was still alive. Not that I'm going to complain. I'd love to see pell alive. Anyone that can shapeshift into a bird has my respect. Heck, I'm jealous of him a bit. I'd love to eat the fruit he did and be able to fly. hehe.
i had to go through my one piece manga volume 24, chapter 217. there is proof that peru survived the bombing. at least.
Old 2004-10-15, 05:19   Link #12
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
I have to agree with Lord Raiden, Pell is totally cool . Ok, I went overboard saying it's obvios he's alive but that's the impression I got (perhaps I'm just daydreaming ). If he is alive, maybe he will show him self in the Gedatsu's mini story.

Was it said there is three different devil's fruit that grants it user the power of flight. I would love to see another one.

Man, Franky is the unknow factor of the arc. I have no idea what he's going to do next, probably he will get even more mixed into the conflict between Straw Hats and Galley-La.

Last edited by Yoska; 2004-10-15 at 09:40.
Old 2004-10-15, 08:36   Link #13
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

HAHAHA! That'd be cool if he did!! As long as he suddenly doesn't start screaming "you will be assimilated" or something screwy like that.

Now imagine if he went and did a second level transformation and brought out some even more killer weapons. That'd rock.

OH, and I took a second look at that chapter and you're right. It does look like he's alive even though it doesn't explicitly say so. Man, to survive a blast like that and (by the condition of the hood) in what I'd say to be really good shape. That's just amazing beyond words.
Old 2004-10-15, 17:27   Link #14
sOnJoOL

hey, and i dont think it was peru who fixed the boat at skypiea.
because whoever was doing it, their hands were small. and about usopp height.
Old 2004-10-15, 17:28   Link #15
Love Cook

It's more like Oda wanting to have every happy ending being as happy as possible. I for one was unhappy about Pell living... I mean, they made this big dramatic thing for him, so even though you know OP never kills characters, with so much drama involved in that scene you'd think "this is it, Pell ain't comin' back." Annoying, really. Dorry/Brogy living was pushing it, but I thought Pell was too much. Though if he's gonna be alive, he might as well continue to influence the story, so I wouldn't mind too much if he showed up. He would need a good reason, though. I don't wanna see "Woah, it's that bird dude! We thought you were dead!" and he's just like "Oh. Yeah, that. Well... anyway, here I am!"
Old 2004-10-15, 18:43   Link #16
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

IF he does come back into the story, he's the only other one besides the strawhats who've dealt with Robin and would know her best. Think about this. Oda could use him to great affect if he comes back and protects the mayor from Robin and gets the strawhats to do the same. The strawhats could be seen protecting the mayor and in doing so earn back everyone's trust.

So Oda could use this to great effect.
Old 2004-10-15, 21:22   Link #17
sOnJoOL

i had this thought that oda said;
one crew will be leaving and arabasta character will return.
(im just stating the rumours)
then couldnt robin go out of crew and return since she is a arabasta character?
what do you think?

EDIT
suddenly when i was re-reading volume 18 i thought of something.
could the returning arabasta character be none other than
Portgas D. Ace???!!?
i mean he is a arabasta character and it would make sense that he appears again.
anybody else had this thought?

Last edited by sOnJoOL; 2004-10-15 at 23:31.
Old 2004-10-19, 12:10   Link #18
Love Cook

The thought of an Ace return had completely slipped my mind. I could see it happening, especially if Aokiji shows up again, as it almost seems like they're made for fighting each other. Or maybe that's just me >_> Anyway, I'm rooting for Bon Clay to come back to us. Just try to find a cooler okama, I dare you.
Old 2004-10-20, 19:11   Link #19
hi no ken Jebus

Manga Discussion: Chapter 341

ace isnt due till pirate's summit which is what he told luffy before he left. so i dont think it's going to be ace. im still holding out for an even bigger badguy here to be pulling the strings and revealing him/herself before luffy and co beat him and everyone sees they were innocent to begin with.

yea sounds cliched and overdone but yea. pell wouldnt really fit in as a straw hat he would have been useful in skypiea but i dont see where else he could be useful in this arc. damn it with this being a water town you think jinbei would be somewhere in this arc. well im thinking kalifa is the attempted killer. something about her just doesnt add up. that alabasta character thing was from some interview he did but technically kohza did show up in a mini arc so that could have been it. on the other hand vivi joining again would hella suck.

oh another thing ep 207 begins the davy fight arc in anime so time to see count chokula animated.
Old 2004-10-20, 21:43   Link #20
sOnJoOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
ace isnt due till pirate's summit which is what he told luffy before he left. so i dont think it's going to be ace. im still holding out for an even bigger badguy here to be pulling the strings and revealing him/herself before luffy and co beat him and everyone sees they were innocent to begin with.

yea sounds cliched and overdone but yea. pell wouldnt really fit in as a straw hat he would have been useful in skypiea but i dont see where else he could be useful in this arc. damn it with this being a water town you think jinbei would be somewhere in this arc. well im thinking kalifa is the attempted killer. something about her just doesnt add up. that alabasta character thing was from some interview he did but technically kohza did show up in a mini arc so that could have been it. on the other hand vivi joining again would hella suck.

oh another thing ep 207 begins the davy fight arc in anime so time to see count chokula animated.
heard 207 is out.
Closed Thread