AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 20:46   Link #2161
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I see (as someone who hasn't read the manga) the message here as that the Spiders are human beings, with human weaknesses. Just as his hate for the Spiders both gives Kurapica great strength and makes him vulnerable, their loyalty is both their great strength and a great vulnerability. In terms of broadening the Spiders as characters, I thought this development was fascinating.
Exactly. Even the internal strife amongst them in this episode was about their differing ideas of how to go about maintaining said loyalty. Who could've imagined this side to these characters when we first saw them nonchalantly and unrepentantly slaughtering the whole of the auction house's audience? Broadening their characters indeed and thankfully so because villains with redeeming qualities usually make for more interesting stories in my book.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 20:48   Link #2162
garbage

wonderful episode this is one of my favorite parts of HxH, wish it would continue far far longer
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 04:54   Link #2163
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Looks like it's just indeed a one shot:

There will be another one next issue:
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 05:03   Link #2164
FateAnomaly

Couldn't the spider use the remote control guy to control Killua and Gon and then follow the mind reader?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 10:24   Link #2165
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Couldn't the spider use the remote control guy to control Killua and Gon and then follow the mind reader?
I'm guessing it could be spotted with Gyo and after Kurapika failed to notice the dead Spiders were fakes, I imagine he'll use it this time.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 11:29   Link #2166
leokiko

Quote:
I think Senritsu would notice that before.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:11   Link #2167
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
One of the most standard prerequisites for Manipulators who have an ability to control people and/or animals, is that a 'connection' of sorts be made. This can be done in various ways, but most versions use either emitter or conjurer effects to achieve this. (for example, placing an antenna on the target) Anyone who uses Gyo will pick up on this.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 15:24   Link #2168
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, Baise could do it with a kiss. I don't know what the Gyo would show, afterward.

But anyway, Senritsu would detect it. It's her shtick, and she said as much.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 17:11   Link #2169
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, Baise could do it with a kiss. I don't know what the Gyo would show, afterward.

But anyway, Senritsu would detect it. It's her shtick, and she said as much.
Baise didn't remote control people, she just made them fall so hopelessly in love with her that they would do anything she said.
Old 2012-12-03, 19:18   Link #2170
Clarste
Human

There's not really much difference in the "get the hostages to follow your orders" context.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:30   Link #2171
gsilver

The commands we've seen him give have been fairly simplistic, like 'ignore what's going on backstage' and 'shoot everything'

A command like 'tail this person and report back' may be too complicated. Pursuit may come naturally enough for Gon that he could do it, but if detected, the programming would be too simple to accommodate.
Old 2012-12-04, 03:37   Link #2172
FateAnomaly

I am not saying to get killua and gon to follow. Just to answer the phone. They will do the tailing themselves.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 03:50   Link #2173
Clarste
Human

Kurapika was never relying on their voices in the first place. He was relying on Senritsu's super-hearing. From the Spider's perspective, they don't know who's watching them from where so they can't risk sacrificing Chrollo's life for no gain (ie: if they get caught too early Kurapika kills him and flees). And I think Nobunaga might also know about Senritsu's ability, from Paku's memory bullet.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 17:29   Link #2174
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post
The commands we've seen him give have been fairly simplistic, like 'ignore what's going on backstage' and 'shoot everything'

A command like 'tail this person and report back' may be too complicated. Pursuit may come naturally enough for Gon that he could do it, but if detected, the programming would be too simple to accommodate.
Shalnark doesn't actually issue commands. He controls their actions directly using his mobile phone, akin to a remote controlled robot. He does have an 'auto mode', but it's inefficient as it will basically make the target fight until it can fight no longer.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 00:40   Link #2175
whitecloud

neeeeeext stop....GREED ISLAND !!!! my favorite arc.... after yorkshin city...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 01:22   Link #2176
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

a very hasty episode yet a very good one, in one part(hisoka's face) it made burst in laughter and in the last scene i was touched, the potrayal of the characters was magnificent, and that what i love about this series, characters arent either black or white they dwelve in a large gamma of grey, cant wait to see how madhouse keeps adapting this in such a fantastic way.
Old 2012-12-09, 03:04   Link #2177
godraziert

While not a bad episode, I preferred the way they did Paku's death in the 99' version with the ominous rattling and materialization of Kurapika's chains just before her heart was crushed. That few extra seconds in which she saw her death approaching lent a lot more emotional weight to her sacrifice for the Troupe compared to the instant death for this adaptation in my view.
Old 2012-12-09, 05:10   Link #2178
Pacify

Awww its over already That was was an awesome arc, kinda felt the end could of been longer tho

Poor Hisoka tho, all the effort for nothing lol
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:11   Link #2179
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

A satisfying end for the yorknew arc. Time for green island arc!

But seriously, i need more machi.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:39   Link #2180
ookamigirl

It's not good that Phantom Troupe leader figured out Kurapika's weakness.
Seems like he himself figured out the priorities.
At least the whole hostage situation was resolved.
Guess we'll see that auction next time...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen