AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-04-05, 04:18   Link #21
Lionhaart

Well ..I kinda like this novel but sometimes when novel gets too plain you can add additional elements like romance to make it interesting again but author really plans to tease readers with "no romance " ==

All in all it's pretty fine novel for me~
Lionhaart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-05, 15:28   Link #22
sasuke706

I haven't read this in forever but you're telling me he still hasn't met that dragon priestess whatever he was told he was fated with?
Or is it that he met her and there's no romance even then?

The NAISEI stuff bored me too much so that when I finally got through it I didn't have the energy to read the adventure stuff.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 00:43   Link #23
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

He meets her and no romance at all; he buys her as a slave from another reincarnator (who is a super bore ass character with lame motivations, goals and modus operandi). She is pretty and comes along with a twin sister--- but no shimaidon hints nor anything even. If you think that's unforgivable, check this : Broad and Lionel regain their youths and lose that delicious ossan flavour.

The MC is dedicated to his lame mission of unsealing the dragons and he later changes his main job (which is guaranteed to make the series more boring since it's an op job).

The only thing that happened was that it was said that pope-chan is NG (far from good news in my book).
Old 2017-04-06, 01:03   Link #24
The One Above God
Kamijou

Oh boy, I hope the LN makes some changes...if this ever gets a manga someday, I hope that becomes the case. I want more Lumina.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 01:14   Link #25
Valky
Radioactive

Mm. It's a good thing I haven't read this since quite a long time ago.

The Object X drink stuff was fun when it started, however it doesn't seem to get interesting later based on the circulating spoilers. Meh, time to remove it from the bookmark.
Old 2017-04-06, 16:56   Link #26
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
and he later changes his main job (which is guaranteed to make the series more boring since it's an op job).
IMO it already boring from the get go.
First thing that killing my mood was the author introduce rpg leveling system BUT make the mc OP by drinking object x. WTF the status rise are LOT LOT HIGHER just from skill enhance, level 1 priest enough to trample high classes undead mon, on top of that zombie dragon... Totally ruin the point of leveling system.

Reading this and comparing it to mmorpg like ragnarok online will make you feel the system in this WN so stupid. Just say, a level 1 Acolyte/Priest can beat the hell out of osiris.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 01:21   Link #27
mufarasu

Eh, I liked it in the beginning with the healer learning to fight, but I felt that around after the first dungeon it quickly became a chore to read thorough. Dull and generic.

The only thing its got going for it is that the MC is not a retard like most JP MC, and the female characters actually have character. No bullshit harem too.
mufarasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 13:15   Link #28
Lionhaart

Lmao who added old man seeker in tags damn xD

You know something is wrong when there is no romance or stuff
Either it is exaggerated bromance or old man romance routes
Old 2017-04-07, 16:05   Link #29
Asuka'
Nin Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufarasu View Post
Eh, I liked it in the beginning with the healer learning to fight, but I felt that around after the first dungeon it quickly became a chore to read thorough. Dull and generic.

The only thing its got going for it is that the MC is not a retard like most JP MC, and the female characters actually have character. No bullshit harem too.
IMO secluding himself within adv guild for a whole year is retard enough.
And he still the same as most JP MC, buying and willing to release slaves. The story feels more uncomfortable to read after he became S ranker priest, since then i mostly skim the text wall and only read whenever they have dialogue.
Asuka' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-12, 06:21   Link #30
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The story is finally moving forward. Also no more being "kicked around by others", it seems.

And it seems the Class/Job of someone heavily influences their personality. When Luciel was just a healer, he had a rather meek personality and only did everything he could to prevent his own death - kind of like what a "healer" does - and other than that he pretty much always went with the flow.
Now after he got the sage Class/Job he started scheming a lot and even started to call others naive. He suddenly does resemble the image of someone called "sage" after coming back down from the floating city.
Old 2017-11-23, 06:45   Link #31
Lionhaart

anyone alive?

did this novel reach romance or not? or is author still pairing him up with old baldy men?
Old 2018-02-28, 04:32   Link #32
s.a.w..

Why not the pope! Why must she be alone! He even said that she’s totally his type. Was it definite nope, or was it her saying that she gets to choose his fated one(or something else)?
s.a.w.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-20, 05:13   Link #33
VooXoo

I'm reading the manga for this serie.
The latest chapter is him preparing to leave the holy capital.
Official translation, the chapters are big and full of content, is a nice serie.
I thought MC wasn't levelling up for his focus on training and maybe the undeads not being EXp material because only living beings gave it, instead it was for his habit...
Well, his training made him able to increase the stats without the danger of real battle, a level up in that world probably is a instant stat increase, doubt is % based because he would become a monster with a couple levels ups that way.
I'm guessing he will be several times stronger than a normal level 10 of that world, but I like how he got that way thanks to hard work instead of the usual deus ex machina of him casually (example) making a a avalanche happen and it kills a lot of monsters that give him exp and shoot him at S Rank in one go.
Don't like the nicknames, and when he told them to make a better one it was still crap.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-29, 12:41   Link #34
Hata
時の異邦人

isn't this licensed under the title "The Great Cleric"?
Old 2022-01-29, 13:11   Link #35
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
isn't this licensed under the title "The Great Cleric"?
Yes, it is. J-Novel Club has the license. Thread prefix has been updated. All rules regarding licensed material now in effect.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diligent protagonist, game elements, loli old men, old man seeker, old men harem, transported