Notices

Old 2010-09-13, 21:02   Link #21
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Tifa > all other females, that's all
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 22:09   Link #22
justavisitor

haven't really watched X, but I think I will like it because it's one of the few gundam shows that has a romantic relationship in it (No, SetsunaX00 doesn't count XD)

And I wonder why can't the enemy shut off the Satellite if it's really that powerful??

Well, guess I have to watch it to figure it out (I don't know if the show will have my question answered tho )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 22:16   Link #23
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derringer View Post
The first thing people are going to notice about Gundam X is that it was cancelled. And that's mainly why it hasn't shown up on U.S. shows. "If it failed in Japan, why would you assume it would work elsewhere?" is the question that Bandai's stockholders would pose to anyone who suggests to liscense it.
I managed to get some hong kong bootlegs of gundam x about five years ago. I've watched the series twice and I can say it is pretty good. IMO you need to be a gundam fan to enjoy Gundam X.

Spoiler for Frost Brothers:
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 22:30   Link #24
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
And I wonder why can't the enemy shut off the Satellite if it's really that powerful??

Well, guess I have to watch it to figure it out (I don't know if the show will have my question answered tho )
It does answer it, and if you really want to know...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-14, 07:56   Link #25
justavisitor

thanks birghtman!! I don't mind being spoiled, because I have been searching some info for gundam x...guess I will watch it when I have time

Once again, thanks
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-10-21, 13:34   Link #26
justavisitor

It's never my style to bump an old post (plus double posting!!) but got to break the rule for once...just finished watching it, and this is a pretty good series

Gundam is not famous for having a good romance story but this series is an exception. You got to watch this series if you like action-packed show balanced with good romance

And it's even rarer to see an old type to own a newtype!!!

Overall, if you happen to see this post and you haven't watched this series yet...give it a try!! it's "only" 39 episodes (it's pretty short compared to other gundam shows). There is a pretty good chance that you will like it (especially to ppl who likes romance story )
Old 2010-10-21, 23:14   Link #27
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Yup, X and G are the only Gundam shows that really pulled off a romance.
Old 2010-10-22, 13:40   Link #28
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I'm up to Episode 19 and have really enjoyed it so far. I'll go into detail once I've finished it but I like the mix of Gundam staples and unique elements in the story.
Old 2010-10-22, 20:51   Link #29
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
I will probably watch G then, but I want to let the gundam X sink in a bit first as I just finished watching it, don't wanna forget a good series that fast

and I am probably the only one who thinks the divider is stronger than DX (close quarter combat wise...)

@Elo the Blue
Hope you will keep enjoying it till the end!!
Old 2010-10-23, 00:09   Link #30
v717

Started watching it yesterday, only watched 2 episodes, hope to finish it by this sunday
v717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 05:50   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I will probably watch G then
Just remember then that it's nothing like a typical Gundam show. Go into it wanting to see a super robot series, and you'll love the hell out of it.
Old 2010-10-23, 08:23   Link #32
Nitramy
Umbrella that Smites Evil

Location: The home of Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage, Antipolo City, Philippines
Send a message via AIM to Nitramy Send a message via Yahoo to Nitramy
This is still one of my favorites.

Epic music score, believable characters, the director and writing staff managing to write down an ending that makes sense despite the series being cut (some directors and head writers were given 100 episodes and two movie specials, and they still managed to make a pig's ear out of a silk purse), MS design that has the right amount of cool and weird... and the series vision that in spite of all of man's inhumanity to man, there is still reason to be hopeful about the future.

So yeah, I do like this series a lot.
Old 2010-10-23, 09:03   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Spoiler for G spoilers:

IMO X was truly unique in this regard. Not counting 08th MS Team I guess.
Old 2010-10-23, 09:30   Link #34
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think X has some of the best grunt designs of the entire meta series.

I love the Daughtress and Jenice.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 09:39   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I don't know about the rest of you, but I think X has some of the best grunt designs of the entire meta series.

Not a fan of Junya Ishigaki's mecha... They tend to be a bit too plain. But gotta love the fact that the Jenice and other SRA mecha had that mustached look a whole three years before the more famous mustached Gundam was unveiled.
Old 2010-10-23, 09:46   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
But gotta love the fact that the Jenice and other SRA mecha had that mustached look a whole three years before the more famous mustached Gundam was unveiled.
Yeah so true. Shame the Jenice is pretty much forgotten about in that regard.

& gotta agree with brightman regarding the designs being pretty plain. Some are fun like the Britova though.
Old 2010-10-23, 10:14   Link #37
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
watched it quite some time ago & pretty much like the story even though the entire series is kinda shortened.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 17:10   Link #38
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post

I like them a lot too. The Daughtress is the quintessential grunt suit and the Jenice is a great homage to the Zaku.
Old 2010-10-23, 17:40   Link #39
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just remember then that it's nothing like a typical Gundam show. Go into it wanting to see a super robot series, and you'll love the hell out of it.
well, Brave Saga Dagarn is one of my favorite series so super robot should be okay to me

Back to topic, imo one of the ongoing "funny" moments in X is that:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by justavisitor; 2010-10-23 at 17:52.
Old 2010-10-23, 18:27   Link #40
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I like plain, short and simple. A gun and shield is what I love best about grunts. The designs of the guns are also a plus.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha