AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-28, 20:14   Link #4421
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
How a level 2 is related to this? He just somehow poured the whole power of Misaka Network into her.
They have like half of the calculation ability of Accel (which is far more than Mikoto has)
And like some other mentioned, they are more compatible with Mikoto than Accel, so she gets even more power than him.

Thanks, I didn't fully understood that part before.

Yes this is worded oddly, I think we will need proper explanation from js06 as to whom is reffering to whom.

When Mikoto came to the roof, she said "What did you do to her!?" after seeing the Sister 10032.
Gensei then said
"Aleister's favorite hiding in the shadow of the Main Plan"
"How about I use her to awaken those sleeping powers?"
"With Misaka-kun's body as the container."
Then Misaka turns into that Demon and he says:
"Well, let's begin the experiment, can Misaka-kun reach Level 6?"

The "favorite" could be reffering to either Touma or Mikoto.
But most likely Mikoto as Touma is one of the main cogs in the Main Plan (not just someone in it's "shadow")
He should be replying to Mikoto with his second quote, not just talking to himself.
Which means that "her" was a reply to "What did you do to her!?" - as in the Sister,
next part "awaken those sleeping powers?" is reffering to the "favorite" person. Which should be Mikoto.
Then he says "With Misaka-kun's body as the container." this is OK as he is still reffering to her.
Then he asks "can Misaka-kun reach Level 6?" which means those sleeping powers were truly reffering to her.
In other words:
"Aleister's favorite (Misaka) hiding in the shadow of the Main Plan"
"How about I use her (Sister) to awaken those sleeping powers( in Misaka)?"
When I was talking about the Level 2, I was referring to Harue from season 1 which is technically canon because the railgun anime is technically the canon for railgun in contrast to the manga.

Though why is Misaka-kun () his favorite anyway??? I wonder... This makes me sooo curious. It's so unfair I'm so happy though that Kamachi finally seems to be appreciating the importance of Railgun characters. Though... I was wondering about the low appearance in NT 7... but I'm curious as to whether it had to do with
Spoiler for NT 7:
potentially ruining the outcome of this arc? Though I am confused... why is Gensei so potent here in railgun? How can one Kihara do that much? Well... I take it back... but it really makes it more interesting... actually... it seems that Index to this when talking about the danger of Kiharas is Mikoto to Touma in terms of fighting normal people... I wonder if Kamachi is really going to have a lot more arcs for the railgun manga or whether he will skip some time ahead after this..

Also, I wanted to point out one thing... this isn't related to this, but what I am probably looking most forward to in all of these railgun arcs is actually
Spoiler for New Testament volume 1:

Does anyone else think Kamachi has improved as of late or am I just imagining things and he was always this good?

Wait! Maybe it's because of Mikoto's dad!!!! and
Spoiler for Index season II episode 24:

Last edited by dniv; 2013-07-28 at 20:27.
Old 2013-07-28, 20:40   Link #4422
Pyromania

I would be rather tired of Railgun if Touma just swoops in and saves the day without any real help AGAIN.

It would make a lot more sense for Mikoto and Touma to cooperate to take down threats, rather than Touma just being uber-white-knight-determinator. A punch can be awesome sure, but I'd rather watch a straight up superpower fight with clever uses of those power, and some martial arts sprinkled in as needed.

Watching retarded power users keep on falling to Touma when there is absolutely no reason to is annoying. Stay moving and use long-range attacks. Win. He should only be successful in team settings where his partner forces the enemy to confront him physically.
Old 2013-07-28, 20:51   Link #4423
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
This is true, but when I got my friend who is Chinese to try to read the chapter for me (he's my roommate ) he said that it said the favorite was referring to a girl (I think). It's true he didn't have that much context, but I think he said it was referring to a girl, not a guy.
Actually, the girl was referring to the person whose power will be awakened.

Here's my interpretation:

"Aleister's favourite obscured by the Main Plan, how about I use him as a trigger to awaken the sleeping power?"

Main Plan ( 第一候補, First Candidate ) should be Accelerator.

Spoiler for what if... just what if...:

Last edited by versionf; 2013-07-28 at 21:08.
Old 2013-07-28, 21:08   Link #4424
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post

"Aleister's favourite obscured by the Main Plan, how about I use him as a trigger to awaken her sleeping power?"

Hmmm lol there are too many viable interpretations here. They are all driving me crazy... I think Touma kaMIjou (the best MI ) though is his favorite... and is obscured by Accelerator right? But hmmmm.... I doubt that he knows about what's in your spoiler... Touma Kamijou is much more likely.
Old 2013-07-28, 21:22   Link #4425
versionf

I don't think Touma is obscured at all, he's affecting 80% of the plan IIRC. Gensei knows about "Main Plan", that says something about how much he knew, who knows?
Old 2013-07-28, 21:47   Link #4426
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

"Aleister's favourite obscured by the Main Plan, how about I use him as a trigger to awaken the sleeping power?"

I can only think of Kakine...
Old 2013-07-28, 21:50   Link #4427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
I would be rather tired of Railgun if Touma just swoops in and saves the day without any real help AGAIN.
You would need to define 'real help' to me please.

And people sure like to multiple the number of times Kamijou helped Mikoto in their heads huh? I bet it happened twenty times in according to them already !
Old 2013-07-28, 22:00   Link #4428
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You would need to define 'real help' to me please.

And people sure like to multiple the number of times Kamijou helped Mikoto in their heads huh? I bet it happened twenty times in according to them already !
No, the reason people are complaining is because she is supposed to be the #3 level 5 and should be able to solve everything herself (something both season 1 and 2 say is what she exactly shouldn't do )

It's just kind of weird if her manga has her as first the damsel in distress and then the powerful antagonistic "monster" of the arc (that is if she did lose control of herself but that still hasn't been revealed yet).

You made a good point though. Touma helping her is good for character development. The only reason I might be against it is because it'll make even less fans buy season 3 driving sales down further even though it is already such an amazing story...

@Weilfriback I originally thought he was talking about Kakine... it would be cool if he made an appearance here... but my question concerning that is have we even seen him appear once. He clearly isn't Aleister's favorite...
Spoiler for Index III battle royale arc:
Spoiler for Index season 4:

I would say Touma is in the shadow of the main plan because no one knows about him strangely enough even with all of the amazing things he has done, right? It's clearly unnatural if you think about it.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:02   Link #4429
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post

It would make a lot more sense for Mikoto and Touma to cooperate to take down threats, rather than Touma just being uber-white-knight-determinator. A punch can be awesome sure, but I'd rather watch a straight up superpower fight with clever uses of those power, and some martial arts sprinkled in as needed.

Watching retarded power users keep on falling to Touma when there is absolutely no reason to is annoying. Stay moving and use long-range attacks. Win. He should only be successful in team settings where his partner forces the enemy to confront him physically.
Well you know how Touma is, always one man armying everything like how he took care of Aqua of the Back, stopped British Halloween, and stopped Fiamma all by himself. And yes power users are so retarded. It's not like Fiamma spammed beams on him and Carissa used Curtana to attack from afar.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:03   Link #4430
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
The only reason I might be against it is because it'll make even less fans buy season 3 driving sales down further even though it is already such an amazing story...
Huh? why would it do that?
Old 2013-07-28, 22:05   Link #4431
dKmps
ñe

I wonder, will Mikoto remember that all this happened?

They may say that Mikoto is the only sane lvl5 but if this goes on (I mean, first the Sisters incident, now this) she may end up a little crazy (if she already isn't xd With her character of hidding her feelings, who knows what's in her head. Although I'm still in the vol.5 of the LN so I don't know many details yet)

About the favourite one issue. In the case it is Mikoto, wouldn't that have something to do with the promise they(?) made Touma make? About protecting her...

Reading the comments about Touma not remembering Misaki in the NT... Maybe he got his memories about that event erased? I know isn't likely because of his Imagine Breaker but I don't think it was that he wasn't too involved in what's happening now and I think maybe everyone got their memories of that event erased (probably even Misaka) thus would be no problem that some schoolfellow know about "the sister" because they will forget it.
I know that I'm being too speculative but I think that maybe:
1. Everyone forgets, except for Misaka.
2. Everyone forgets, except for Touma (He may be pretending not to remember Misaki later)

In both cases Misaki doesn't forget xd (kind of obvious)

I'm really looking forward for the next chapter. I find very entertaining how a story that was supposed to already happened (taking in consideration the LN) can be so exciting.

That's all, sorry if my english is weird :P
Old 2013-07-28, 22:06   Link #4432
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Huh? why would it do that?
This time people complained about Touma saving Mikoto during the Sisters arc which is a ridiculous complaint if you ask me. Considering that ridiculous complaint after it already happened before, how can you expect them to like it happening again when it's all new material... But consider my last points about Touma in my other post that I just edited... those are what I feel is going on currently.

@dkmps I actually think Misaki and Touma will probably not forget. (Touma just won't think it's a big deal). As for Mikoto's friends... I'm not going to speculate... I'm eager to see if we finally get some character development on that front.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:09   Link #4433
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No, the reason people are complaining is because she is supposed to be the #3 level 5 and should be able to solve everything herself (something both season 1 and 2 say is what she exactly shouldn't do )
With the exception of maybe Gunha, though that's because we hardly see him, I don't recall a single Level 5 doing everything by themselves and succeed.

Quote:
You made a good point though. Touma helping her is good for character development. The only reason I might be against it is because it'll make even less fans buy season 3 driving sales down further even though it is already such an amazing story...
...I never said any of that.

I'm saying people like to exaggerate the number of times Kamijou got involved with an incident regarding Mikoto.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:10   Link #4434
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
With the exception of maybe Gunha, I don't recall a single Level 5 doing everything by themselves.

...I never said any of that.

I'm saying people like to exaggerate the number of times Kamijou got involved with an incident regarding Mikoto.
The first point I was being sarcastic.

The second point... oh... well I am just saying I don't mind if he's involved. He just shouldn't and probably won't do everything twice in a row.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:13   Link #4435
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The first point I was being sarcastic.
I know, I was just adding to it
Old 2013-07-28, 22:14   Link #4436
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I know, I was just adding to it
Oh I just got your trolling

But does anyone else think Railgun is serving just as much for Kamijou's real character development as it is for Mikoto's?
Old 2013-07-28, 22:17   Link #4437
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

They aren't perfect and they can't solve everything on there own. I'm glad about that.

Quote:
With the exception of maybe Gunha, though that's because we hardly see him, I don't recall a single Level 5 doing everything by themselves and succeed.
Gunha has guts though.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:21   Link #4438
zaeraal

Quote:

But he should be "answering" her question, not talking to himself.
If that's the case then both the favorite and the person whose power will be awakened is reffering to "you" (Mikoto - the person he is talking with), by using the "her" (Sister - object of previous question).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I can only think of Kakine...
But Kakine certainly does not falls under any definition of "favorite".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKmps View Post
Reading the comments about Touma not remembering Misaki in the NT... Maybe he got his memories about that event erased? I know isn't likely because of his Imagine Breaker but I don't think it was that he wasn't too involved in what's happening now and I think maybe everyone got their memories of that event erased (probably even Misaka) thus would be no problem that some schoolfellow know about "the sister" because they will forget it.
I know that I'm being too speculative but I think that maybe:
1. Everyone forgets, except for Misaka.
2. Everyone forgets, except for Touma (He may be pretending not to remember Misaki later)

In both cases Misaki doesn't forget xd (kind of obvious)
Touma might forget, but it's unlikely given his ability.
Mikoto will at 99% not remember what happened to her.
(this is nearly in all anime where you transform into a monster, you don't remember what you did)
Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu most likely won't forget as Kamachi spend too much effort keeping them from learning anything or getting involved completly.
Old 2013-07-28, 22:26   Link #4439
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
But he should be "answering" her question, not talking to himself.
If that's the case then both the favorite and the person whose power will be awakened is reffering to "you" (Mikoto - the person he is talking with), by using the "her" (Sister - object of previous question).

Touma might forget, but it's unlikely given his ability.
Mikoto will at 99% not remember what happened to her.
(this is nearly in all anime where you transform into a monster, you don't remember what you did)
Kuroko, Saten and Uiharu most likely won't forget as Kamachi spend too much effort keeping them from learning anything or getting involved completly.
I hope so. This time I'll be perturbed if they forget... they should remember... it's their right. I want some character development with regards to the Sisters... Though I'm scared to see Kuroko's reaction if she does find out............. especially after watching MMR 3
Old 2013-07-28, 22:34   Link #4440
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Why not?

He is the spare plan afterall. It doesn't means he is the favorite one above all but just the second after the Main, thus Gensei says "obscured by".
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen