AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-29, 08:55   Link #161
Frontier

I guess for me it's easy to rationalize because Cid writes off a lot of stuff, including people, like they're characters in a game and acts accordingly.
Old 2022-10-29, 09:49   Link #162
LG-MAX 2.o

Sub
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-29, 16:00   Link #163
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So which streaming service do I have to subscribe to for this?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-29, 16:10   Link #164
Strahan

That's funny. Ever since I saw Isekai Quartet, it seems like all modern chibis look like they are from the same studio heh. Imagine how crazy the show would be if IQ started throwing in all the isekai shows that have been coming out since S2 had aired, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-29, 16:21   Link #165
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
So which streaming service do I have to subscribe to for this?
If you're looking for a US-based streamer, try HIDIVE. Sentai has the US license.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-29, 17:00   Link #166
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
If you're looking for a US-based streamer, try HIDIVE. Sentai has the US license.
I'd need it european based. Unfortunately, things didn't change for the better when Crunchy ate Aniplexx at all.. In fact, I can't watch some crunchy shows at all, and have to use Amazon for that... (Sorry for the side rant)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-29, 18:26   Link #167
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post

Sub
Nice, I wonder if there’s like a release pattern for these posted somewhere?
Old 2022-11-01, 21:23   Link #168
LG-MAX 2.o

Vol 1 bd bonus

Spoiler for images:
Old 2022-11-02, 09:54   Link #169
LG-MAX 2.o

Perfect episode 5.
It manages to connect with the first two episodes giving a sense of unity for the series.
I laugh too with the ending.
My only criticism is that they censored this scene.

Spoiler for Cid finger:
Old 2022-11-02, 10:03   Link #170
Frontier

The Eminence in Shadow has finally made his dramatic entrance into this climax and Cid is playing his role to utter perfection! He's even finally going up against a more legitimate Cult of Diablos member, but while Zenon is all high and mighty about being a future Knights of the Round member, he's pretty much a mid-boss at best against Shadow .

Oh right, there was a rampaging demon going on...one thing I'll say about Princess Iris, not only does she truly care for her people, she's also a master swordswoman with power to match. I could actually believe she'd slice through that thing enough to where it couldn't re-form or heal .

But then Alpha shows up so enigmatically and ethereal and could relate to what the poor girl inside that is going through so she puts it to rest and frees her...and it turns out she's the daughter of the Rikiya Koyama guy from episode 2. Is she dead though? At least she's finally free from having to live like that and as an abused experiment. Maybe she and her father can reunite in the afterlife .

Shadow and Zenon are certainly crossing swords majestically, but it's clear Zenon is out of his depth, especially when Shadow starts pulling out the punches and kicks. And Alexia sees not only Shadows' true power but an affirmation of the style of swordsmanship she dedicated herself to as Shadow displays it so effortlessly !

Ah, so there's a second phase to Zenon's boss fight I see. Except it's still nothing in comparison to the Eminence in Shadow, and he's about to demonstrate that in the most dramatic way possible !

"To survive a nuclear explosion, I had to become nuclear." Sasuga Shadow-sama logic. "I...Am...Atomic." Seiichiro Yamashita everybody! Her literally delivered an isolated nuke to annihilate Zenon! And some of the surroundings! I really hope there were no people in that building .

It's nice to see Alexia find a new resolve in her swordsmanship and reconcile with her sister .

So the cat is kind of out of the bag as far Shadow Garden and the Cult of Diablos, at least as far as the royals are concerned, and Iris is launching an investigation into it. I'm curious to see if Iris and her company end up allying with Shadow Garden or opposing their violent vigilantism

Man, what a 180 Alexia pulled! I guess finding more confidence in herself and her style of swordfighting, and remembering Cid liked it despite everything, made her genuinely want to be with him. And now she's the one asking him out all bashfully and cutely! Except...Cid wants nothing to do with that anymore. And things were going so well between them two! Ah well, at least Cid learned why you don't reject a princess .

Can I just say how great all of Shadow Garden looks in their fancy civilian outfits? But I'm curious about this fake Shadow Garden using their name. They also panned to one of the elf girls in the background, so I wonder if she's involved ?

Cid just dumped a princess and is already bumping into a busty bookworm who seems to immediately fall for him when he picks her up. While still covered in blood. Sasuga Shadow-sama .

Delta ending! Ai Fairouz' vocals are pretty effective, as are the naked and ripped overalls look !
Quote:
Vol 1 bd bonus

Spoiler for images:
Lovely ladies!
Old 2022-11-02, 10:10   Link #171
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Can I just say how great all of Shadow Garden looks in their fancy civilian outfits? But I'm curious about this fake Shadow Garden using their name. They also panned to one of the elf girls in the background, so I wonder if she's involved ?
She is human and will appear more in the next arc.

"explanation moment cut the novel".

Basically the greater amount of possessed being elves is due to the density of the blood.
Possession mainly affects elves, then beastkins and finally humans.
Old 2022-11-02, 11:46   Link #172
Tiberium Wolf

Hum... where are the masks? Everyone was supposed to have masks.
Old 2022-11-02, 12:45   Link #173
AP24

“I AM ATOMIC”

I won’t be surprised if this becomes a meme
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-02, 14:18   Link #174
Rasty

Quote:
Vol 1 bd bonus

Spoiler for images:
I just scrolled down on the image and the first thing I saw was Amazon under Alexia... fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
But then Alpha shows up so enigmatically and ethereal and could relate to what the poor girl inside that is going through so she puts it to rest and frees her...and it turns out she's the daughter of the Rikiya Koyama guy from episode 2. Is she dead though? At least she's finally free from having to live like that and as an abused experiment. Maybe she and her father can reunite in the afterlife .
Seemed pretty dead, especially since Alpha left her there and only took the medallion. That's a pity, I hoped Cid could save her. And I was right, she wasn't a clone .

Quote:
It's nice to see Alexia find a new resolve in her swordsmanship and reconcile with her sister .
How did Alexia not recognize Cid anyway? Even if his whole face wasn't visible (and it was) she should have at least felt something from the voice and swordsmanship.

Quote:
And now she's the one asking him out all bashfully and cutely! Except...Cid wants nothing to do with that anymore. And things were going so well between them two! Ah well, at least Cid learned why you don't reject a princess .
I expected him to do this (which is a pity, Alexia is funny). Though he definitely deserved a beating for that. I wonder what exactly she did for there to be so much blood and no body parts missing.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-02, 14:21   Link #175
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
How did Alexia not recognize Cid anyway? Even if his whole face wasn't visible (and it was) she should have at least felt something from the voice and swordsmanship.
To be fair, in both the manga and novel everyone at SG wears a mask. Why doesn't it appear in the anime?
I have no idea.

And about swordsmanship, well, Shadow swordsmanship is so polished it's practically an art form. The foundation may be the same as what Alexia uses, but it is itself something entirely different.
Old 2022-11-02, 14:48   Link #176
magnuskn

This is stupid. This show is stupid. And I don't particularly like it, to be honest. The MC is a douche, insane and OP to a degree that there is zero struggle for him, his harem are complete ciphers with maybe a single character trait for each one, if one is charitable. The one character I actually kinda like, i.e Alexia, seems pretty sure to be sidelined for the foreseeable future.

Oh, yeah, how many innocents did Cid murder with his "I'm AtOmIc!!!!111oneoneeleven!" stunt?
Old 2022-11-02, 14:57   Link #177
Alchemist007
*Author

I think that "atomic" stunt was the kind of stupidity I was looking for in this isekai he's in now.
Old 2022-11-02, 15:03   Link #178
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Oh, yeah, how many innocents did Cid murder with his "I'm AtOmIc!!!!111oneoneeleven!" stunt?
None, the area was evacuated from civilians because of the monster girl (it's even shortly mentioned that the evacuation has been completed).

It was supposed to be funny, I didn't actually find it so and it felt like a useless overkill, but doesn't really matter.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-02, 15:21   Link #179
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
None, the area was evacuated from civilians because of the monster girl (it's even shortly mentioned that the evacuation has been completed).
How very mightily convenient for him. One wonders if he knew that when he decided to blow up a portion of the city for the lulz.
Old 2022-11-02, 15:31   Link #180
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
It's a feature of Cid's existence that there are a lot of people killed and maimed around him as he does his chuuni thing, good people as well as the cardboard mooks of the Evil Organisation. Even before Cid entered the academy he'd find and murder bandit gangs AFTER they had robbed and killed merchants, not stopping the gangs from committing the robberies as they happened as the heroes of most isekai stories do. He's also good with taking the stuff the bandits stole, he doesn't try to return it to the rightful owners.

I suspect the "everyone nice[1] was evacuated already" lines were inserted in the anime to gloss over the slaughter he actually committed when he went Kamehameha on the centre of the city, never mind the property destruction, homelessness etc. he caused.

Quote:
it felt like a useless overkill, but doesn't really matter.
Chuunis do chuuni things. Cid is a chuuni with bells on. There is no "overkill".

[1] I don't like the "innocents" thing. Even bad people don't deserve to die in a situation like that, never mind the gradations of innocence in everyone.

Last edited by nojay; 2022-11-02 at 16:50. Reason: Fixed spelling error
nojay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem