AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 19:01   Link #1461
Lostdreams

I have a horrible feeling Sheryl might hit the dust. So far, there is no cure for her, and people think Ranka has the cure or something. She might have the cure, but idk I think Kawamori or whatever is going for a tragic ending.
Old 2008-09-04, 19:11   Link #1462
zalem

What's the name of the lovely new Sheryl song in ep. 22? Anyone know? Hope it's on the next sound track.
Old 2008-09-04, 19:11   Link #1463
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
I have a horrible feeling Sheryl might hit the dust. So far, there is no cure for her, and people think Ranka has the cure or something. She might have the cure, but idk I think Kawamori or whatever is going for a tragic ending.
I agree.

A bittersweet ending somewhat like Zero. I wouldn't doubt it due to the many parallels it shares with its predecessor OAV.

It's really depressing when you think about it.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-04, 19:24   Link #1464
aneeshadc

Dont! I didnt even consider her dying, I mean I'm sure they'll find her a cure, rite?This is an anime.
Damn! I guess not , I keep forgetting that kawamori tends to do things differently. I didnt consider the Zero parallels either, that just puts a damper on things again.
Old 2008-09-04, 19:51   Link #1465
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

It would be a very very poor finish if Sheryl has to die. You can't do that to one of the most charismatic and popular characters ever created in anime, this ain't right. I already said it before: kill the smallest or even the youngest one among a certain range of characters because you know it will be heartwrenching to anyone as it is in real life.

If you asked me, it would be utter disappointment if they kill Sheryl.
Old 2008-09-04, 19:56   Link #1466
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
It would be a very very poor finish if Sheryl has to die. You can't do that to one of the most charismatic and popular characters ever created in anime, this ain't right. I already said it before: kill the smallest or even the youngest one among a certain range of characters because you know it will be heartwrenching to anyone as it is in real life.

If you asked me, it would be utter disappointment if they kill Sheryl.
After watching so many k dramas, I have realized Anything can happen. I mean ANYTHING. Even Nanase realizing she loves Sheryl. I want to just point out, I'm gonna be very disappointed if Macross has a bleh ending.
Old 2008-09-04, 20:04   Link #1467
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
After watching so many k dramas, I have realized Anything can happen. I mean ANYTHING. Even Nanase realizing she loves Sheryl. I want to just point out, I'm gonna be very disappointed if Macross has a bleh ending.
Have faith. Considering Macross Frontier DVD will be releasing waaay into next year, do you think they want to piss off a large chunk of their fandom? Considering how much DVD and CD a "live" Sheryl can sell, you think they are gonna shoot the goose that lays the golden eggs? Whatever they do, I don't think they'll do something that'll leave a bad taste in a large chunk of their viewers' mouths.
Old 2008-09-04, 20:51   Link #1468
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Have faith. Considering Macross Frontier DVD will be releasing waaay into next year, do you think they want to piss off a large chunk of their fandom? Considering how much DVD and CD a "live" Sheryl can sell, you think they are gonna shoot the goose that lays the golden eggs? Whatever they do, I don't think they'll do something that'll leave a bad taste in a large chunk of their viewers' mouths.
Then why keep Sheryl on the verge of dying so late in the story while there are bigger cats to take care of? If you asked me, I really have a hard time to wait like that for a miracle cure to appear rather than having Klan and her own team find something so we can kick ass on Grace, Leon and his private army.

With 3 episodes left and judging from what leaked out in the magazines, how can we ever expect to have Sheryl and Ranka to sing Lion in duet with FULL STRENGTH as supposedly prophetized for the final battle? Kawamori can't play it so tight, it's impossible: at least one episode should be used for the only purpose of the final battle against the large number of enemies they have now.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2008-09-05 at 00:51. Reason: typo
Old 2008-09-04, 22:29   Link #1469
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Then why keep Sheryl on the verge of dying so late in the story while there are bigger cats to take care of? If you asked me, I really have a hard time to wait like that for a miracle cure to appear rather than having Klan and her own team find something so we can kick ass on Grace, Leon and his private army.

With 3 episodes left and judging from what leaked out in the magazines, how can we ever expect to have Sheryl and Ranka to sing Lion in duet will FULL STRENGTH as supposedly prophetized for the final battle? Kawamori can't play it so tight, it's impossible: at least one episode should be used for the only purpose of the final battle against the large number of enemies they have now.
Im assuming that the 'final battle' will be in episode 24 and episode 25 will be kinda like a timeskip for the series, and Sheryl being 'cured' in all
Old 2008-09-04, 22:36   Link #1470
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Im assuming that the 'final battle' will be in episode 24 and episode 25 will be kinda like a timeskip for the series, and Sheryl being 'cured' in all
I think so to. They will probably need an aftermath episode to tie up the loose threads and show the consequences of the choices all the characters make in the end (unless they mean to do a cliffhanger ending for a second season).
Old 2008-09-04, 22:56   Link #1471
Haninozuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
What's the name of the lovely new Sheryl song in ep. 22? Anyone know? Hope it's on the next sound track.
It's called Yousei (Fairy).
Old 2008-09-04, 23:22   Link #1472
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Hm, I think they'll actually go with the typical two episode spread finale with the OP music killed off and OP credits rolling with the animation mid-war.
Old 2008-09-05, 00:27   Link #1473
magnuskn

Quote:

With 3 episodes left and judging from what leaked out in the magazines, how can we ever expect to have Sheryl and Ranka to sing Lion in duet will FULL STRENGTH as supposedly prophetized for the final battle? Kawamori can't play it so tight, it's impossible: at least one episode should be used for the only purpose of the final battle against the large number of enemies they have now.
Sheryls sickness has her having the same weird Vajra-bugs ( those with the crystals ) in her blood, which Ranka has. Only that Ranka isnīt affected adversely by them.

So itīll probably be Ranka who saves Sheryls life by magic blood transfusion or whatever. That will have to be Rankas "grow up" moment, because if Sheryl lives, Ranka has to let Alto completely go.

At least that is my interpretation.
Old 2008-09-05, 01:16   Link #1474
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

In any case, I hate when things go down to the wire.

Notice that I was not only talking of Sheryl, but also the potential role she will have to do with Ranka to end the war with the new ability Sheryl is currently developing, the same which Ranka has to control the Vajra. Nonetheless, we have bigger problems to deal with Leon, the N.U.N.S. and Grace... How would you expect to end it all in a satisfying manner within the next 3 episodes?

From other series I know, they keep at least one or two episodes as a buffer for a final battle AFTER solving other problems around beforehand. If not, it will be tough to end things correctly.
Old 2008-09-05, 03:29   Link #1475
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Sheryl is sporting a package. *smirk*
Old 2008-09-05, 04:43   Link #1476
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In any case, I hate when things go down to the wire.

Notice that I was not only talking of Sheryl, but also the potential role she will have to do with Ranka to end the war with the new ability Sheryl is currently developing, the same which Ranka has to control the Vajra. Nonetheless, we have bigger problems to deal with Leon, the N.U.N.S. and Grace... How would you expect to end it all in a satisfying manner within the next 3 episodes?

From other series I know, they keep at least one or two episodes as a buffer for a final battle AFTER solving other problems around beforehand. If not, it will be tough to end things correctly.
Well the preview on episode 23 looks like Grace is getting ready for battle, either in episode 23 or the next we can see her downfall or something, prolly same with Leon

And, Ranka is already returning in the preview *shurgs*, maybe this will lead to Sheryl's cure.
Old 2008-09-05, 04:56   Link #1477
magnuskn

Quote:
And, Ranka is already returning in the preview *shurgs*, maybe this will lead to Sheryl's cure.
She is? Can you post a screenshot of that? I didnīt see it in the preview at all. Could be because of being ga-ga over the Sheryl X Alto development, though.
Old 2008-09-05, 05:00   Link #1478
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
She is? Can you post a screenshot of that? I didnīt see it in the preview at all. Could be because of being ga-ga over the Sheryl X Alto development, though.
I meant to say returning like 're-apearing' in the next episode

It seems that she is still in Brera's ship and remembering her childhood memories.
Old 2008-09-05, 05:02   Link #1479
blewin

I don't think Sheryl will die. The fans won't let it happen, the director won't let it happen. Besides the melancholy undertone of the series, it errs on a happy ending.
Old 2008-09-05, 05:09   Link #1480
magnuskn

Quote:
I meant to say returning like 're-apearing' in the next episode

It seems that she is still in Brera's ship and remembering her childhood memories.
Ah, okay. The timing would have been strange, shouldnīt be until the midst to end of 24 before she comes back to Frontier.

Tags
characters