AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-17, 21:15   Link #14181
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Question please.... l was just wondering, base on what l'm seeing and reading in the manga, doujinshi, and anime, adpataton..... Is Nanoha a lesbian or has some any lesbian relationship???? No, offense, l'm just seeing many anime characters being link to her...
Old 2010-11-17, 21:20   Link #14182
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

not that can of worms again...
Old 2010-11-17, 21:20   Link #14183
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
Question please.... l was just wondering, base on what l'm seeing and reading in the manga, doujinshi, and anime, adpataton..... Is Nanoha a lesbian or has some any lesbian relationship???? No, offense, l'm just seeing many anime characters being link to her...
Regardless of what the NanoFate community will tell you.

No.

Nanoha is NOT a lesbian. Then again, she's not confirmed to be straight either. She could be straight, gay or bi. We don't know.

She is not in any sort of romantic relationship with anyone, just friends.

In fact, the only confirmed pairings in this series have been completely heterosexual.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-11-17, 21:22   Link #14184
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
She could be a lesbian. Nothing has been confirmed, likely never will. It's left open to what you want to believe.
Old 2010-11-17, 21:33   Link #14185
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
So why does Seven Arcs continue to be coy on this? Are they that afraid of moral backlash if they officially out Nanoha's sexual preferences? Or is it because they want to try and keep their hooks in the purses of the Yuunoha fans?

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2010-11-17, 21:39   Link #14186
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

They wont ever confirm her to be straight because it's not what most fans want, and they're probably not going to confirm her a lesbian because if they ever do, fans would expect them to relish on this aspect more and less on the pewpew...And Tsuzuki only knows how to pewpew.

That's what I think, at least. However, Fate's got the hots for Nanoha...
Old 2010-11-17, 21:45   Link #14187
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
They wont ever confirm her to be straight because it's not what most fans want, and they're probably not going to confirm her a lesbian because if they ever do, fans would expect them to relish on this aspect more and less on the pewpew...And Tsuzuki only knows how to pewpew.

That's what I think, at least.
But the Pew Pew is more fun!

Old 2010-11-17, 21:45   Link #14188
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Sometimes, an illusion is far more beautiful as one.

Look at Venus de Milo for example.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-17, 21:50   Link #14189
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
So why does Seven Arcs continue to be coy on this? Are they that afraid of moral backlash if they officially out Nanoha's sexual preferences? Or is it because they want to try and keep their hooks in the purses of the Yuunoha fans?
Hooks. Soooooo much hooks. Not just the Yuunoha fans, the NanoFate fans too... nothing makes fans get bored of a relationship faster than taking the 'Will-They-Won't-They' out and confirming it.
Old 2010-11-17, 21:50   Link #14190
mielipuoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Sometimes, an illusion is far more beautiful as one.
Truer words, Nightengale.
Old 2010-11-17, 21:53   Link #14191
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Contrary to popular belief, not every series has to have people pair up. There are people who are perfectly happy being single.

Quote:
No moral backlash. Keep in mind that Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon both preceded Nanoha. CCS had gay and lesbian relationships, and even a kid with a teacher. Sailor Moon had a lesbian relationship between two of the sailors. And they both aired during normal hours.

Nanoha aired much later at night, so if they wanted to do a lesbian relationship, they wouldn't have had any problems. So why don't they? There are several possible reasons:

1. My main theory is that the focus of Nanoha has always been about family and familial relationships. Not only that, but ad hoc family makups, as if to say, "These are all valid ways to be a family, and none of them need to rely on romantic relationships." In fact, a romantic relationship would detract from the family aspects. So Nanoha and Fate are more sisterly than anything else, and when Nanoha adopts Vivio, Fate also steps in to help because she's Nanoha's best friend and likes children.

2. Trolling the fandom. They probably get a kick out of putting in subtext, teasing various shippers with material, and then jerking it away. Like Nanoha and Yuuno talking and blushing, and then he disappears. Or Nanoha and Fate seemingly becoming two mommies, and then Fate says she wants to take long term missions to not interfere in Nanoha's family. So if you let yourself get jerked, you only have yourself to blame.

3. They probably planned Nanoha/Yuuno from early on(you can tell by how Yuuno openly feels about her early on), then saw Fate's fanbase grow huge, and that fanbase preferred Nanoha/Fate. They want to sell stuff, so they decided, "Well, if we can't do Nanoha/Yuuno, we just won't do any main character pairing, so as to milk these guys for their cash." It's almost a subset of trolling, but more like a change of plans. If this is what they truly intend, then when Nanoha finally winds down, you'll see her shack up with Yuuno at the end. This is further supported by the only romantic pairings being heterosexual, so odds are the creators don't particularly like lesbian relationships, so they only ever hint at the possibility at most.

Based on this, my advice is to just don't get too emotionally involved in pairings. Focus on the story and the family relationships, because otherwise you'll just end up a rabid fanatic and/or end up disappointed.

You can partly see this with Vivid and Force. Vivid seems made to pander to the Yuri fans... and yet no yuri is taking place at all. Force seems to be the real continuation, which has a more intense plot... and the only new romantic relationship is heterosexual.

Remember, Tsuzuki is a fan of Super Robot Wars. Nanoha is really a shounen/mecha series, where the girls are substituted for giant robots. Giant robots don't get it on with each other; at best, it's a Nekama-like (unless it's Idolmaster Xenoglossia... >.>)

Edit:

#4. I agree with the hooks. The "Will-they-or-won't-they" feeling, to suspense, keeps people watching just for the small chance that maybe, just maybe, Elmer Fudd will catch that wascally wabbit this time. Or the coyote will catch the roadrunner. It's a trick as old as time, and is why so many romance manga end when the couple finally hooks up. It's the hope that precedes that, that keeps people watching.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2010-11-17 at 22:50.
Old 2010-11-17, 22:57   Link #14192
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Giant robots don't get it on with each other;
*looks at the jokes made of Nadleeh stripping off its Virtue armour for the Dynames to use its big long gun skillfully...*

What?
Old 2010-11-17, 22:59   Link #14193
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Giant robots don't get it on with each other;
SHHH! Don't tell Ryusei that!

Old 2010-11-17, 23:21   Link #14194
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

And don't forget the otaku demographics discussion from over in the image thread recently--there are darned good reasons directly related to Seven Arcs' ability to sell DVDs and movie tickets and CDs and figures and body pillows and other stuff why pairing off moe main characters with anybody in a non-romance series is a bad plan. Waaaaay to many Japanese (read: "paying customer") fans OTP is "Myself/Fate."
Old 2010-11-17, 23:31   Link #14195
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
... so they only ship NanoFate because Nanoha is a placeholder until the technology to insert themselves into the anime and claim their 'waif' is created?

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2010-11-17, 23:44   Link #14196
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

When that technology is invented, the world is doomed. No one would ever want to live in the real world again.
Old 2010-11-17, 23:50   Link #14197
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
... so they only ship NanoFate because Nanoha is a placeholder until the technology to insert themselves into the anime and claim their 'waif' is created?
They want Holodecks?

Old 2010-11-18, 00:25   Link #14198
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
And don't forget the otaku demographics discussion from over in the image thread recently--there are darned good reasons directly related to Seven Arcs' ability to sell DVDs and movie tickets and CDs and figures and body pillows and other stuff why pairing off moe main characters with anybody in a non-romance series is a bad plan. Waaaaay to many Japanese (read: "paying customer") fans OTP is "Myself/Fate."
Quote:
Yeah, that technology would pretty much lead to downfall of civilization as we know it

However, I think what Dezo is saying is that since romance is sort of secondary to the main plot in Nanoha, they've realized it can be better to have NO canon pairings whatsoever involving moe characters. (If Nanoha was a placeholder, NanoFate would be canon.) This way these characters are still officially "single", and still can become waifus of fans without breaking a canon pairing. Yeah, it's a weird industry .
Old 2010-11-18, 00:40   Link #14199
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
2. Trolling the fandom. They probably get a kick out of putting in subtext, teasing various shippers with material, and then jerking it away. Like Nanoha and Yuuno talking and blushing, and then he disappears. Or Nanoha and Fate seemingly becoming two mommies, and then Fate says she wants to take long term missions to not interfere in Nanoha's family. So if you let yourself get jerked, you only have yourself to blame.
I'm not that interested on pairings in Nanoha, but i still feel very dissapointed and become rabid and fanatic over a character(Signum) not for any "romantic" feeling but for another reasons, still i hold this point as true and i'm the only one to blame. Tsuzuki is a troll indeed.

Quote:
Based on this, my advice is to just don't get too emotionally involved in pairings. Focus on the story and the family relationships, because otherwise you'll just end up a rabid fanatic and/or end up disappointed.
Yup, pretty much part of my recovery is to stop thinking of "Signum the invincible legend" and more on "Signum the Cool Big Sister of the Wolkenritter" with all the hype over her sliced to shreds i've started to watch over other aspects of her character and i hope that at least that be Tsuzuki's plan, to explore the new more human and vulnerable Signum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
When that technology is invented, the world is doomed. No one would ever want to live in the real world again.
Like Chobits xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-18, 02:56   Link #14200
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Marketing strategy. They know it sells in multitude, and they will keep it that way until it doesn't work anymore. If they go either way they'll potentially lose money. Business thinking.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen