AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-24, 10:08   Link #21741
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
For those of us who prefer 1/144 scale models, not quite. Though undoubtedly the MG Freedom remains one of the best MG kits of recent history.
i agree, the RG line gives people who like 1/144 kits better something that even a little bit beyond MG quality! completely articulate fingers, more variations in the color of the armor panels and an extremely flexible frame^^ i still prefer MG kits though. i want to have something big for my huge manly hands! >=D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Damn~

1/100, Master Grade ftw...
its his choice if he wants 1/144 kits. i mean, many people dont have the money or the space to have a big MG collection!

Quote:
LOL

But it's better than...

MG Exia
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Qan[T]

...really?!
i think its unfair to compare a kit from 2004 to a kit from 2011. the design simply wasnt as good back then.
but for its time the freedom was a brilliant model! the wing design is just awesome^^ its just limited because bandai simply didnt have the technology they have today.

Quote:
So MG Freedom not as good...
i think the freedom stacks up very well to the newer kits. it doesnt have a lot of flaws unlike newer kits that fall apart when you just look at them funny (MG deathscythe), doesnt have horrible ankles (like the MG exia) or breaks when you pull off a weapon (OO Qan[T])

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I guess I'll get the RG for the Gundams that didn't make it to MG. Ok, no more beating around the bush, Bandai, gimme my RG Justice!
thats how im gonna do it, too^^ those suits that i dont REALLY want or that simply dont exist in MG form ill get as a RG kit :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 10:11   Link #21742
suiton629
Master Grade Master

MG 1/100 GN-0000GNHW7SG 00 Gundam Seven Sword - Hobby Magazine (Oct. Issue)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh?! Looks like you can attack the GN Buster II and GN Buster Sword on the shoulders?!

ULTRA NICE!!

:: waits for kit to come out along w/ the SD version ::
Old 2011-08-24, 10:14   Link #21743
Appel

Quote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh?! Looks like you can attack the GN Buster II and GN Buster Sword on the shoulders?!

ULTRA NICE!!

:: waits for kit to come out along w/ the SD version ::
well yeah^^ where else is it supposed to store that huge thing? XD that it can attatch that big thing on its shoulder is one of the reasons why im not too excited about this kit. the OOQ had weight issues, this thing is going to be a nightmare, too.
Old 2011-08-24, 10:18   Link #21744
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
well yeah^^ where else is it supposed to store that huge thing? XD that it can attatch that big thing on its shoulder is one of the reasons why im not too excited about this kit. the OOQ had weight issues, this thing is going to be a nightmare, too.
Maybe not as bad since there are 2 huge things on the side to balance the kit. And I always get Action Base to display my kits.

=P
Old 2011-08-24, 10:27   Link #21745
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Which huge thing? There are two.
Old 2011-08-24, 10:29   Link #21746
Appel

Quote:
Maybe not as bad since there are 2 huge things on the side to balance the kit. And I always get Action Base to display my kits.

=P
i dont think the other weapon is enough of a counterweight to balance it out. and even on an action base the OOQ tends to lean to one side in many poses... thats a big disadvantage of models that are designed like that :T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Which huge thing? There are two.
the bigger huge thing XD gn buster sword II or what ever that thing is called.
Old 2011-08-24, 10:31   Link #21747
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
i dont think the other weapon is enough of a counterweight to balance it out. and even on an action base the OOQ tends to lean to one side in many poses... thats a big disadvantage of models that are designed like that :T

the bigger huge thing XD gn buster sword II or what ever that thing is called.
If you look more closely, you'll notice the GN Buster Sword II touches the ground.
Old 2011-08-24, 10:35   Link #21748
Appel

Quote:
If you look more closely, you'll notice the GN Buster Sword II touches the ground.
true. but it wont touch the ground on an action base! and then you will have to deal with the weight issues.
Old 2011-08-24, 10:37   Link #21749
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
true. but it wont touch the ground on an action base! and then you will have to deal with the weight issues.
It honestly depends on how they design them. If the GN Buster Sword II is largely hollow and they load the GN Blaster with lots of smaller pieces, the weight should even out.
Old 2011-08-24, 11:03   Link #21750
Appel

Quote:
It honestly depends on how they design them. If the GN Buster Sword II is largely hollow and they load the GN Blaster with lots of smaller pieces, the weight should even out.
that would be the logical step but knowing bandai they might not do that XP i mean, the sword already has that big clear piece in it and its supposed to house an LED unit. if you put in the LED they can make the other weapon as heavy as they want, its not going to be balanced.
Old 2011-08-24, 11:05   Link #21751
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I don't know about you guys, but if I have that 7 Sword MG, I'd like it to actually grab and hold its mega weapons (whether it's the Big Gun or the Big Blade). The question is: will the frame live up to my expectation? If the answer is yes, then the next question is: how long will it live up to my expectation (read: holding those mega-weapons) before the frame and the joints crumbling down? One hour? A day? Five minutes?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-08-24 at 11:39.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 11:16   Link #21752
Appel

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but if I have that 7 Sword MG, I'd it to actuallt grab and hold its mega weapons (whether it's the Big Gun or the Big Blade). The question is: will the frame live up to my expectation? If the answer is yes, then the next question is: how long will it live up to my expectation (read: holding those mega-weapons) before the frame and the joints crumbling down? One hour? A day? Five minutes?
thats the other thing. the OOQ/OOR frame is really REALLY aweosme but depending on how bandai designed the sword internally that might be a pretty big issue... i mean, it cant even hold the GN sword III in some poses.
Old 2011-08-24, 11:23   Link #21753
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
thats the other thing. the OOQ/OOR frame is really REALLY aweosme but depending on how bandai designed the sword internally that might be a pretty big issue... i mean, it cant even hold the GN sword III in some poses.
Action base will fix most of the balance issues...
Old 2011-08-24, 11:26   Link #21754
Appel

Quote:
how? propping it up by the crotch wont change the fact that the sword is still super heavy^^
like i said, my OOQ is on an action base as well and its always leaning towards the side with the shield.

of course, most people will display it with the sword in its hands but that just shifts the weight issues from the shoulder to its arms :P
Old 2011-08-24, 13:13   Link #21755
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
how? propping it up by the crotch wont change the fact that the sword is still super heavy^^
like i said, my OOQ is on an action base as well and its always leaning towards the side with the shield.

of course, most people will display it with the sword in its hands but that just shifts the weight issues from the shoulder to its arms :P
You can pose all kits so that the balance issue is canceled out.
Old 2011-08-24, 14:28   Link #21756
Appel

Quote:
You can pose all kits so that the balance issue is canceled out.
you can but its hard with asymetrical like the OOQ. if you have weight issues with the back you can just tilt it forwards but if its leaning to the side the pose just gets really awkward :P

also, im pretty sure that it will be tough just to get it to hold that sword! but we will have to wait and see until the reviews come in...
Old 2011-08-24, 15:56   Link #21757
Sworra

Quote:
I don't know about you guys, but if I have that 7 Sword MG, I'd like it to actually grab and hold its mega weapons (whether it's the Big Gun or the Big Blade). The question is: will the frame live up to my expectation? If the answer is yes, then the next question is: how long will it live up to my expectation (read: holding those mega-weapons) before the frame and the joints crumbling down? One hour? A day? Five minutes?
If you have the 00R then the 7 sword is on the same inner frame, Look at some reviews on the OOR and it will tell all that you need to know.

Quote:
The only way you will fix that Balance issue is something on the opposite shoulder. That is why Full saber should of came out with the 00Q cause it will match the wieght on the opposite side.. You have the MG 00Q go build it and tell us if it doesnt slope down on the other side. It only does this cause the torso has a double joint in it..
Old 2011-08-24, 16:02   Link #21758
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
If you have the 00R then the 7 sword is on the same inner frame, Look at some reviews on the OOR and it will tell all that you need to know.

The only way you will fix that Balance issue is something on the opposite shoulder. That is why Full saber should of came out with the 00Q cause it will match the wieght on the opposite side.. You have the MG 00Q go build it and tell us if it doesnt slope down on the other side. It only does this cause the torso has a double joint in it..
the frame is freaking awesome though :P definitely one of the best frames i have built so far! its very flexible but the joints are tight enough^^

and yeah, @xxnike629xx, should actually build the OOQ before telling us that the issues can just be fixed with the base XD i mean, i did build it. i do have experience with this kit and it does lean to its left side no matter what you do because of that double jointed torso.
the OO seven sword version will definitely have the same problem. and i see severe posing problems with that big sword.
there have been kits with smaller weapons and they still werent able to hold them... with the OOQ they at least gave us a 1/144 scale action base to prop up the GN sword III with all the bits attatched...
Old 2011-08-24, 16:08   Link #21759
Sworra

Quote:
the frame is freaking awesome though :P definitely one of the best frames i have built so far! its very flexible but the joints are tight enough^^

and yeah, @xxnike629xx, should actually build the OOQ before telling us that the issues can just be fixed with the base XD i mean, i did build it. i do have experience with this kit and it does lean to its left side no matter what you do because of that double jointed torso.the OO seven sword version will definitely have the same problem. and i see severe posing problems with that big sword.
there have been kits with smaller weapons and they still werent able to hold them... with the OOQ they at least gave us a 1/144 scale action base to prop up the GN sword III with all the bits attatched...
I built it myself and get the same problem like everyone else.. Glue the double joint would be the simple solution until they give us that MG Full saber. I was just thinking of ordering and building the 7 sword for the sword to put on the 00Q and mount it on the other shoulder.. but it will be a waste of a MS cause i don't really like the 00R design.
Old 2011-08-24, 16:14   Link #21760
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I built it myself and get the same problem like everyone else.. Glue the double joint would be the simple solution until they give us that MG Full saber. I was just thinking of ordering and building the 7 sword for the sword to put on the 00Q and mount it on the other shoulder.. but it will be a waste of a MS cause i don't really like the 00R design.
i wont glue it or mod it at all. i do have it in a rather stable pose right now, i dont want to sacrifice the flexibility of the model just because of this one issue :B

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy