AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-20, 11:17   Link #741
Marion
The Great Dine

Maria's bag is obviously MADE OUT OF HANDS >:U

Okay not really.

I wonder if we'll get any focus on characters besides Natsuhi and Beato. I personally wouldn't mind learning more about Hideyoshi, who might quite possibly be the least developed character out of all the humans. All we know is that he's the relatively nice guy and that his family died in the war. We don't even know how he met Eva or why he chose her (that's something I'd REALLY like to know, because seriously Hideyoshi )
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 11:26   Link #742
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Wouldn't suprise me if Maria's hand were made out of bags :3 After all it IS Maria. And also, I found something... I don't know if it's that interesting but it might have a connection.

Spoiler for Ep 4 OP:
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 12:05   Link #743
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post

Spoiler for Ep 4 OP:
Spoiler for EP1 Spoiler, just to be safe-Anime ep2:

Like Marion said, I'd love for the Answer Arcs to focus on people who didn't get enough development- Natushi gets it here and it EP1, a bit for Rosa in EP2, Eva gets A TON in EP3 plus you could say Kyrie got a little bit as well, and nobody really in EP4.

I'm thinking we'll have some focus on the fathers, namely Hideyoshi. It'd be nice to see some Krauss and Rudolf too, of course. (Let's kill all the MILFs off on First Twilight! )
Volcanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 13:19   Link #744
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
We don't even know how he met Eva or why he chose her (that's something I'd REALLY like to know, because seriously Hideyoshi )
Well...she's hot. That's generally one of those first things that happen. She seems like she might be fun when it doesn't concern her own family matters. Why she picked him? He seems fairly kind to her. He might have looked more like George when he was younger (they've been married for something like 25 years I suppose considering George's age.) Consider that he was probably a little thinner then...and one wonders how Eva looked on her wedding night.
Old 2009-07-20, 13:24   Link #745
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
I do think that Maria creates the girl at that point and the whole bare legs thing is just... Well, I'll just leave it at "roses don't have clothing" ^^''
xD
Spoiler for EP4 Character Mention:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro
He might have looked more like George when he was younger (they've been married for something like 25 years I suppose considering George's age.)
Hideyoshi, thin?
Old 2009-07-20, 15:08   Link #746
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
xD
Spoiler for EP4 Character Mention:
... Well he was a little boy... That's an exception... But this girl looks like 13-16 years old to me... So that's a difference!
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 15:17   Link #747
Nyura Kousen
can't sleep ;_;

Quote:
... Well he was a little boy... That's an exception... But this girl looks like 13-16 years old to me... So that's a difference!
Wasn't Shannon sixteen? There's a great difference in, eh... size between them.

I really doubt Mystery Girl is around that age ^^; in fact, she looks around 10 to me.
Nyura Kousen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 15:26   Link #748
Volcanic
fire of fires

Spoiler for EP5 OP:
Old 2009-07-20, 15:28   Link #749
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I think that was me who compared Maria's and her chest ^^;
Old 2009-07-20, 16:31   Link #750
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
I don't know if someone saw it, but:

Spoiler for new op:
Old 2009-07-20, 16:52   Link #751
Lady_Bernkastel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynis View Post
I don't know if someone saw it, but:

Spoiler for new op:
Lol, I've said that already :P
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=668
Yeah, It is Natsuhi. That folded thing is part of her clothes.
The question is what does it mean.
Old 2009-07-20, 17:46   Link #752
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It has been barely 2 weeks I've warned about the offtopic and random chatters, but it seems it was rather meaningless, as I've just had to nuke 33 posts.

I will state it again: although we have no problems with members having fun and the like, we strongly encourage discussions (NOT chatters) regarding elements, facts, personal opinions etc to a given topic.
If you have nothing to contribute to the said topic, please just don't post (social groups, PM or external forums / instant messengers are much more appropriate).

Should you fail to follow this, I will be forced to use harsh measure, and if needed, I will close this thread again and let it be for an undefinite amount of time (most likely after Episode 5 is released).
Old 2009-07-21, 09:59   Link #753
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well...she's hot. That's generally one of those first things that happen. She seems like she might be fun when it doesn't concern her own family matters. Why she picked him? He seems fairly kind to her. He might have looked more like George when he was younger (they've been married for something like 25 years I suppose considering George's age.) Consider that he was probably a little thinner then...and one wonders how Eva looked on her wedding night.
Well, I think it was Hideoyoshi who said that Eva is completely different (ie not a psychopath) off of the island, and only got like that at conferences because of Krauss. Plus they have good chemistry together, especially when they're alone.

As for Eva choosing Hideoyoshi he was probably rich, someone suggested by Kinzo or someone Krauss hated/liked so she went for him out of spite and ended up loving him or something rofl.

I dunno if that's relevent enough, so. I hope there will be more character development in EP5, because we really need it. The only people who are really fleshed out are Battler, Beato(well, lots of ambiguous/false info), Eva, Natsuhi(kinda), Ange, Maria and Rosa, maybe you could say George and Jessica too, idk.
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 11:05   Link #754
Avisch
Reality Blender

Im just here to agree with the "we want more character development" thing.

We really haven't gotten much of how the siblings got together with their husbands/wives. Rudolf's relationship has been alluded to.
Krauss was made relatively sympathetic in episodes 3-4. He regrets being cruel to Eva in the past.
Im very interested in Hideyoshi's background, cause it was said that he really wanted to be part of the family (cause he had no family).
We also haven't really had any reasons for love. Particularly why Natsuhi/Krauss love(d) each other. Kyrie/Rudolf doesn't need to be described though, cause Kyrie is so awesome (who wouldn't want to marry her).

Ultimately I'll say this. The way Ryukishi07 depicts the family situation is just good. He shows that they essentially all have respect for each other (they refferring to Krauss, Eva, Rudolf, and Rosa), but they can't admit it because of the feud all over their father's inheritance.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 13:44   Link #755
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
But I thought Eva still hated Krauss, and Rosa pretty much hated all of them.

And reasons not to marry Kyrie: Psycho sister from hell, if they can cheat with you they can cheat on you, your son hating you, already being married. etc etc. xD

Although I do agree that she is quite awesome.
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 22:09   Link #756
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
But I thought Eva still hated Krauss, and Rosa pretty much hated all of them.
Eva does hate Krauss, but other than that she may respect him. Her murders in in Episode 3 could be easily described as "temporary insanity". She respects Krauss because he was given authority by Kinzo. And thus her respect turns to jealousy from the fact that she is constantly reminded that she could not formally get the power that he had.

Rosa hates more her place as the youngest in the family which constantly made everyone look down upon her. Thus she is filled with hatred towards them for in turn making her feel that
way. The fact that she has to care for Maria on her own does not help things.

But of course, this is how I interpret it. Unless it is completely smashed in the last 4 games, it is my blue truth. My only evidence is really the fact that Kyrie mentions that Rudolf respects Krauss (in episode 4), which I feel hints at a greater mutual respect.

Point is, none of them wanted any of the others to die.........except if the culprit is among them, s/he has no problem killing anybody....

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:19   Link #757
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

for some reasons it looks like the person Eva despises the most is Natsuhi, who never did anything bad to her. Such an hypocrisy, to treat Natsuhi as nothing more than a borrowed womb, even so she was so against the chauvinism when it was directed to her. But such contradictory behavior is sadly pretty common in humans.

Regarding the mysterious person near Maria and the rose. Those look like the legs of a very young person, a female child most probably. Someone suggested it's the new girl, but the new girl is supposed to wear pantyhose. So what if it is Ange? Maybe ep5 will include some scene of the conferences of the past, when Maria and Ange played together.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:22   Link #758
Keriaku
Thought Being

I'm putting out a request because I personally can't do it, but does anybody think they could make a list of all the significant theories there are right now, to see what their outcomes are over the next few answer arcs.

I'm talking about stuff like Kanon = Shannon, Rosa being Battler's mother, Jessica = Beatrice etc.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:27   Link #759
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
for some reasons it looks like the person Eva despises the most is Natsuhi, who never did anything bad to her. Such an hypocrisy, to treat Natsuhi as nothing more than a borrowed womb, even so she was so against the chauvinism when it was directed to her. But such contradictory behavior is sadly pretty common in humans.
She does the same to Jessica, Jessica is a somewhat rough girl. Eva of all people even thinks of that as a flaw rather than a strength, even though she herself was always considered a pretty tough girl when she was young. She points this out in EP3 however and seems to feel badly since she's just continuing the cycle.

Though, it still doesn't stop the two from not getting along at all. I can't really blame Jessica though, her aunt isn't very nice at all. >.>

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 23:40   Link #760
Marion
The Great Dine

I personally believe Eva's hatred for Natsuhi and belittling of Jessica most likely just stems off her hate for Krauss.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote