AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-12, 08:00   Link #141
wcloudx3

Just watched episode 2.

I have to say this show really has good potential of getting better in time. Episode 2 is actually quite entertaining. Oh and I think they did great job for Chachamaru.

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Try watching the first 4-5 episodes, then we can decide if this show is a failure

Anyway i have to say the girl who plays Asuna is flexible. I think she's in Gymnastic
Old 2007-10-12, 10:31   Link #142
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcloudx3 View Post
Just watched episode 2.

I have to say this show really has good potential of getting better in time. Episode 2 is actually quite entertaining. Oh and I think they did great job for Chachamaru.

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Try watching the first 4-5 episodes, then we can decide if this show is a failure

Anyway i have to say the girl who plays Asuna is flexible. I think she's in Gymnastic
Stop... please... just stop now... This show reaks of failure. So unless you're having a brain anurisom (spelling) just please stop now.
Old 2007-10-12, 12:08   Link #143
Lesca

I liked episode 2, it felt a lot more Negima like than the first episode, sure the special effects arent amazing but they weren't all that bad really
Thought it was pretty funny the way they all went off and did their own thing, and Setsuna taking Konoka outta the gym amused me for some reason.
Old 2007-10-17, 22:29   Link #144
deadytwo

i watched the opening on youtube and chachamaru looks like a guy in a wig o.O
Old 2007-10-20, 09:06   Link #145
Seiryuu

I can't even make it through the discussions of this show, so I don't know if I'll be able to saint myself and watch a full ep. I'm like a lot of people here, thought Negima! animated was bad, Negima!? and Neo were really bad, and I'm kind of wondering if I'm about to learn the full meaning of the phrase "curiosity killed the cat". Frankly, I doubt KA's doing this out of a need for money because, as many have stated, he's very, very popular and his manga and such sells very, very well, and this show will not be able to do anything but turn people away, fast.
The only way I can see for good to come of this is if Akamatsu declares that he will not permit another TV production of Negima to be made until he has finished the series, and then he sets up for a high-budget, accurate, thorough animation of the completed work. I mean, even the original anime might have been incredible with just a little more money and a believable ending. With 2 anime and a LA, I doubt anyone would be shocked to see another TV adaptation, and if it's significantly better, it could really draw in good ratings. Honestly, if a little more effort was put in, then I doubt there'd be any problem making enough in one season to guarantee however many more would be needed.
Back to the LA, I'm waiting for my bt to finish before I witness the horror, but one thing I'm curious about is whether they're going to try to do anything with the frequent bath scenes...
EDIT: OK, now I can say I'm no saint, and I've deleted both ep 1 and 2.

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2007-10-21 at 14:49.
Old 2007-10-20, 13:04   Link #146
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

Right. I spent the past 20 mins reading all the other posts in this topic (that's right, I've ventured out of the Shuffle boards). I honestly really like this series. No idea where to get the subs from though. Torrents hate my PC so I have to try and find rapidshare/megaupload links and download them all quick like before they're deleted (youtube's removed the raw episodes so far as well so now I'm stuck). But anyways, I really like this series especially now that the annoying ferret-esque Chamo is now a patch in Negi's coat (Ferrets rock, but Chamo is annoying). **trundles round the web in search for fansub download links**
Old 2007-10-22, 02:47   Link #147
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Frankly, I doubt KA's doing this out of a need for money because, as many have stated, he's very, very popular and his manga and such sells very, very well, and this show will not be able to do anything but turn people away, fast..
Many people feel there is no such thing as too much money. Some folks would always like bigger houses or more expensive cars. However, it is possible that money is not the motive. He might be an attention whore who just wants his stuff to be seen as often as possible.

Or maybe he just has absolutely no clue how to make anything successful except for manga.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-22, 05:13   Link #148
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
He already makes 200million yen a year. I don't see why he would want more. If he really wanted money he would have been marketing this franchise even more with movies and games etc.
Old 2007-10-22, 05:17   Link #149
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Many people feel there is no such thing as too much money. Some folks would always like bigger houses or more expensive cars. However, it is possible that money is not the motive. He might be an attention who just wants his stuff to be seen as often as possible.

Or maybe he just has absolutely no clue how to make anything successful except for manga.
Or, with the way publishing and licensing works over there, he could just be involved in name only.
Old 2007-10-22, 06:01   Link #150
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

Yeah. I somehow doubt Akamatsu Ken has much say in what they do. That's why they say "based on the manga by Akamatsu Ken"
Old 2007-10-23, 00:09   Link #151
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So what it says if that he actually cares about his creations -- the system and maybe a lousy agent/lawyer or three works against him? Given that we've seen some decent anime adaptations and a few acceptable live-action interpretations of *other* series --- I'm going to guess he's got the wrong people around him and he's a bit naive

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-10-23 at 00:26.
Old 2007-10-24, 02:40   Link #152
Hypernova

Episode 3 impression:
Chisame's cosplay looks fucking retarded but I can't pin it down as to why. She was supposed to look better as Chiu but IMO looked worse in this ep. I don't know why they can't just use Ken's cosplay design from the manga. The reading-out-loud-the-script wooden acting didn't help either.
Old 2007-10-24, 11:15   Link #153
Mad Dog
Banned

FAILED! T.V. Tokyo is atalking about dropping Negima! Live Action due to incredably low rateings and backlash from Negima fans, even for a Live Action series.

Though hotlinking is blocked by T.V. Tokyo Corp. you can find the articale on the T.V. Tokyo coprate site.
Old 2007-10-24, 12:33   Link #154
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

You know, I don't blame TV Tokyo for doing this since:

1. It was obvious that live-action Negima wasn't going to do the Negima franchise any justice (come on, if two anime companies can't do Negima right, why would you think a live-action version can correct it);

2. The live-action version has the same problem that the original anime series has: the more important "magic" aspect is all but ignored in favor of the "31 girls" harem aspect.
Old 2007-10-24, 13:23   Link #155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think its the *balance* of magical combat, romance, and 31 girls (and their stories) that make the manga interesting.... no production company yet seems to "get that".
Old 2007-10-24, 16:12   Link #156
Hypernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
FAILED! T.V. Tokyo is atalking about dropping Negima! Live Action due to incredably low rateings and backlash from Negima fans, even for a Live Action series.

Though hotlinking is blocked by T.V. Tokyo Corp. you can find the articale on the T.V. Tokyo coprate site.
And so it is concluded on yet another chapter in the dark record of the negima curse.
Old 2007-10-26, 19:46   Link #157
Omniscient

Spoiler for episode 04:
I promised myself I wouldn't watch any more of this show, but I saw a screencap on a Japanese blog, and morbid curiosity compelled me to take a look again. The above image was part of a very uncomfortable/awkward 15 seconds of kiss...and yes their lips actually met.
Old 2007-10-26, 20:09   Link #158
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
Spoiler for episode 04:
I promised myself I wouldn't watch any more of this show, but I saw a screencap on a Japanese blog, and morbid curiosity compelled me to take a look again. The above image was part of a very uncomfortable/awkward 15 seconds of kiss...and yes their lips actually met.
I bet Akamatsu was the cameraman for that scene
Old 2007-10-27, 22:58   Link #159
Hypernova

EP4 score:
Yuri, +100
Yuri pair having why-the-fuck-is-my-manager-making-me-do-this written all over their face, -200
Overall = -100 out of maybe 10.
Old 2007-10-28, 01:52   Link #160
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

oh my hurting head..... two eps and they've already demolished the tension there.
Thanks to Hypernova for making me chuckle after an iffy evening