AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-12, 13:04   Link #41
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I've only seen 3 of the girls from families with number in their name so far. The kaicho, glasses classmate and the kendo girl.
Old 2012-02-12, 13:07   Link #42
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
From the quote you got, yeah. It's very suspicious, like how she has been trying to remind herself that they are real siblings for 3 years. Normally we don't do that.
I thought it was obvious that she's a brocon.
Old 2012-02-12, 13:16   Link #43
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

But this LN isn't a harem series. I doubt it'd be about romance either. And I kind of wonder how the MC would be able to take on everyone in his school just to make sure they all know their place.
Old 2012-02-12, 14:04   Link #44
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
But this LN isn't a harem series. I doubt it'd be about romance either. And I kind of wonder how the MC would be able to take on everyone in his school just to make sure they all know their place.
Many LNs nowadays have these as subplots though.
Old 2012-02-13, 05:20   Link #45
Tom1

until now who is the strongest magician in their school???
Old 2012-02-13, 05:31   Link #46
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1 View Post
until now who is the strongest magician in their school???
which one ?, raw? translated?, volume?

translated?
it's the little sister for freshman and the student council president for the entire school
Old 2012-02-13, 07:39   Link #47
AlaAlba

^ For entire school the big three are council president, Jumonji, and Mari the disciplinary committee leader. They have their own strengths and weaknesses so not clear which one is the number one, but I think Jumonji is the one.
Old 2012-02-13, 08:54   Link #48
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
^ For entire school the big three are council president, Jumonji, and Mari the disciplinary committee leader. They have their own strengths and weaknesses so not clear which one is the number one, but I think Jumonji is the one.
How strong are the big three compared to the MC? Have they fought once?
Old 2012-02-14, 02:09   Link #49
AlaAlba

I think even the sister Miyuki is stronger than Mayumi and Mari, if you look only into their amount of mp. But Miyuki never fight them so it's difficult to say who's stronger in real battle.
Spoiler for magic:

So which one is stronger or weaker, the answer is relative based on what opponent/magic they're fighting.

Spoiler for 4:

And no they(MC & the big 3) haven't fight even once.

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2012-02-14 at 02:19.
Old 2012-02-14, 02:21   Link #50
shishio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for 4:

And no they haven't fight even once.
Only 5 sec? the heck... I bet he cried after that
Old 2012-02-14, 04:08   Link #51
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

What!? There's already 4 volumes released and he still hasn't fought against the big three!? How about other powerful people from outside his school then? or foreign students? or his taijutsu master? Does the MC even have a rival?
Old 2012-02-14, 04:10   Link #52
larethian

Spoiler for vs Hattori and other spoilers:

Spoiler for speculations on the power hierarchy:

Spoiler for other interesting information:
Old 2012-02-14, 11:54   Link #53
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Again, I cannot remember the details, as the details of the magic mechanics are way too many, and very hard to understand. Even if I read it in my native language, it'll probably give me a headache.
Hah. Yeah, one of the things that struck me the most while browsing this is that most explanations about mechanics are painful to the eye rather than useful to the reader. It's like the author is challenging himself to add the maximum amount of text possible on a single paragraph, and once that is achieved he goes on to try to break his personal record on the next one

Thx for the spoilers, btw.
Old 2012-02-14, 12:29   Link #54
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

The thing I seriously don't understand about the MC is why he thinks negatively of himself in his narration. I wish the narration in the LN would be in 3rd-person perspective instead of Tatsuya's because it's kind of annoying to read how everything about him is so bad, inferior to others bla bla bla.
Old 2012-02-14, 12:40   Link #55
larethian

Quote:
The thing I seriously don't understand about the MC is why he thinks negatively of himself in his narration. I wish the narration in the LN would be in 3rd-person perspective instead of Tatsuya's because it's kind of annoying to read how everything about him is so bad, inferior to others bla bla bla.
The narration is in 3rd person. Other POVs are in reported form. It's not just Tatsuya's.
Old 2012-02-14, 12:58   Link #56
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
The narration is in 3rd person. Other POVs are in reported form. It's not just Tatsuya's.
But whenever Tatsuya narrated (or express his thought) concerning his sister, it goes like "My adorable little sister is a high achiever, but to me...".
Old 2012-02-14, 20:48   Link #57
larethian

Quote:
But whenever Tatsuya narrated (or express his thought) concerning his sister, it goes like "My adorable little sister is a high achiever, but to me...".
That's how it was written in the novel. It's actually the third person retelling Tatsuya's thoughts. I consider Mahouka as more 3rd person style narration because POVs can change in the same segment and there's a lack of fixed directional verbs. POV is floating. In a stricter POV style, they always refer to the character whose POV is being narrated as 'Here' and everywhere else as 'There', and in such narrations, POVs only change when there is a break marker in the chapter or in a different chapter. Mahouka has the same narration style as Shana.
Old 2012-02-14, 20:51   Link #58
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Good to see that there is a thread for this. I suddenly read this the other day and I really liked it. Two chapters so far were translated.

Oh didn't noticed that this was a LN thread. Is it okay to discuss here the manga?
Old 2012-02-14, 20:55   Link #59
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Good to see that there is a thread for this. I suddenly read this the other day and I really liked it. Two chapters so far were translated.

Oh didn't noticed that this was a LN thread. Is it okay to discuss here the manga?
There's actually a manga thread.
Old 2012-02-14, 21:03   Link #60
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post

The manga has it's own thread, you can check it.

Btw lare, so far until volume 4, are there any hints of romance or crush(es) between the characters in the LN?

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings