AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.36%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-17, 12:50   Link #21
mayumi

Everytime I hear Amata talk about destiny and fight it, I want to smack him so hard.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:56   Link #22
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Everytime I hear Amata talk about destiny and fight it, I want to smack him so hard.
It is getting really irritating.
Old 2012-06-17, 13:06   Link #23
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
It is getting really irritating.
Spoiler for 25:
Old 2012-06-17, 13:28   Link #24
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Spoiler for 25:
This is why Fudo tells their love story sucks.

Anyway, this episode pleases me with the Apollonius reveal.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-17, 13:36   Link #25
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This is why Fudo tells their love story sucks.

Anyway, this episode pleases me with the Apollonius reveal.
Honestly? The episode was solid for the first 15 minutes and would have been pretty good if Amata and Kagura had kept fighting through their rage, but the moment Mikono got brought up it just turned into same old, same old.

Though, at this point, I'm pretty sure Zessica needed to get the broken heart to enable Mykage's entrance. Just look at what he did this episode. If he can just take a body at will whenever, he could have taken just about anyone, stolen Mikono, and mind broken Kagura. All he needed was a body.
Old 2012-06-17, 13:38   Link #26
bastek66

This joke is too old.
Old 2012-06-17, 13:44   Link #27
Thess

Quote:
Honestly? The episode was solid for the first 15 minutes and would have been pretty good if Amata and Kagura had kept fighting through their rage, but the moment Mikono got brought up it just turned into same old, same old.

Though, at this point, I'm pretty sure Zessica needed to get the broken heart to enable Mykage's entrance. Just look at what he did this episode. If he can just take a body at will whenever, he could have taken just about anyone, stolen Mikono, and mind broken Kagura. All he needed was a body.
Mikono, Amata and Kagura are just pawns to get what Mykage wants (so is Zessica's suffering). That's the end of their importance of their love story: a shallow plot device. That's why their battle was irrelevant since the beginning. They all did what he wanted.

EVOL is all about Mykage's epic butthurt. That explains why he's the only focus character who isn't badly written.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-17, 13:44   Link #28
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Spoiler for 25:
That's why I laugh whenever Amata says anything about fate. Whether it be fighting against it or whatever.

Amata: "I love Mikono-san and I will fight for her!" But she gets stolen again. I've always thought Amata was too vanilla and there wasn't anything to really make you get behind him, but now he's just getting annoying. Turning into Shu 2.0

Evol has been disappointing but now it's getting downright laughable. Someone said it best, Evol is an entertaining mess now.

And Thess hit the nail on the head. But I will say a good amount of the supporting cast are likable and well done.

Last edited by KleenexGhost; 2012-06-17 at 13:56.
Old 2012-06-17, 13:52   Link #29
mayumi

The real story is between Mykage-Zessica and Fudo. Its a game between Mykage and Fudo, how long will Fudo play this game and how many times will Fudo put the world in danger cause Mykage's soul is always hurt.

Touma made peace 12000 yrs ago only to realize that he was tricked into thinking Apollo was Apollonius. Mykage doesn't even hold a grude against Celiane's reincarnation even went to body gattai with her and Fudo and Amagura could care less.

Its probably going to end with Fudo showing up and releasing Mikono, Kagura and Zessica. Then Apollonius shows up and mans up and faces Touma like he should. Oh we will also get Apollo cause Amagura will likely merge and have a happy ending with Mikono. Zessica? she will either die or live and forget everything about Amata-Mikono and everything that happened.
Old 2012-06-17, 14:14   Link #30
ZetaAEUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
That's why I laugh whenever Amata says anything about fate. Whether it be fighting against it or whatever.

Amata: "I love Mikono-san and I will fight for her!" But she gets stolen again. I've always thought Amata was too vanilla and there wasn't anything to really make you get behind him, but now he's just getting annoying. Turning into Shu 2.0

Evol has been disappointing but now it's getting downright laughable. Someone said it best, Evol is an entertaining mess now.
Code Geass R2 was an entertaining trainwreck/mess. EVOL is just a massive disappointment, and I hope the dvd/bluray sales really reflect that.

Otherwise, it's really hard to take EVOL seriously with the revelation that Apollonius is Zen. The whole conflict between the two worlds is just because of Mykage's frustration and Zen's refusal to give him some sort of closure by apologizing. It's like it's literally a game for Fudo to have all these little battles for something as petty as him avoiding making amends to his ex-fiancé.
Old 2012-06-17, 14:18   Link #31
tsunade666

This episode.....

Spoiler:

sighs....

why can't I just click 1 and get over it. I even rate it as 7 which surprised me again when I'm looking back at the episode.
Old 2012-06-17, 14:23   Link #32
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaAEUG View Post
Code Geass R2 was an entertaining trainwreck/mess. EVOL is just a massive disappointment, and I hope the dvd/bluray sales really reflect that.
They will sell until Jin and Yunoha arc is over. Later they go down.
Old 2012-06-17, 15:02   Link #33
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

ZetaAEUG: True, this show had so much potential and just fell flat on it's face.

Just one more episode.
Old 2012-06-17, 15:25   Link #34
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

This means that from the start, Aquarion was never about love so great, it would span 12000 years.

Its about a guy who broke up with his boyfriend for a girl and after 12000 years gave up his girlfriend to a dog so that he can play with his ex-boyfriend again.

Those people who never watched any of Aquarion and loved the 1st OP so much, they would hate to know that the song is completely meaningless.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-17, 15:36   Link #35
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
This means that from the start, Aquarion was never about love so great, it would span 12000 years.

Its about a guy who broke up with his boyfriend for a girl and after 12000 years gave up his girlfriend to a dog so that he can play with his ex-boyfriend again.

Those people who never watched any of Aquarion and loved the 1st OP so much, they would hate to know that the song is completely meaningless.
No. The first OP was about Touma's love for Apollonius. It was their love song. The one who kept loving after so long was poor Touma. His love soured and that became Mykage.

That had nothing to do with a human girl in the first place.

Apollonius has some explaining to do to his fiancé.

Old 2012-06-17, 15:54   Link #36
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
No. The first OP was about Touma's love for Apollonius. It was their love song. The one who kept loving after so long was poor Touma. His love soured and that became Mykage.

That had nothing to do with a human girl in the first place.

Apollonius has some explaining to do to his fiancé.
I would argue that it was about the love between Apollonius and Celiane.

All the while from the 1st episode they've been telling us that Apollonius and Celiane are lovers fated to reunite after 12000 years. Hinting to us Apollo is Apollonius and Sylvia being the half of Celiane develops a romance with him.

The only characters in the show to develop a proper romance turns out to be not what the story is about? A song about love that can't be taken apart even after 12000 years is not about the love between two people, but one sided love from Touma? I don't think that is correct.

This sequel is about completely taking apart the original, making what happened 12000 years ago a joke. Main character is a dog who wanted another man's woman, the said man is a guy who plays with love as well as another guy who got dumped and couldn't get over it even after 24000 years.

Old 2012-06-17, 17:03   Link #37
Amata Sora

WOW
Kawatrolled again. I feel like I saw it coming this time. So , then will we have a Pedo-Fudo ending?
Old 2012-06-17, 17:27   Link #38
Destined_Fate

Ugh... Zessica, the death flag is looming. They really don't care anymore about anything but Amata and Mikono. Even than this episode has done nothing to make them work as the End Game. If anything it has only made Amata x Mikono even more repulsive and I didn't think that was possible. What are the writers smoking?
Old 2012-06-17, 17:34   Link #39
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, the writers successfully destroyed every character who reincarnated, there's no hope left.

Apollonius and Fudo, from godly awesome beings to trolls who played around with love.
Touma and Mykage, from a fabulous villian to someone who wanted revenge for being dumped.
Celiane and Silvia/ Sirius, a powerful warrior, became a weak character and the center of all the fail.
Apollo, a hot blooded warrior became a dog who just wanted to steal someone else's love.

Old 2012-06-17, 17:38   Link #40
queenSwild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
This joke is too old.
In an interview, Kawamori said that the fans were angry that Andy & MIX didn't gattai ages ago. This is like a "f*ck you" to every last one of them. xD

But ah well. Atleast they're safe and sound.
Closed Thread