AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-18, 22:17   Link #301
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Fiction is also regulated.
Yeah But I still wonder.. a novel with an incest end,what's the big deal? It's just a book.Can the author go to jail for that?
Old 2013-08-18, 22:27   Link #302
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Fiction is also regulated.
Spoiler for Comparison to Yosuga no Sora:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-18 at 22:43. Reason: Added spoiler tags
Old 2013-08-18, 22:42   Link #303
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Yeah But I still wonder.. a novel with an incest end,what's the big deal? It's just a book.Can the author go to jail for that?
Not exactly, but a scandal and a huge shit storm is 99% begged to happen. Just imagine you wrote one, showed it to your family/friend and try convince them this is not your hidden desire. Double if you had a sibling.
Old 2013-08-18, 22:42   Link #304
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Old 2013-08-18, 23:19   Link #305
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

What about the commercial ramifications? Would a full-on ending lead to higher sales or lower?

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2013-08-19, 00:31   Link #306
Drakkar77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Doesn't this open declaration basically beat the purpose of the incest ban, though? Of course, no one should forbid him from speaking his mind in a free country, but this spotlights just how pointless the ban was in the first place.
Unless the law was changed recently it's not against the law, in Japan, for even siblings to have an intimate relationship (well adults at least, which leads to the temporary couple), unlike most states in the US. Siblings just aren't allowed to marry in Japan.

On the subject of ambiguity on the ending, I believe what she says after the second kiss was more telling of an ending left to the viewer than the kiss itself. She says something like, "we are gunna have a talk when we get home." For me, that's a world of difference between what she says in the book; which if I recall, was she said that they were going to have another life counseling session. It seems like a small change, I know, but when you think about it's the difference between possibly scolding him for the PDA and jumping his bones. But maybe that's just how I'm seeing it. The choice of words in the anime leave a lot more to the imagination.

Overall I think that anime's ending was a toned down a lot compared to the books, and that is something that I would expect, given that access to the anime is easier and cheaper, you have to take into account a lot more conservative views if the anime wants to keep it's rating. At least that's how it is in the US for tv shows.

Last edited by Drakkar77; 2013-08-19 at 01:06.
Old 2013-08-19, 00:58   Link #307
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Not exactly, but a scandal and a huge shit storm is 99% begged to happen. Just imagine you wrote one, showed it to your family/friend and try convince them this is not your hidden desire. Double if you had a sibling.
A mere assumption. Quite frankly, it's not that big of a deal.
Old 2013-08-19, 01:00   Link #308
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkar77 View Post
On the subject of ambiguity on the ending, I believe what she says after the second kiss was more telling of an ending left to the viewer than the kiss itself. She says something like, "we are gunna have a talk when we get home." For me, that's a world of difference between what she says in the book; which if I recall, was she said that they were going to have another life counseling session. It seems like a small change, I know, but when you think about it's the difference between possibly scolding him for the PDA and jumping his bones. But maybe that's just how I'm seeing it. Those choice of words leave a lot more to the imagination.
I assure you, that's just the English sub. What she said was "jinsei soudan", the same phrase that has always been translated as "life counseling" throughout the series. Why the subbers decided to go with that at the last minute is beyond me. Maybe they felt it made it too unambiguous?
Old 2013-08-19, 02:31   Link #309
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yaraon (maybe NSFW Ads) is carrying an interview today with comments from the original author about the anime ending, and he has two interesting complaints regarding Episode 16 in particular:

First, he says that personally he would have preferred for the final kiss to have been on the lips (although this is a matter of opinion).

Second, he says that he would have liked to have seen Kirino and Manami in their new hairstyles, as it was in the novels.
Yeah, I would also have preferred the final kiss to be on the lips. But they should have somehow found the time to include the ring-scene. To me these two scenes are directly related to each other.

Same applies for the hair style. Although Kirino's hair was slightly fluffy in the back. But in the illustration for volume 11 it was much more beautiful.
Old 2013-08-19, 03:47   Link #310
Thailog
Missing-nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But it does answer the question that, according to the novel author, that kiss at the end is on the lips in his view of it.
Very interesting, that's also how I imagined it after reading the LNs. This image represents it well I think:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-08-19, 08:47   Link #311
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Anyone care to explain how the novels ended in comparison to the anime?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2013-08-19, 08:49   Link #312
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Anyone care to explain how the novels ended in comparison to the anime?
Same ending except in the epilogue where Kirino and Kyousuke go to Akihabara again at the end, she asks him to buy a Meruru ring, and the second kiss is on the lips rather than the cheek.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:02   Link #313
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
Same ending except in the epilogue where Kirino and Kyousuke go to Akihabara again at the end, she asks him to buy a Meruru ring, and the second kiss is on the lips rather than the cheek.
Hang on a sec. Even the novel didn't state that where is the 2nd kiss >.>
Old 2013-08-19, 09:04   Link #314
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Yeah but the author stated that it is on the lips.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:05   Link #315
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Yeah, but if you just assume the statement of the author to be canon. All in all the ending in the novel is more fleshed out, with more supporting scenes for interpretations of the ending.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:09   Link #316
Wilshere

Quote:
True, but the author stated it and in the novel its easy to figure it out that it really was on the lips. Anyway her reaction is the same and its resulted in more ''life counseling''. It really would have pleased the LN readers more tho, but it was there to keep the ambiguity although it isn't ambiguous
Old 2013-08-19, 10:21   Link #317
Inuhami

Hi, do we seen or heard about Ayase in LN after the events of episodes 13 (= when she confesses)? thank you
Old 2013-08-19, 10:24   Link #318
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuhami View Post
Hi, do we seen or heard about Ayase in LN after the events of episodes 13 (= when she confesses)? thank you
In the light novel the content of episode 13 was part of the last volume. The interactions between Kyousuke and Ayase during the time she took care of him was far more fleshed out. But afterwards she only got mentioned once - that Kirino told her she was going out with Kyousuke.
Old 2013-08-19, 10:31   Link #319
Inuhami

Ok, thanks, and what is the reaction of ayase ?
Old 2013-08-19, 10:36   Link #320
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuhami View Post
Ok, thanks, and what is the reaction of ayase ?
Is is never described. As far as I remember it is just Kyousuke stating in an inner monologue that Kirino also had told Ayase.