AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 17 Rating
Perfect 10 5 21.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 21.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-11-12, 21:02   Link #41
Chosen_Hero

I feel like many of these posts need to be behind spoiler tags considering most of us haven't read the volume yet.
Old 2016-11-12, 21:08   Link #42
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Not quite accurate, as Terra said, Touma has yet to realise how IB is meant to be used.
Maybe, he didn't know how to undo Phase changes when IB is capable of that. I'd still take Terra's words with a grain of salt.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 22:05   Link #43
DragonXX

I believe we will most likey get one more Mini-Story Arc like the Magic God Invasion Mini Arc(NT11-13) and World Rejecter Mini Arc(NT14-17) before we move onto another Big Story Arc like GRS Arc(OT12-OT22) or Gremlin Arc(NT1-10). The real question will be if the next Mini-Story Arc will be NT18-20 or NT18-21.

The real question is what will the next Mini-Story Arc be about because it seen the end of NT17 from spoiler doesn't have a flow like NT11-NT17 did which the Epilogues leading into the next book Story in someway or another or even a main enemy unless we are going to start the fight against Crowley and Laura.

One of my theory is NT18 will be about Seria and Touma past. I mean we can at least see the start of something new now that the Magic God are just going to stay in WR and Kamisato is leaving.

To be honest I am hype for NT18 because Kamachi is most likey moving onto something new now that the WR and Magic God stuff is over which leave us which a Giant ? to what he doing next for Index and I am hoping that the fact that he bring up OT16 in NT16 Afterword and saying how he wanted to make the problem of NT16 bigger then OT16 problem then maybe he will do the same for NT20 which would mean something bigger then WWIII.

What would any of you want for the next Mini-Story Arc now that the WR and Magic Gods stuff is over?

Last edited by DragonXX; 2016-11-13 at 05:46.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-12, 22:55   Link #44
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

For better or worse, js06.exe is running.
Old 2016-11-12, 23:01   Link #45
Loremaster
He who writes too much.

The important question. Does Touma feel guilt? Or better yet the sting of failure as it seems nothing was resolved. I feel that's important to know.
Loremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 00:26   Link #46
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
2) Reinforce Aleister Crowley as the main bad guy. Aleister had done nothing since the start of NT, and we had just gone through the Othinus arc showing what a Magic God was capable of. Kamachi needed to reestablish why Aleister is kind of a big deal so that he is a credible main bad guy, otherwise you'd have people saying: "why are people/the story making a big deal about Aleister when we had a reality warper destroy the world in the previous arc?".
I can agree on point 1 and 3, but definitely not 2.
As I have said before, Magic Gods become new boss enemies is not what I am expecting. But the discussion on phases by having them around.
Aleister can still easily be the main big bad with Magic Gods around, by having Magic Gods as his victim in his plan on wiping out magical phases.

This can also give the Kamisato arc more urgency. Like how Kamisato is dumping the Magic Gods away so Aleister can't cleanse the phase, which can give the conflict in Kamisato arc much more content, instead of Aleister's "it does't matter and I win" from this volume.

Ah yes, conflict, this is what I wanted to say. You need a good conflict to make a story interesting. But in a sense, NT at this point is devoid of conflict as regardless whatever we see, the bad guy is just going to win more.
This is where all "only the last few pages matter" whining came from. Because now the readers is now having this expectation that the story will just end up telling them how Aleister will just wins yet again despite all the effort of rest of the cast. And sadly, this expectation has been coming true like six volumes straight.
I... I can't say NT is a piece of good writing anymore if this keeps on happening.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 02:12   Link #47
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Um guys? I haven't read the volume yet so umm, can you have some things in spoiler tags?
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 03:07   Link #48
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Aeon View Post
Um guys? I haven't read the volume yet so umm, can you have some things in spoiler tags?

There should be another question. Why are you here ? Just come back when someone is done the translations.

The whole topic is vol17 "discussion" so people are discussing it, some of them might had read it since the volume is out for 3days now and are talking about it. But I see some speculations and other theories mixed in so its not all spoilers and such.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 11:25   Link #49
mashingan
魔神眼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I feel like many of these posts need to be behind spoiler tags considering most of us haven't read the volume yet.
Quote:
Even without spoiler tags, I'm having hard time to follow the discussion flow.

Uggh, I actually want to read the scene when Touma punch the enemy in the face
And his usual catchphrase that make him nicknamed as "Gensou Koroshi"

So this time will he punch Yuuitsu in the face?
mashingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-13, 13:15   Link #50
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't actually see bad spoilers, though? Some people put everything in spoilers but the general courtesy rule is to not spoil anything that hasn't been translated yet. As long as they actually follow that, they're not in the wrong for discussing novel material and again, I'm not too sure if you're expect a shitpost fest or something on a discussion forum of all things. It should be clear enough that the topic addressing the actually released novel as opposed to the speculation one is going to contain at least some amount of spoilers so while zibi88's way of saying it was a bit crude, it certainly isn't wrong.

It's either this, everyone posts nonsense or the thread dies and I prefer this so if any form of spoilers bother you I suggest you follow the example of people who don't read anything in this thread until they're caught-up.

But as a general reminder, yes, guys, at least try to be civil and keep the untranslated part of the novels under bloody spoilers when discussions heat up. If it's not translated, not everyone has to be kicked out from this thread just because they didn't know because they can't read Japanese. Don't take part in that kind of really weird exclusion of whoever doesn't fit in the group of people who either don't mind spoilers or have already read the Japanese novel on the heat of the moment.
Old 2016-11-13, 16:44   Link #51
LazyHunter

Spoiler for C1P4-5:
Old 2016-11-13, 22:23   Link #52
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

]
Spoiler for C1P4-5:
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-14, 01:44   Link #53
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Spoiler for ch1 pt7:
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-14, 02:38   Link #54
entei08

Magic Gods' reaction towards Kamisato was exactly like I thought it would. They are just going to beat into him some manners due to their pride, but otherwise was more 'yeah thanks anyway, but we have the perfect place to resume our hikki lifestyle now so gtfo please'. I'm a bit mixed about seeing Nep Nep pretty much had her entire development undone, but that was the logical outcome also.

Oh yeah, and Senpai remembers Akikawa now, good for her.

Last edited by entei08; 2016-11-14 at 02:58.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-14, 03:07   Link #55
itine
No Book No Live

New update from js06.exe already NT17 Chapter 2 part 5/17 (you need clear your browser's cookies if you have too) and some from a new pic from 灰村キヨタカ sites!

Spoiler for some of 灰村キヨタカ:
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-14, 04:03   Link #56
Chosen_Hero

Good volume so far, about the only thing that is pissing me off is the whole "we what Kamisato have done" thing Touma said, at the end of last volume that he said he was going to do things his own way, so why the hell is he trying to do things like Kamisato? Kamachi seriously needs to stop putting Kamisato on such a high pedestal. Touma didn't need to even say that line since that whole plan was par the course for how he usually does things.

At least I get the enjoyment of seeing Kaisato suffer, although I feel that he is getting off a bit too easy.
Old 2016-11-14, 06:51   Link #57
LazyHunter

Spoiler for C1P8-10:

Spoiler for C2P1-5:
Old 2016-11-14, 08:40   Link #58
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Good volume so far, about the only thing that is pissing me off is the whole "we what Kamisato have done" thing Touma said, at the end of last volume that he said he was going to do things his own way, so why the hell is he trying to do things like Kamisato? Kamachi seriously needs to stop putting Kamisato on such a high pedestal. Touma didn't need to even say that line since that whole plan was par the course for how he usually does things.

At least I get the enjoyment of seeing Kaisato suffer, although I feel that he is getting off a bit too easy.
I see it as Touma's way of keeping Fran in check, and it's working pretty well, the whole guilt trip thing.
Old 2016-11-14, 08:52   Link #59
LazyHunter

Also, given that very recently he saw Kakeru using tools and other stuff to fight despite having lost his special right hand, his train of thought probably went "IB can't help me here -> Kakeru did stuff without his right hand -> use materials nearby to improvise like Kakeru would have done in this situation".
Old 2016-11-14, 09:44   Link #60
entei08

As for Luca, I seriously did not expect the ever-changing part on her resume in the preview was regarding her physical appearance, I thought it meant she could use a whole variety of weapons or something.