Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-04, 13:36   Link #9301
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
WOW, the cover looks more than amazing, Ena and Yuri look beautiful and Godou seems twice as badass as usual.
Nope, actually he seems badass compared to before (speaking he never really was badass to begin with, but now he is). At least that's my take on it.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 15:31   Link #9302
Mars Mode

Im looking forward to it, seeing the cover leaves me with hopes, but I think Im going to be letdown, at the very least I hope the story advances a little or explain how does the others became Campiones.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 16:00   Link #9303
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Im looking forward to it, seeing the cover leaves me with hopes, but I think Im going to be letdown, at the very least I hope the story advances a little or explain how does the others became Campiones.
Short stories aren't always bad Mars-han. To be honest, with f.e. DxD, one of my favourite parts is the Ophis volume, since it's adorable (MOE). And fun.
Well, speaking Campione, one of the best parts I've read was the "Seeking the mysterious Devil King!". Fuyuhime was ridiculous, Godou's cousin was adorable, the situations they got into were retarded, and it was the hairiest concept the author could've come up with. Seriously, I was laughing my arse off.
Thinking back at Godou, who was like "Don't say anyhing. Don't insert unnecessary comments." when forced to listen to complaints and brutal lash-outs about himself incognito, still makes my head blow off with laughter.
Old 2014-02-04, 16:14   Link #9304
Kadi
知識の探求者

Yeah, V8 was epic. I generally enjoy all of the short stories, they're just concentrated goodness, but... Well, some of the stories in V16 seem to be old ones, ones that we know already, and that's just rude. As a fan, I don't feel valued.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 16:56   Link #9305
Mars Mode

I couldnt agree more but after the volume of short storys of mondaiji that cut right in the middle of a tense situation Im skeptical about it. But we shall see if those ss have a good flavor.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-04, 23:54   Link #9306
II Maestro

After what happened on vol.15 where the KoE is introduce and a goddess appearing with the wind god in the epilogue were getting a short stories this will kill the tension just like with Mondaiji talk about deja vu.
Old 2014-02-05, 00:08   Link #9307
teejmo

^ Not really... I mean, the last book ended an arc, so now would be the perfect time to do some short story action for a light novel. Actually, the author could copy what happened in Highschool DxD with volume 14, where various short stories were inserted throughout the book as Ise and Co. were training. I mean, let's face it - the series is winding down and there really can't be too many gods met before the King returns. If the author wants a book of short stories, now is the time to do it.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 00:33   Link #9308
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm fine with short stories as long as they just put it between two main story volume and not consecutive two or three side story volumes

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 02:36   Link #9309
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

It's hard to decide, because we can go about it this way - right from the beginning of the first Lancelot Volume (when they meet Athena in eastern europe) is the KotE arc. If we think of it like that, then it's hard to say if the volume of short stories is actually inserted into the middle of it, or if its between separate arcs.
Old 2014-02-05, 11:00   Link #9310
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
SO, i finally caught up, just to bump into another short story collection to wait for. Oh well, any predictions on how much longer the author is gonna drag this series out? With the KotE making his first appearance, it seems we are going to enter the inevitable last story arc, which I personally think will spawn over 5-7 volumes. Going over 24-25 volumes imo would seem pointless with too many fillers I think. Mayhaps a few sidestories about Aisha, Luo Hao, JPS would be a welcome sight, but other than those, I believe the main focus will and should be on the developments of the KotE arc.

I'm eager for further developments (especially since i was thinking it was about time Goudou might engage in 3way kissing scenarios, which eventually happened in just that volume)
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 12:22   Link #9311
Trung-t-rung

Well, I'm not surprise if the author decide to drag things longer, there are still a lot of mystery and unsolved plot thread in the series.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:14   Link #9312
Kadi
知識の探求者

It depends on what the "White Armament" is that Godou is prophesied to get... if it's something of the KotE's, then the KotE won't be the end-boss and we have 1.5-2 arcs left. If it's something new, then it can be finished in 1 arc...

Content-wise, we still have room. Athena, Wind God, Melqart, Rematch vs Bobby, Third round vs Doni, Beating Alec to a pulp, Playing with Onee-sama, Return of Verethragna???... plus a new "big bad" once the KotE is down, maybe...

I'm rather concerned for the character development, though... the girls at least seem to be on their final development stretches and then... we'll see.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:33   Link #9313
teejmo

Oh yeah, Verethragna did say he wanted a rematch... that would be quite interesting. I would also love it if there was a little rivalry between the three "sisters" - Oneesama, the "little sister" and his actual little sister. That would be hilarious.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:38   Link #9314
goblehook

impossible
goblehook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:41   Link #9315
Vezon

I think the last arc would not be the KoTE, but the unraveling of the entire Campione vs. Heretic god system. After all even the KoTH sees no point in fighting campione anymore he just does it out of duty. For all we know Pandora might be a hidden villain or is that cliche?
Old 2014-02-05, 14:13   Link #9316
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Not that it's cliché. Pandora shouldn't be a villain, since she's not a Heretic God, but "a prim and proper godess" (who acts like a cheerleader and is a natural airhead). Well, that might turn out fun after all, but I seriously doubt it.

Also, don't forget - the true end to the series is not the defeat of either the King of the End, or the climax of a great war againtst Heretic Gods, but the showdown between the wives in pursuit of their immoral unfaithful husband at least, that'd be a minimum courtesy from the author, after putting together such an amazing series. I swear to God, if he dares to do something like "Yup, and the days of Kusanagi Godou's peaceful retirement are far away indeed" while the girls are bickering with still no love/sex/children/decisions about their places in the poligamy, then I'm gonna' head to Japan and bust a cap in his arse.
Old 2014-02-05, 21:39   Link #9317
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

^ Dude, I've pointed soooo many times that Pandora is so damn suspicious. I mean, who in the hell would be that cheerful when her supposed 'children' were being killed by Artus, and acted like that when she mentioned Artus back in... V4 I think. She might not be a villain, but she's hiding some secrets at least.

I'm holding you to that promise, because I can actually see it happening.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 03:11   Link #9318
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
^ Dude, I've pointed soooo many times that Pandora is so damn suspicious. I mean, who in the hell would be that cheerful when her supposed 'children' were being killed by Artus, and acted like that when she mentioned Artus back in... V4 I think. She might not be a villain, but she's hiding some secrets at least.

I'm holding you to that promise, because I can actually see it happening.
It's obvious that she's hiding something, since she (and Susano) said that there's an agreement in place, which blocks them from telling anything "unnecessary".
Also, she just might be enjoying herself (really), and Godou trusts her too (Campiones have supernatural instincts, remember?). She did say that Godou's a bit special compared to any of his kin up to his birth, which might be because he can't fight alone like the others, or perhaps because he usurped the authority of a special God (being an actual incarnation of victory itself, instead of sun, war, steel, etc). It's obvious that she fancies Godou, well, of course that might be just because of her maternal instincts however.
She did say he has to be careful not to overdo it and die like the rest of them on a battlefield somewhere, which in my opinion shows her concern. I may be looking too deep into this, but she might've even mentioned the King of the End to him to get him ready for an inevitable battle (she said even if he doesn't remember the exact words and things said, his fierce soul will remember that he has an adversary like that), which may be why he's jumping happily into situations inolving strong foes unconsciously to prepare himself for when the time comes.

Well, to sum it up, it's not that I don't think she hides things (since that's obvious), but I can't see her as a villain. Gods are bound to their own mythologies to some extent, and it's known from the story that godslayers are the illegitimate children of Epimetheus and Pandora (Epimetheus being the one who foolishly wasted the gifts of the mortal beings to the point where there was nothing left for humans, prompting his brother Prometheus to steal fire and give it to them, and Pandora being the one to unleash hardships on mankind, but also the one to give them hope). You can say that the evolution, wisdom and sturdiness, the unyielding nature of humans in the face of threats, both natural and supernatural, is the conclusion of this particular pair's "fooling around a bit too much" type of actions. Without them, humans might be another one of the animals running around in a forest naked. Well, that's how it goes imho.

One more thing. It's true that Heretic Gods don't give a flying damn about humans, but I personally think proper Gods don't either. True Lord Erlang didn't harm the girls, but beyond that, he didn't care about using them for his advantage (Kaoru and Ena), nor did he care about their pride, their opinion, etc etc. He just did as he liked, while playing around with them. Susano's (being a proper God, abandoning his Heretical ways) also suspiciously uninterested in the happenings of the humans. Probably, Pandora's like that too. To her, this whole Campione vs. Heretic Gods might just seem like a big football match, since her extinguished brothers and sisters (meaning the Heretic Gods) just return to their myths when killed, and don't really die, and her children (the Campiones) return to being souls when they die. Gods have a different wiew on "being alive" after all. But the team she cheerleads for is definetly the Campione side.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by RpR1337; 2014-02-06 at 03:27. Reason: Extra
Old 2014-02-06, 03:32   Link #9319
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

What? Last time I heard, the reason why Prometheus had to steal and give fire was because Zeus taken them due to Prometheus tricking the gods into taking fatty bones for sacrifice. Actually, from what I've seen, Prometheus is the more trickster of the two and Epimetheus... actually, I don't know what exactly he did.

Pandora, originally, was made to be a honey pot or something, IIRC. What really makes me curious is still Elpis. I mean, we have Pandora, who in the myths was supposed to be just a human honey pot made by the gods but definitely NOT a god (nor was she a hero--a demi-god, so that option's out) here being a god (a proper god compared to Heretic Gods while we're at that!) but we don't have Elpis. I have a theory is that Pandora isn't really Pandora but is Elpis, but there's the question of why she needs to do that. And let's not get to where Epimetheus himself are.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 03:53   Link #9320
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
What? Last time I heard, the reason why Prometheus had to steal and give fire was because Zeus taken them due to Prometheus tricking the gods into taking fatty bones for sacrifice. Actually, from what I've seen, Prometheus is the more trickster of the two and Epimetheus... actually, I don't know what exactly he did.

Pandora, originally, was made to be a honey pot or something, IIRC. What really makes me curious is still Elpis. I mean, we have Pandora, who in the myths was supposed to be just a human honey pot made by the gods but definitely NOT a god (nor was she a hero--a demi-god, so that option's out) here being a god (a proper god compared to Heretic Gods while we're at that!) but we don't have Elpis. I have a theory is that Pandora isn't really Pandora but is Elpis, but there's the question of why she needs to do that. And let's not get to where Epimetheus himself are.

If i remember well the whole Pandora mess was cause Epimetheus got tricked by the gods even though his brother warned him to be careful.Though it has been a few years since i last read greek myths so i may have got it wrong
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem