Notices

Old 2006-09-10, 00:35   Link #81
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
She is just plain stupid, thats all.

Also, i would love to see something like this

Relena stands on the cliff calling out in the distance "heero, im here, come and kill me"

*A misile apears at the horizon and goes straight at relena and blows her up*

<insert Heero maniacally laughing>
Laser beam? Don't tell me he has that huge buster rifle for nothing!
Old 2006-09-10, 09:46   Link #82
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Laser beam? Don't tell me he has that huge buster rifle for nothing!
That's just meant for taking down falling objects from outer space. ^^;;

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 10:11   Link #83
Sleep|My|Valentine

Send a message via Yahoo to Sleep|My|Valentine
honestly wing and seed basically has the same plot with different story telling
its just hat GWing is more straight forward not much telling you why they do stuff like how athrun narrates why earth forces do this and why zaft do this,

but if you look at it the 5 pilots became neutrals after being soldiers for the colony
and the same thing happened in GSeed only that its like 2 zaft soldiers joined an earth forces battleship and then became neutral notice how both gundam lead char attacked colliding forces? oz and white fang for GWing and zaft and earth forces for GSeed.

and i think you all notice that seed,destiny is just the revival or remake of gundam zeta and double z, what i'm trying to get to is wing is a little crappy to some because well i guess not so good writters with a good story, same with z and zz has good story but doesnt have good writters,
Sleep|My|Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 01:06   Link #84
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192 View Post
So your telling me you could watch a gundam show with 50 episodes and no fighting? Thats truly amazing.
I sure can't. I wouldn't have given much enthusiasm to Wing if it weren't for the several Wing Zero shooting down 34235245 colonies and space stations and 35234536457 grunts scenes. When I watch anime, especially one with robots, I like to turn myself into a kid again - screw the plot.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 10:48   Link #85
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep|My|Valentine
honestly wing and seed basically has the same plot with different story telling
its just hat GWing is more straight forward not much telling you why they do stuff like how athrun narrates why earth forces do this and why zaft do this,
Are you kidding me? While a case can be made that Seed has the same basic plot as Mobile Suit Gundam, it bears almost no similarity to Wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep|My|Valentine
...what i'm trying to get to is wing is a little crappy to some because well i guess not so good writters with a good story, same with z and zz has good story but doesnt have good writters,
Actually, all of them have poor stories and poor writers. The plots of all three shows tend to meander aimlessly, with little rhyme and reason to unify their respective subplots.
Old 2006-10-26, 01:14   Link #86
Mutou Yuugi
Kazama no Shinken

Send a message via MSN to Mutou Yuugi
That is one of 3rd Gundam series that I've watched after Mobile Suit Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam 83: Stardust Memory. My favorite would be Heero the serious and dangerous mercenary.
Mutou Yuugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 19:43   Link #87
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

This series doesn't have enough character deaths. Let alone, the pilot invincibility was truly annoying.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 20:54   Link #88
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Duo and Deathscythe hell enough said
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 22:00   Link #89
Gundam Zero Force

Sweet!

It is good to know we have not forgot the older Gundam Series . . . .I love Gundam wing . . . . . . just becasue . . . also it was the first Series I ever saw so yeah

regarless of a plotline that was not the best I don't care . . . .i enjoy watching it anyways
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 23:53   Link #90
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
Sweet!

It is good to know we have not forgot the older Gundam Series . . . .I love Gundam wing . . . . . . just becasue . . . also it was the first Series I ever saw so yeah

regarless of a plotline that was not the best I don't care . . . .i enjoy watching it anyways
you said it
my fav no matter what
there is no better gundam that wingzero custom(looks, something about those wings)
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 00:12   Link #91
Expendable GM Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr81 View Post
you said it
my fav no matter what
there is no better gundam that wingzero custom(looks, something about those wings)
Not a fan of the Gundam Wing but the Wing Zero Custom is my all time favorite Mobile Suit.
Expendable GM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 01:41   Link #92
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Gundam Wing = great character design, ridiculous power scaling (Gundams never die =D), and worst plot ever = (
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 01:51   Link #93
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Gundam Wing = great character design, ridiculous power scaling (Gundams never die =D), and worst plot ever = (
Well the Gundams sometimes die, but pilots remain unscathed for most of the show.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 02:51   Link #94
Derringer
Bluefin Distribution
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Well the Gundams sometimes die, but pilots remain unscathed for most of the show.
Doesn't count. Deathscythe and Shenlong weren't "destroyed," but heavily damaged. When self detonating, the Gundams in Wing only destroy the equipment within, but leave the shell of Gundanium pretty much intact. Heck look at Wing and Sandrock. Not a single Gundam was destroyed in Wing (The Wing Gundam's bottom half is gone, but the suit wasn't completely gone) until EW, where they all self detonated.
Derringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:34   Link #95
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

I think Ive said it here already, but Gundam Wing = entertainment value and just LMAOing at ridiculous plot holes + good gundam action + odd characters (minus wufei, he annoys the shizzles out of me) + nostalgia = Win.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 20:32   Link #96
supperrfreek
Professional Genius

I'd give it a 7.5 not enough combat and it should have had a few more episodes (not too many to the point where it gets tiring though)
supperrfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 17:10   Link #97
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

gundam wing 2 muahaha

Deathscythe hell and wing zero give me now muahaha
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 09:33   Link #98
M L Monster
三尉

I'll rate it 7.

Its a great show. probably the second Gundam show i watched back when i was about 6,7(first was G.)

Alot of shocking moments. Especially the Self Destruction of Wing Gundam. Protagonist's Gundam totally racked in just the first 10 episode

I was puzzled about Zechs pulling a Char's 14 years change in just a year.
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 17:18   Link #99
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I was drawn in by all of the politcal speeches, and a lot of the music seemed to fit most of the scenes.

I do believe that there weren't enought chracters deaths, the bad guys got shafted, but the worst one survived, that would be Zechs of course.
Old 2007-02-28, 23:44   Link #100
Fome

I liked wing not for the characters, but for the abstractions each character represented. They were shallow as hell, but it's a lot of fun seeing how they clashed. I especially loved how pretty much EVERYTHING pissed off Wufei. He and his "strength" complex were probably the most entertaining aspects of the show. It's awesome how the 5 main characters all have no real reason to fight, but kill hundreds of soldiers nonetheless. Heero was a tool, first for Doctor J (was that his name?) and then for Relena, though the VA's try hard to make him seem apathetic to salvage his "mysterious" factor. Duo just loved slaughtering baddies, despite the fact that he seemed to work the most logically of all the characters. Quatre...wanted everyone to be friends? I don't remember very well. And Trowa...I have no idea why trowa fights. I personally think he's the most sadistic one of all. He's silent about it, but I've had this feeling that he gets a rush from others fearing him.

Gah, I wish I could remember the series better. I apologize if my observations are wrong.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote