Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Alright, since the spec thread is closed for good, I'll post this here:

Code Geass R2 episode 25 - FINAL
Spoiler for 2chan thread for CG R2 ep25:
Rules:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink.

When the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (meaning: the screenshots), the broken urls lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a type of content that goes against Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks, whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: link disposed of. Go to Omniscient's blog for your screencaps fix or, better even, get your hands on the raws

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-09-28 at 04:14. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:08   Link #1342
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So apparently Code Geass won the Anime Kobe Award for TV Series again. I'm not sure if it's really fair that R2 qualifies as being a second and thus eligible series and the judges were horribly biased towards it to begin with (Animage, Newtype and Animedia magazine) since they all have an interest in the show. Triangler winning for song is just ugh. Why do these things always seem to give music awards to songs that I absolutely cannot stand.

By the way, the Anime Kobe awards seem like an Otaku pleaser show to me to be perfectly honest.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:21   Link #1343
pingva

Triangler won? - strange, I don't like it.
Code geass R2 won? - strange, in my eyes seaon one deserved to be the winner, but season two - no
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 04:26   Link #1344
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Triangler won? - strange, I don't like it.
Code geass R2 won? - strange, in my eyes seaon one deserved to be the winner, but season two - no
It really shouldn't qualify, that's the problem I have. I mean I like the show of course, but it's just not fair and I attribute it's allowance into the competition to the biases of Newtype/Animage etc. One win was enough and should technically count for the full series anyway, so I say let another show get the recognition.

Then again, Japan seems to have trouble with fairness in these award type shows (See Rie Kugimiya's win for "Best Supporting Actress" for Nagi Sanzenin in last years 2nd Annual Seiyuu awards) so I wouldn't really worry about it too much. It's mostly ceremony and publicity and I just though I'd pass on the news.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 20:09   Link #1345
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Really. People just jump at everything they can to bitch at the series. And blaming their own blindness and carelessness on "plot holes" or "errors".

Not that show isn't without its plot-holes or errors. Thankfully they aren't numerous though just a few scattered things.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 21:48   Link #1346
zalem

For all its problems I still think CG deserves the award.

Now Triangler....ugh...god I HATE that song. I don't know why it won anything. Does that "theme" award count ED songs too? Cause if it does then it should have gone to Diamond Crevasse or Northern Cross. Definitely not Triangler.
Old 2008-10-01, 22:13   Link #1347
darthfury78

I wonder if Sunrise will allow the creators the chance to do a movie or another TV series of Code Geass? The more popular/successful the show is, the more freedom the creative staff gets at doing another Code Geass project. I would love to see them do Code Geass as an alternate universe type setting of R2, which could be the original planned version that was edited/altered. Although, it would have to have a completely different plot because it would not make any sense to repeat the same events of R2. Sort like what they did with Mai Hime. I doubt that they would do that. But I heard that the staff were not happy with the current version of Code Geass R2. So it could happen. There is certainly enough support for it.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 22:35   Link #1348
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I wonder if Sunrise will allow the creators the chance to do a movie or another TV series of Code Geass? The more popular/successful the show is, the more freedom the creative staff gets at doing another Code Geass project. I would love to see them do Code Geass as an alternate universe type setting of R2, which could be the original planned version that was edited/altered. Although, it would have to have a completely different plot because it would not make any sense to repeat the same events of R2. Sort like what they did with Mai Hime. I doubt that they would do that. But I heard that the staff were not happy with the current version of Code Geass R2. So it could happen. There is certainly enough support for it.
No darth, no, even if they were to redo the whole series on the matter Milley still have about next to no chance whatsoever, give up already, she was just never that improtant >_>
Old 2008-10-02, 13:54   Link #1349
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
So, out of curiosity.
Does anyone know about when to expect the latest Newtype and other magazines to be released? It is usually the first Friday of that month, or just within the first 10 or so days?

I remember last month they didn't come out until after the episode aired on the 7th. Made sense or otherwise it would of spoiled Kallen and Lelouch's kiss.
It feels pretty good Kallen and Lelouch got the last real kiss of the series. Her kiss had the best mood to and they teased up to it for most of the second season.
That's got to count for something. Not to mention she wears the key to her Guren so openly for all to see. That was Lelouch's gift to her.
Old 2008-10-02, 17:58   Link #1350
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I was thinking about something..... we never saw Nonette during the final arc....................... Or did I miss something?
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 18:07   Link #1351
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I was thinking about something..... we never saw Nonette during the final arc....................... Or did I miss something?
Nope. She was probably fighting in another area if she was still alive.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 18:18   Link #1352
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Actually her existance was a fabrication of Charles Geass, that lasted until Turn 21. On Turn 22, Jeremiah having ungeassed the assistance, was revealed the true last KoR, Dorothea who was on a covert mission, and who needed an alias on the payroll.

Since she was in a covert mission devoid of any KMF use for 2 years, she had no training in 7th generation KMF, so that's why she was in a Sutherland, and was so easily killed!
Old 2008-10-02, 18:31   Link #1353
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Eh, the only reason Nonnette was even placed in R2 is because of Lost Colors. Had they not put her in, fans who have played Lost Colors would demand to know why she wasn't present among the Knights of the Rounds.

And Dorothea was added because they needed one more Knight of Round for Suzaku to kill, and Nonnette, having a backstory, was off-limits.
Old 2008-10-02, 18:38   Link #1354
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
Nope. She was probably fighting in another area if she was still alive.
That or she's off being all Love,Love with Rai from Lost Colors.

One this I did notice about the finale. The only girl Lelouch openly admitted he loves is his sister. He said it to her twice. Sadly, the second time was when she wouldn't remember. I'm sure she got the picture eventually.

I'm doubting the finale was altered as to not tick off any particular fan base. Remember when Lelouch was naming off those he lost. It was Rolo, Nunnally, Shirley, and the Black Knight. Even Shirley recognized that he didn't mean it when he said he liked her. I'm sure her death had a profound effect on him, because she as an innocent in the matter. She had no part in that battle, but still died for it.
I noticed at the time when Lelouch was naming the things he had lost he never mentioned C.C. or Kallen. You can't say he was just naming off those who had died, because the Black Knights weren't dead. At the time he thought C.C. was lost forever.

Got to say I'm soooooo happy my theory on how this series was going to end was so off.
I didn't want to say anything, because I didn't want anyone to lose heart. I was worried he was going to give C.C. her happy death and take her Code, and then use a FLEIJA bomb to remove himself from the world. I doubt you can revive if there is nothing left to revive.
I was pleased I was wrong about that.

Though from the way the writer and the director was talking. I was expecting more of an 'end' feel. This felt far more open.
Old 2008-10-02, 18:42   Link #1355
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Such character does not exist (some what sarcasistic but serious)
Old 2008-10-02, 22:27   Link #1356
lovecakecookies

I remember we were given 4 shots for the final episode before it aired.. did all those shots appear in the final episode?
Old 2008-10-02, 22:28   Link #1357
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I remember we were given 4 shots for the final episode before it aired.. did all those shots appear in the final episode?
Yes, they appeared.
Old 2008-10-03, 12:16   Link #1358
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Eh, the only reason Nonnette was even placed in R2 is because of Lost Colors. Had they not put her in, fans who have played Lost Colors would demand to know why she wasn't present among the Knights of the Rounds.

And Dorothea was added because they needed one more Knight of Round for Suzaku to kill, and Nonnette, having a backstory, was off-limits.

And to think that Nonette Enneagram was one of my favorite characters. It's too bad that they rush through this season because I would have loved to have seen more of her and the reason why Cornelia feared her.

I hope that they create more Code Geass games like Lost Colors with character that they were not able to use. I think that Code Geass should become a manga or a novel that is written and produced by the staff of the TV series, with art work by CLAMP.

Code Geass has so much potential to tell a story that is as rich and diverse as Gundam.
Old 2008-10-03, 12:20   Link #1359
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So apparently Code Geass won the Anime Kobe Award for TV Series again. I'm not sure if it's really fair that R2 qualifies as being a second and thus eligible series and the judges were horribly biased towards it to begin with (Animage, Newtype and Animedia magazine) since they all have an interest in the show. Triangler winning for song is just ugh. Why do these things always seem to give music awards to songs that I absolutely cannot stand.

By the way, the Anime Kobe awards seem like an Otaku pleaser show to me to be perfectly honest.
This might tempt Sunrise to allow the creative staff to do another series of Code Geass. This type of admiration only adds fuel to the fire.
Old 2008-10-03, 13:26   Link #1360
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
This might tempt Sunrise to allow the creative staff to do another series of Code Geass. This type of admiration only adds fuel to the fire.
When it's over, except for the remaining Sound Episodes and Picture Dramas, by Word of God?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote