AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 07:43   Link #141
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Wow... just wow. I really don't know how to express what just happened here, I mean (SHIT'S GOING DOWN). Just... a lot happened here, the scale got bigger and stakes were raised. I'm feeling a lot of emotions right now, not all of them positive, but I'm definitely impressed. Though this arc has a whole does have me wondering:

Spoiler:
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:13   Link #142
Shadow5YA

So I'm guessing the Wish-Crushing Cinema box actually belongs to Haruaki?

Also, I don't mind the illustration style change. The style in the first 4 volumes was cute, but often times it didn't match the character descriptions. For example, Kokone was described as someone with all dolled up with a lot of makeup, but I hardly got that from her design.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:42   Link #143
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post

Also, I don't mind the illustration style change. The style in the first 4 volumes was cute, but often times it didn't match the character descriptions. For example, Kokone was described as someone with all dolled up with a lot of makeup, but I hardly got that from her design.
Your guess is as good as mine. Kokone and Haruaki are the 2 most likely candidates, but I'm putting my bet on Haruaki.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:11   Link #144
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Your guess is as good as mine. Kokone and Haruaki are the 2 most likely candidates, but I'm putting my bet on Haruaki.
Yeah, it's unlikely Kokone knows about Haruaki's crush. Or that she would betray Daiya.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:27   Link #145
VitaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
Yeah, it's unlikely Kokone knows about Haruaki's crush. Or that she would betray Daiya.
That's true, but you almost have to think the opposite with this novel. Nothing is what it appears to be, and that's what makes it an epic story. Seems the next installment will likely be the last. If that's the case, hopefully its a long one. I can read these insanely fast as I become so engrossed in the content.
VitaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 21:50   Link #146
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't think Haruak has sufficient will to manage a decent wish -- if it was his box, Daiya would be able to punch holes in the cinema. I'm betting on Kokone -- she has a keen enough mind to create a strong wish and she has more reason for wanting Daiya to confront his past and get over himself. I suspect we'll find out when we see the fourth movie.

Quote:
Yeah, the character designs have never impressed me. Other than Maria, none of them look remotely close to what I imagine. Actually, when I read the books I tend to picture the story as live action instead of in anime style, which is unusual for a light novel. Maybe it's the lack of anything really animesque in the story -- no trip-fall-grope antics, no totally over-the-top personalities, and no physics defying action. You could film the first two books with only a minimal FX budget.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 22:14   Link #147
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Lack of animesque? Story set in high school. Check. Protagonist met a mysterious bishoujo transfer student. Check. Protagonist is someone who just want a normal life. check. Protagonist is someone who doesn't stand out usually but somehow gain some godly keen inside to solve the problem. Check.

I admit it's a little bit different than your usual shounen series, but hako mari does have a lot of "animesque" element in it. Doesn't stop it from being a damn good series though.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 22:32   Link #148
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Vol 6 is gonna go down hard
Old 2012-08-27, 22:33   Link #149
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaX View Post
That's true, but you almost have to think the opposite with this novel. Nothing is what it appears to be, and that's what makes it an epic story. Seems the next installment will likely be the last. If that's the case, hopefully its a long one. I can read these insanely fast as I become so engrossed in the content.
Precisely why I'm putting my bet on Haruaki, because I thought it more likely to be Kokone initially.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 00:25   Link #150
Shadow5YA

I think the hints point toward Haruaki. We know that he's aware of the wish-granting boxes and what Daiya has been doing. Kazuki told him everything to get Haruaki on his side. Also, Haruaki has shown no signs of being affected by Daiya's box.

However, it would be much more devastating blow to Daiya if Kokone really is the one using the Wish-Crushing Cinema.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-08-28 at 00:35.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 00:35   Link #151
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
shits gone down, I think Kazuki finally broke, but in an awesomely godly way. Can't wait to read vol.6 and see how Daiya deals with the fact when he realizes that he's just some side character in the overall plot. Hoping for a good ending, but seeing how the author decided to f*ck every character over, I'm seeing a bittersweet ending
Old 2012-08-28, 01:47   Link #152
EusthEnoptEron
招かざる密航者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
shits gone down, I think Kazuki finally broke, but in an awesomely godly way. Can't wait to read vol.6 and see how Daiya deals with the fact when he realizes that he's just some side character in the overall plot. Hoping for a good ending, but seeing how the author decided to f*ck every character over, I'm seeing a bittersweet ending
Well, let's take a look at how his other novels ended.

Boku-ra Wa Doko Ni Mo Hirakanai (~We Do Not Open Ourselves To Anywhere):
Spoiler:

Kamisu Rena Wa Koko ni Iru/Chiru (~Kamisu Rena Is/Disperses here):
Spoiler:
EusthEnoptEron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:40   Link #153
MovingGuy

Hey EusthEnoptEron,
first of all, thank you so much for translating the best novel I've ever read.
Second, since I don't know how to contact you in any other way - I'd like to do a german translation of the very first Hakomari novel. Thus, I've started translating based on your englisch translation. But therefore I need you to say it's ok and I want to know how I can post the stuff I've already translated on Baka-Tsuki. Since I've already logged in, it shouldn't be too difficult !? I'm just too dumb for this stuff and baka-tsuki says smt. along the lines 'you need the approvement of a member?' or i missread :O XD well then. Maybe you feel like answering ~
MovingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 11:39   Link #154
NeutralZero

Just notice they already finished the translation and started reading bits...
Damn... we hated Daiya since 3 but now it intensify to the point of wishing him to have a faith much worst than Iroha...
Don't care a thing for his reason...
And too bad... we kinda like Iroha in 3 and 4... and he went and screw her already to somewhat screwed personality...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 23:00   Link #155
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Vol 5 was fanastic and cleverly written. Just hope we won't have to wait as much for vol 6.

Spoiler for Daiya in the Rejecting Classroom:
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 23:59   Link #156
EusthEnoptEron
招かざる密航者

No, Kiri = Kirino, Rino = Karino.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-03, 03:44   Link #157
Shiyumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EusthEnoptEron View Post
Well, let's take a look at how his other novels ended.

Boku-ra Wa Doko Ni Mo Hirakanai (~We Do Not Open Ourselves To Anywhere):
Spoiler:

Kamisu Rena Wa Koko ni Iru/Chiru (~Kamisu Rena Is/Disperses here):
Spoiler:
Can you post link of those two novel. I can't find them.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 10:00   Link #158
EusthEnoptEron
招かざる密航者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
Can you post link of those two novel. I can't find them.
They can be purchased here.

If you mean translations: There are none and probably never will be. (Okay, I do have a few pages of Kamisu, but it doesn't get to the good parts.)

If you mean, um, digital copies: Boku-ra and the first Kamisu should be locatable.
Old 2012-10-09, 04:29   Link #159
Shiyumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EusthEnoptEron View Post
They can be purchased here.

If you mean translations: There are none and probably never will be. (Okay, I do have a few pages of Kamisu, but it doesn't get to the good parts.)

If you mean, um, digital copies: Boku-ra and the first Kamisu should be locatable.
I mean digital copies. I have been googled but can't not find them.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 15:59   Link #160
mangafreak7793

This story is nuts...! This volume gave me mixed feelings, I hated the character development and seeing how everything went to hell so quickly. I know the author used that to vent frustration but it left a bitter taste in my mouth in contrast to the 4 th book which left me smiling. However I like how daiya's planning skills and the last shocker of the book. Maybe it's because it's nearing the end or my preference to happy ends or something but I really hope the characters will have a good ending.
mangafreak7793 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen