AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 10:58   Link #921
tsunade666

but it's funny when he give comments that doesn't complement on his dead pan expression
Old 2011-10-21, 11:07   Link #922
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Amazing performance from Horie Yui and there is a part two coming next week
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 13:09   Link #923
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I wonder if Narukami will get his hands on the Persona Mara

this episode was awesome, the All-out Attack was a nice touch
and the way Yosuke called Jiraiya the first time had the same line in the game.

sweet~

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 13:40   Link #924
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I wonder if Narukami will get his hands on the Persona Mara
I wonder why everyone wants to see the big guy
Spoiler for Mara might be nsfw but this guy is a persona:
Old 2011-10-21, 15:05   Link #925
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wonder why everyone wants to see the big guy
Spoiler for Mara might be nsfw but this guy is a persona:
are you serious!? was that really in P4?? ps ive only got about half the personas so far
Old 2011-10-21, 15:26   Link #926
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
are you serious!? was that really in P4?? ps ive only got about half the personas so far
Mara has a chariot in P4
Old 2011-10-21, 15:26   Link #927
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
but it's funny when he give comments that doesn't complement on his dead pan expression
Agreed. Just gives an extra chuckle to hear him saying that stuff with the deadpan expression. Sure some expression points wouldn't hurt, but damn leaving him like that is funny in its own way .
Old 2011-10-21, 16:39   Link #928
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
"I wish I'd recorded it" was the best line in the episode XD.
Indeed. Although, the ''All-out attack'' between Yosuke and Yuu was another shining star of this episode as well. Glad they kept the multiple persona change for the main character. I wonder what is he gonna summon next.
Old 2011-10-21, 19:30   Link #929
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Indeed. Although, the ''All-out attack'' between Yosuke and Yuu was another shining star of this episode as well. Glad they kept the multiple persona change for the main character. I wonder what is he gonna summon next.
Yeah I loved the "all-out attack" to finish the fight. Just when you think they've done a great job of bringing in game elements they toss in another one to leave you grinning .

I'd agree with the thoughts that we're definitely going to see a chariot persona coming out next. Who on the other hand is a pretty good question. Should be fun to see who they will pick.
Old 2011-10-21, 20:41   Link #930
Elestia

Holy shit.... am I really watching the same show? This episode was a huge improvement, almost making it unrecognizable from the past 2 episodes. The pacing and those creative scenes really helped balance out the drama and the action very well. I would even say that I really enjoyed the entire episode. Another thing that really made it solid was the action scene, dear lord they actually made the Agi and Garu spells look really devastating and strong.

I really hope they can keep this up.
Old 2011-10-21, 22:17   Link #931
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
2) HOLY SHIT I take that back, they've actually gonna make Yuu use more than one Persona ?!?! But Pyro Jack ? Shouldn't they start with Jack Frost Or is it because this Boss' weakness is fire and wind so they need Agi and Garu?
Being that Jack Frost is the Atlus mascot, that might have had legal issues somehow.

Quote:
They should go with Orobas a level 8 magician instead of level 32. Yuu got initial save data for his persona bank
Or the incredibly rare and usually in your favor fusion error.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
they probably chose pyro jack because....
Spoiler for Next ep:

and i think the pyro jack will change into another persona later since marganet said "the power grow as your bond with them get stronger"
I don't think anything is beyond Rank 1 yet. He shouldn't even have it available to him yet iirc.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 01:23   Link #932
Byakou

Found the 3rd ep predictable and kinda boring. I didn't play the game and I don't get the plot at all. They didn't explain; what's the world behind the tv/where it comes from/why it's there, the weird man and woman in the room that randomly talks to you like you were in a game >.>, what even personas are, characters seem happy to summon them without knowing what the hell they are or why they're even doing it, basically no ground rules. Shouldn't need to play the game just to understand wtf is going on.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 01:45   Link #933
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Holy shit.... am I really watching the same show? This episode was a huge improvement, almost making it unrecognizable from the past 2 episodes. The pacing and those creative scenes really helped balance out the drama and the action very well. I would even say that I really enjoyed the entire episode. Another thing that really made it solid was the action scene, dear lord they actually made the Agi and Garu spells look really devastating and strong.

I really hope they can keep this up.
Agidye and Garudyne will probably fill up the whole screen.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 02:19   Link #934
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Found the 3rd ep predictable and kinda boring. I didn't play the game and I don't get the plot at all. They didn't explain; what's the world behind the tv/where it comes from/why it's there, the weird man and woman in the room that randomly talks to you like you were in a game >.>, what even personas are, characters seem happy to summon them without knowing what the hell they are or why they're even doing it, basically no ground rules. Shouldn't need to play the game just to understand wtf is going on.

You don't need to play the game to follow the story, I've never played Persona 4 and I have no problem following the story. My experience with P3P only helps me appreciate the little tidbits that they use.

Maybe you're not used to mystery stories or action series, but generally they don't reveal everything at once.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 02:51   Link #935
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Yeah, definitely a huge improvement from last week episode...
This week's episode is executed more impresive...
Kudos to Yui Horie as the seiyuu of Chie, truly a top class seiyuu...

And yeah, Yuu stat keeps getting stronger...
And he got invitation to clubs too...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 03:12   Link #936
bayoab

Quote:
Found the 3rd ep predictable and kinda boring. I didn't play the game and I don't get the plot at all. They didn't explain; what's the world behind the tv/where it comes from/why it's there,
If they explained that, the series would be over...

It's true they've done a poor job of explaining why the characters are doing what they are doing, what they are doing, etc. There are a few details which would be clear at this point in the game.

Quote:
the weird man and woman in the room that randomly talks to you like you were in a game >.>,
This wouldn't be explained yet in game either iirc.
Quote:
what even personas are,
This has been said twice now.
Quote:
characters seem happy to summon them without knowing what the hell they are or why they're even doing it, basically no ground rules.
This is because of the difference between the adaptation and the game.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 04:28   Link #937
Xenio
Flower

Quote:
what's the world behind the tv/where it comes from/why it's there
it the mystery, which will explained in some last ep

Quote:
what even personas are, characters seem happy to summon them without knowing what the hell they are or why they're even doing it
you should pay more attention to all the line, remember the line"thou art i and i am thou( you are me and i am you)"? it mean that persona is also that person and that person is also the persona

"A Persona is a manifestation of a person's personality in the Persona series, referred to as a "mask" for an individual to use to face hardship. A Persona is similar to a Shadow. Shadows are malevolent manifestations of one's inner thoughts, while a Persona is a manifestation of the same feelings but tamed and trained. If an individual takes up a resolution in his or her heart, the Persona will undergo a metamorphosis into a stronger form."
Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 04:38   Link #938
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Yu also managed to be pretty funny this episode. "I'm gonna cry" and "I should have recorded that" made me laugh.
Indeed, though I only chuckled at the first one since I was expecting they were going to go with "I'm gonna cry," dialogue choice for the hand-biting scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Spoiler for comparisons to the game up til this point, no actual spoilers:
It's probably both. In P3 the other characters thought the MC was just staring off into space during his first visit to the Velvet Room in Tartarus. I'd imagine the amount of time passing outside of it would be short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Episode has improved drastically from the previous one. Those masks that Chie have remind me of Shirley from Code Geass R2. I could've sworn Narukami said Jack o' Lantern anyway. Wish Persona combos would've work like back in P2.
Eh, this was more an All-Out Attack with Personae rather than a Persona combo a la P2, since the latter tend to end up with a different spell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol Hanamura got them arrested. So Chie now has a persona. Wonder where Yukiko actually is. Nice to see she kept the dog. SO how did Narukami get another persona?
Yeah, I was surprised they kept the arrest scene, since it looks like most of the fighting will be done with Personae only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Two things:

1) Narukami has some awesome one-liners Everything from "I think I'm gonna cry", "I should have taped it" to the classic "I don't know him"

2) HOLY SHIT I take that back, they've actually gonna make Yuu use more than one Persona ?!?! But Pyro Jack ? Shouldn't they start with Jack Frost Or is it because this Boss' weakness is fire and wind so they need Agi and Garu?
You cannot imagine how disappointed I was when Atlus' mascot wasn't the Persona that appeared. I mean, c'mon! Frosty was a Lvl. 16 Magician Persona in P4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
"I wish I'd recorded it" was the best line in the episode XD. Nice that Yu is gaining a sense of humour which went well with his flat expression.

Definitely liking this show so far. I haven't played the game but I have played Devil Survivor, so seeing Pyro Jack and recognising the attack Jiraiya used made me just as delighted. It'll be neat to see what he summons next time.
Well, technically it was Garu as opposed to Devil Survivor's Zan, but eh, Force and Wind are practically the same anyway. Atlus is just weird like that.

Quote:
They should go with Orobas a level 8 magician instead of level 32. Yuu got initial save data for his persona bank
Nah, it can't be or else his social stats would be higher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointman View Post
and what chariot arcana persona you think Yuu will use in the next ep?

Slime
Nata Taishi
Eligor
Ara Mitama
Ares
Triglav
Kin-Ki
Thor
Atavaka
Futsunushi
Joke Answer: Slime, 'cause he has Red Wall.

I would say Thor. I can see the animators using the more recognizable demons/Persona of the MegaTen franchise, and it seems like the in-game comparative strength of the Yuu's Personae aren't much of a consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Do you guys think there is any chance we'll see Mara animated?
Hah! That would be a thing of beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
Because contrary to popular belief, fanservice doesn't necessarily make everything better.
Eh, the fanservice for Yukiko's Midnight Channel was there to further drive home the "WTF is that really Yukiko?!?" feeling rather than to tittillate the player. So in this case, I would say it did make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
That's old-school Mara. Mara's been in a lot of SMT games and is one of the more well-known demons/Personae. Nowadays she rides around on a pimpin' chariot (or if she's summoned improperly, she's turned into a slime). Yes, Mara's a she. Who speaks like an old man (in the games where she has dialogue, which includes horrible puns and innuendo involving words such as "thrust" and "release").

Quote:
They're not going to explain those yet because they're a huge part of the mystery. As for the Personae, they've already said what they are. We've already had two instances of "I am a Shadow. . .the true self," the Shadow getting beaten up and then turning into a Persona. It's not that hard to connect the dots.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 04:48   Link #939
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Byakou: For the love of god man, what are personas? It was mentioned already a couple of times in the blue room, and it kind of figures from Yousuke/Chie personas... this is not Horizon with random infodumps until you give up trying

As for who is behind everything, I already got a warning for hinting it... though none got it, unless he already knew, i.e. you'll find out near the end of the show

And the blue room... LOL, I am 100% certain that we'll figure it out before the red room
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 04:55   Link #940
Xenio
Flower

about how did he get pyrojack, just look at this, you can see the last moment of ep 2 as well

Xenio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy