AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-07-22, 16:20   Link #801
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
One wonders if they'll have nine next time (Jun's VA included)
I'd like that, as she's become quite an important support character in this season and I like her personality.
Old 2010-07-23, 10:22   Link #802
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

GUYS LOOK WHAT I Uploaded to meh channel Got my Hands on the K-ON!! Original Sound Track Vol. 1 Enjoy

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-07-23 at 11:45.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 11:03   Link #803
Sparvid
*hic*

Haha, I'll never cease to be amazed (and amused) by seiyuu who manage to keep up voices like that for a whole song
Old 2010-07-23, 11:34   Link #804
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Haha, I'll never cease to be amazed (and amused) by seiyuu who manage to keep up voices like that for a whole song
lol I edited my post
Old 2010-07-23, 11:36   Link #805
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
GUYS LOOK WHAT I Uploaded to meh channel Got my Hands on the K-ON!! Original Sound Track Vol. 1 Enjoy

What a great alarm wake-up tune for my cellphone....
Old 2010-07-23, 11:37   Link #806
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
What a great alarm wake-up tune for my cellphone....
If u want ill send u a mp3, I did a reupload in better HD lol

Quote:

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-07-23 at 13:02.
Old 2010-07-24, 09:49   Link #807
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeerollx View Post
Ahh I really love the new ED (:
The OP isn't bad.
But god I watched that ED about 5 times in a row (:
I know....hell I'd say it beats Don't Say Lazy.
Old 2010-07-24, 12:53   Link #808
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

No, Thank You > Listen! > Don't Say Lazy

And the new OP is growing on me.
Old 2010-07-26, 01:53   Link #809
Mercurius

I wish the OST had Yui's opening riff of My Love is a Stapler from episode 1. *Crosses fingers that it appears in the second OST.*
Old 2010-07-26, 05:27   Link #810
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
GUYS LOOK WHAT I Uploaded to meh channel Got my Hands on the K-ON!! Original Sound Track Vol. 1 Enjoy :meh

Producers to Toyosaki: "Just sing as retarded as you can."

Pretty much confirms that Yui has Down's Syndrome. And to think that Kakifly didn't actually portray her this way until after the anime aired. Similarly with Kyoani I don't think they meant to have her so retarded either but it just happened to come off that way. But due to the positive fan reaction Kyoani seemed to have amped up her idiocy in the second season. People all seem to prefer Cageyake!GIRLS to GO!GO!MANIAC or Utauyo!!MIRACLE, but Pony Canyon definitely wasn't going to make any further OP like Cageyake!GIRLS since it doesn't fit the Yui 'image' Kyoani had created and marketed.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 13:09   Link #811
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

Pretty much confirms that Yui has Down's Syndrome. And to think that Kakifly didn't actually portray her this way until after the anime aired. Similarly with Kyoani I don't think they meant to have her so retarded either but it just happened to come off that way. But due to the positive fan reaction Kyoani seemed to have amped up her idiocy in the second season. People all seem to prefer Cageyake!GIRLS to GO!GO!MANIAC or Utauyo!!MIRACLE, but Pony Canyon definitely wasn't going to make any further OP like Cageyake!GIRLS since it doesn't fit the Yui 'image' Kyoani had created and marketed.
You are obviously not a Yui fan. Nothing in that post makes even remotely sense.
Old 2010-07-26, 13:15   Link #812
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

I like all 3 OPs..probably my favourite would be Utauyo!!MIRACLE. But they sure aren't on the same level as the EDs, Mio's voice is much better
Old 2010-07-26, 14:35   Link #813
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:

that was mean..... its supposed to be yui when she was a child singing the song
Old 2010-07-26, 18:26   Link #814
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Actually I like Yui. I love that Yui is 'retarded'. It's unique from other anime 'air-heads' and I would probably appreciate the show even more if somewhere along the anime storyline she is diagnosed. Would make for good story telling.

And halfway through typing that up I realised I forgot what I was trying to say, which is somewhere along the line of why Pony Canyon wouldn't produce an OP like Cageyake!!GIRLS any more(maybe?), so I apologize. Should've threw in a to show I was kind of joking or something.
Old 2010-07-26, 18:33   Link #815
LC
Shocking Pink

Yui isn't retarded. How else could she do well in school when she REALLY puts her mind to it? How would she even pass the exam to get into the school? She's air-headed and silly yes, but she's far from special-needs.
Old 2010-07-26, 19:47   Link #816
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Just my opinion, but somehow I find that Yui consistently reminds me of Forrest Gump. In a very loose sense of course. In that both are at times air headed to a fault, then unexpected they do something totally awesome. The fact that Gump is diagnosed as being retarded makes him all the more awesome and very endearing. So I just think seeing Yui as being implicitly 'could be retarded' as an observation that most Yui fans should notice. Unless there's a better word to describe that trait without being too PC I'm sticking with it(my vocabulary is very limited), and I think it's an appeal.

But back to Usagi no Kame..well it's not terrible, but I think everyone is happy that the Yui now can talk properly.

Edit: Actually, just for fun I would like to hear kindergarten Yui sing GO!GO!MANIAC.
Old 2010-07-26, 20:40   Link #817
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Just my opinion, but somehow I find that Yui consistently reminds me of Forrest Gump. In a very loose sense of course. In that both are at times air headed to a fault, then unexpected they do something totally awesome. The fact that Gump is diagnosed as being retarded makes him all the more awesome and very endearing. So I just think seeing Yui as being implicitly 'could be retarded' as an observation that most Yui fans should notice. Unless there's a better word to describe that trait without being too PC I'm sticking with it(my vocabulary is very limited), and I think it's an appeal.

But back to Usagi no Kame..well it's not terrible, but I think everyone is happy that the Yui now can talk properly.

Edit: Actually, just for fun I would like to hear kindergarten Yui sing GO!GO!MANIAC.
Yeah, I think Gump is a fair comparison .... Yui is an "idiot savant" and functionally retarded in certain functions ... But none of that is an insult, it is just the way she is, and her friends just understand that.

I remember an engineer I used to work with that brings Yui to mind. This young woman could jam out nasty equations, do flight dynamics, give highly technical presentations, out-tech the customer's minions .... but she was as basically just like Yui outside of those performance areas. She was always leaving us just astounded at the airy things she'd do and say. Yes, she was attractive and I have no idea where she ended up after I left.
Old 2010-07-27, 05:01   Link #818
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah, I think Gump is a fair comparison .... Yui is an "idiot savant" and functionally retarded in certain functions ... But none of that is an insult, it is just the way she is, and her friends just understand that.
Hmm... My view is that the reason Yui is an airhead is because she can get away with it. After all, she's shared most of her life with Nodoka and Ui who generally "carry" Yui through stuff she needs to experience to be responsible. And when they don't, her charisma bails her out trouble anyway. So, the way I see it, there hasn't been any impetus in Yui's life to be responsible and to generally shape-up.

Retard implies to me something more than airheadedness and silliness. To me, it means a severe deficiency of brain power in power in all areas, and being an idiot savant is only means you have one area you aren't deficient in. As such, I can't see Yui, who can pass (if barely) enough subjects to advance a year or pass an entrance exam to a school someone like Nodoka would pick, as a retard or an idiot savant.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 07:27   Link #819
Peanutbutter

There's some videos on nico, with again, the remixes of the 2nd op and ed, except this time, they added in another 45 seconds of the actual full version of the song (though it's still not the full version.).

They're really tempting everyone's appetite here.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 07:28   Link #820
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Yeah I posted the links on the other thread sir ^^