AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-06-01, 11:31   Link #841
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Are you talking about This one?

Side-note: Alter Mio School Festival figure pre-ordered.
Yes, this one, is it okay to buy from a Hong Kong store with 99% feedback?

And I don't believe it will be more expensive, the price will be the same, and there is YEN/Shekel conversion, I just hope it will cost me around 80 bucks... When is the last date that I can cancel in case there will be problems with shekel?
Old 2010-06-01, 11:33   Link #842
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
Yes, this one, is it okay to buy from a Hong Kong store with 99% feedback?

And I don't believe it will be more expensive, the price will be the same, and there is YEN/Shekel conversion, I just hope it will cost me around 80 bucks... When is the last date that I can cancel in case there will be problems with shekel?
I based my calculations not on conversion tables, but on forex charts looking at daily trends for 30 days going down to 4H charts occasionally (my eyes hurt). It would be recommended that you buy now, if you can't afford it last minute, sell your guitars.

I sold my old Casio keyboard just to pay for my school fees 2 years ago. Man that hurt.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 11:56   Link #843
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I based my calculations not on conversion tables, but on forex charts looking at daily trends for 30 days going down to 4H charts occasionally (my eyes hurt). It would be recommended that you buy now, if you can't afford it last minute, sell your guitars.

I sold my old Casio keyboard just to pay for my school fees 2 years ago. Man that hurt.
Hmmph I already pre-ordered it, I will pay for it only in August because that's how they work right? The question is if the currency of the yen will be higher or lower then...
Old 2010-06-01, 12:38   Link #844
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Hmmph I already pre-ordered it, I will pay for it only in August because that's how they work right? The question is if the currency of the yen will be higher or lower then...
That is 2 months away. No way I can predict something like that with my level of trading skills.

But I will hazard something around $90-$100 at most.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-01, 13:39   Link #845
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
That is 2 months away. No way I can predict something like that with my level of trading skills.

But I will hazard something around $90-$100 at most.
It's pretty hard for me to believe that will happen, let's hope not...
Anyhow, can I pay before they have it in stock? Do you know anything about that?
Maybe I'll just buy it sooner....
Old 2010-06-01, 15:27   Link #846
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
It's pretty hard for me to believe that will happen, let's hope not...
Anyhow, can I pay before they have it in stock? Do you know anything about that?
Maybe I'll just buy it sooner....
To answer your other question, I take it this site (as well as the figure itself) is legit, so no worries there.

As for paying, you'll have to check their conditions, it's somewhere on their site, so look for it. I assume you'll pay when they actually have it and not a moment sooner, so if currency issues are a cause of concern for you, the best thing you can do is store the money for the figure, including shipping costs into your PayPal account and convert it to JPY as soon as possible.
Old 2010-06-01, 16:27   Link #847
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I pre-ordered 2 figures and going to buy a small Asuka from NGE one soon and I want more !
There is this purple haired Sawesawa figure from Little Busters- WANT!
Old 2010-06-01, 19:43   Link #848
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
To answer your other question, I take it this site (as well as the figure itself) is legit, so no worries there.

As for paying, you'll have to check their conditions, it's somewhere on their site, so look for it. I assume you'll pay when they actually have it and not a moment sooner, so if currency issues are a cause of concern for you, the best thing you can do is store the money for the figure, including shipping costs into your PayPal account and convert it to JPY as soon as possible.
Come to think of it I missed the timing a few days ago to get a really low price for the Yaruyo Part 2 Score Book. I paid $106 with shipping overall for it, so I think CDJapan uses a staggered exchange rate (of at least 1-2 days delay) because I paid $110 for part 1.

Old 2010-06-01, 22:03   Link #849
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I thought HobbySearch didn't do preorders with Paypal? Hmmm, change in policy?

Quote:
Is the Mio Max Factory factory legit?
MF's legit. Though I would be wary of eBay sellers - there are bootlegs of their products out there, especially Figma.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 23:49   Link #850
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Mugi's bento:

Old 2010-06-01, 23:50   Link #851
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Yes, you can choose to pay with paypal and go SAL packet for shipping when pre-ordering now.
Saving money and added security. Pluses all around.

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 00:26   Link #852
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
To add on to Kenny's statement, HB also has a seemingly endless discount on figures at its store (less yen for figures, more points per purchase). The sale was supposed to end at the end of February, but look now.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 02:45   Link #853
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Come to think of it I missed the timing a few days ago to get a really low price for the Yaruyo Part 2 Score Book. I paid $106 with shipping overall for it, so I think CDJapan uses a staggered exchange rate (of at least 1-2 days delay) because I paid $110 for part 1.
You paid $80 worth of shipping? I smell a rat here.
Old 2010-06-02, 03:08   Link #854
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Mugi's bento:

WHAT?!
How can I get one of these ?
Old 2010-06-02, 06:12   Link #855
Squawks
PSI you from behind

That lunchbox and card are pretty rage inducing.
Squawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 10:30   Link #856
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
You paid $80 worth of shipping? I smell a rat here.
Nonono. It is the currency conversion.....I got it for registered airmail in yen, so everything converts out.

It costs $76 for the product itself. I put it on registered mail for safety reasons, hence the cost.

Old 2010-06-02, 11:31   Link #857
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Nonono. It is the currency conversion.....I got it for registered airmail in yen, so everything converts out.

It costs $76 for the product itself. I put it on registered mail for safety reasons, hence the cost.
So you paid three times the amount for the whole product, with shipping included? Is it that much of a hassle getting goods imported where you live that you have to resort to this?
Old 2010-06-02, 11:38   Link #858
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I can be, depending on the weight of the item in question. I managed once to get a good deal on a rather large expensive book from England, but the shipping to the United States was more than what I paid for the book. I did it anyway since it was still cheaper than if I tried to buy the book locally (rare books are not only hard to find, but also expensive). (We are talking an original Jane's Fighting Ships from 1942 in good condition)
Old 2010-06-02, 11:44   Link #859
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
So you paid three times the amount for the whole product, with shipping included? Is it that much of a hassle getting goods imported where you live that you have to resort to this?
Well I can't do anything much about a 1.2x-1.3x currency conversion right?

Besides it is karma that I give back what I took from the currency market.

Old 2010-06-02, 12:41   Link #860
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
My shipping costs for manga from Japan to the US routinely can double/triple the cost of the manga (never mind the US/yen conversion which is at 90:1 now instead of 120:1 from a couple of years ago). I'm a little surprised at the Singapore ship-to costs but I assume that also includes customs taxes and stuff?

Buying it from local importers is dicey (they often don't have what I want) and they mark it up anyway for their shipping costs (even allowing for their volume discounts).