Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-04, 01:19   Link #41
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran
Oh, I think that you're talking about Zechs and Noin. They would never use the name "Four" in another Gundam show; Quatre is probably as close as they're ever going to get.
You see. I can´t get in many names right. That´s why I like the system in SEED where they often tell eachother their names.

But just to get it right. The woman whoms loyalty to Zechs never falter. HER! She is my absolute favourite in Wing. They should model the next main character in Gundam after her.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 01:26   Link #42
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

I like it. It was my first gundam series that got me interested in gundam.

6/10 for great MS action and the Wing Zero.
Old 2006-09-04, 01:29   Link #43
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

I really dont know why ZZ Gundam or G-Gundam's big-freakin-gun factor didnt become as popular as Wing Zero's TBR. (I'm talking about before the NA Wing release)... WZ(C) has that charm factor I guess
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 02:32   Link #44
tritoch

Well, when you have someone like Heero use that gun.. I mean come on... I know you fanboys there agree with me!
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:42   Link #45
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Not really. Zechs is a bad character for the exact reasons that make Char from CCA a bad character. They're erratically written, and have stupid plans. I don't really mind insane characters, but they have to be insane in an entertaining manner. Zechs doesn't manage to achieve the former, but not the latter.
Zechs was cool! He was like Sephiroth, just less contrived! Just put him in a black trenchcoat with grey shoulder pads and give him a six foot long katana!

And why is the Wing Zero so damn cool? Because that thing looks f*cking intense! And it overkills everything.
Old 2006-09-04, 15:53   Link #46
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Zechs was cool! He was like Sephiroth, just less contrived! Just put him in a black trenchcoat with grey shoulder pads
Thats pretty mutch Hal...Meh, Hal was cool. I liked him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
And why is the Wing Zero so damn cool? Because that thing looks f*cking intense! And it overkills everything.
Wing Zero isn't even all that cool IMO.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:58   Link #47
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Wing Zero isn't even all that cool IMO.
I second that - didnt find anything cool about Wing Zero

And the power of TBR is pure BS, that thing is one big plothole if i have ever seen one
Old 2006-09-04, 20:53   Link #48
OMG_Zerg_Rush

I can't remember from what forum i read this from, but didn't some of the staff working on wing walk off from the job and boycot the show?
________
Anime Tube

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:44.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 21:46   Link #49
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
I especially liked the fact that pretty much all of the characters were insane – it was quite amusing to try to figure out what kind of crazy thing they'd do next.
4Tran, you speak the truth. Every single character in Wing is truly insane in some way, and that's what makes it such a great unintentional comedy.

Quote:
Some people don't distinguish between the two, but I do; that's why I gave two different ratings.
And here you speak it again! I actually have to say that I think it's a relief to finally find someone who has a mindset like this as well, I've been to hell and back trying to explain to different people how I can enjoy shows that are actually bad. They lack sufficient amounts of B movies in their lives.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:01   Link #50
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Yeah, W-0 seemed very basic to me. Aside from the 0 System, its all basically got the usual gun + sword + shield. Oh, and it transforms.
BTW, Zechs is nothing like Sephiroth, other than the hairstyle and fanboyism, there is nothing similar about them.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:06   Link #51
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
BTW, Zechs is nothing like Sephiroth, other than the hairstyle and fanboyism, there is nothing similar about them.
They both used big ass swords....meh, I don't know shit about Sephiroth. When I first seen him in a PSM mag I thought, "Man, this guy is like Zechs, or Sesshomaru."
Old 2006-09-04, 22:26   Link #52
Demongod86

That's basically the case...Seph/zechs/fluffy fall under the same category except Zechs has no katana and is more knightlike, and fluffy only has one arm.

And it's easier to type fluffy than Sessh's full name.
Old 2006-09-04, 22:26   Link #53
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
And here you speak it again! I actually have to say that I think it's a relief to finally find someone who has a mindset like this as well, I've been to hell and back trying to explain to different people how I can enjoy shows that are actually bad. They lack sufficient amounts of B movies in their lives.
This was my case with GSD. It was far from a well-written show all-around, but at least to me, it had what I call, entertainment value. Which is why one can see me defending my opinion on GSD at one corner and writing one long-ass post on how to improve GSD in another.

Back on topic.

My problem with Zechs as a character lies in how there's almost no flow at all between Zechs Marquiesse -> Milliardo -> Zechs AGAIN -> Milliardo The Terrorist. The series does little to justify his change in idealism, his inner thoughts on why he does ABCD, among other things. It was like his character was shuffling about just for the sake of convieniece, and how they try to pull a long-shot with merely a few idealistic sentences to justify character bombardment.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:29   Link #54
tritoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
This was my case with GSD. It was far from a well-written show all-around, but at least to me, it had what I call, entertainment value. Which is why one can see me defending my opinion on GSD at one corner and writing one long-ass post on how to improve GSD in another.

Back on topic.

My problem with Zechs as a character lies in how there's almost no flow at all between Zechs Marquiesse -> Milliardo -> Zechs AGAIN -> Milliardo The Terrorist. The series does little to justify his change in idealism, his inner thoughts on why he does ABCD, among other things. It was like his character was shuffling about just for the sake of convieniece, and how they try to pull a long-shot with merely a few idealistic sentences to justify character bombardment.

It wasn't just Zechs, everyone was shuffling sides and have uhh "out-of-character" moments.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:37   Link #55
Demongod86

Zechs merquise: lightning count, chivalristic knight, treize is a chivalristic well-meaning guy. Then treize gets dethroned so Zechs turns into Milliardo, sister under attack so he goes incognito as zechs, cinq kingdom falls so he's depressed and wants to end all wars with one huge one and goes apeshit with epyon (one of the coolest gundams EVER).
Old 2006-09-04, 22:54   Link #56
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale

So you pretty mutch want things to be like the CE with all that cry baby not enough ass kicking/action?
Old 2006-09-04, 23:21   Link #57
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
So you pretty mutch want things to be like the CE with all that cry baby not enough ass kicking/action?
I don't give a damn about mecha ass-kicking action. GSD/Wing's main character can be Treize/Dullindal for all I care and so long the story and characters are told beautifully and soundly, it can have 3 episodes of mecha for all I care.

Either stick to a cool character with a solid motive and character and stay that way or do a good character development where layers of their character are slowly but smoothly peeled out where by the end of it all, the depth of one character becomes clear.

Wing tried to mix both and ultimately failed.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 01:59   Link #58
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yes, Milliardo the terorist did sorta come out of the blue. I mean the guy is sitting in a bar, some old man comes up - hi, we are rebels that plan to destroy the Earth, want to lead us? Zechs - sure.

The only thing i can think of that caused this change of heart is that Sanc kingdom didnt exist any longer, so maybe he felt like he didnt have anything worthwhile on the Earth anymore....but thats kinda stupid for a reason. At least to a guy with the mentality of Zechs that was shown up untill this point
Old 2006-09-05, 16:01   Link #59
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

i think he wanted tos how the horra of war. to do something so bad, that no one would want another war
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:18   Link #60
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vblaze101

In all honesty, rewatching Gundam Wing makes me wonder how come it has recieved so much hate. I've heard people refer to the political/social dialogue in Wing as "nonsense" and "poorly thought ranting," but I'm beginning to wonder if those people made those comments because 1) they simply just don't have the mental capacity to comprehend what all the dialogue within the series was getting at; 2) they were so turned off by the numerous viewpoints and ideals presented in the series, they considered it all blasphemous. .
The problem is,if you try to think about it seriously(something that I did,shameful...I know)you will see it doesn't make any sense,it's empty.Relena gives a good idea of how stupid and simplistic wing's "ideology" is.
But I like it anyway,it's my first gundam show.It had all the elements that intrest me in a gundam show.Epic battles(if the fight in Libra between heero and zechs wasn't epic then what is?),weird characters,huge scale and a political background that play a big role in the story.

4/10