AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 22:19   Link #1401
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Einhart is not left handed.

Anyways, I thought the battle system only simulated real damage. How come they had to get wrapped up in bandages after the fight then?
Old 2011-11-04, 22:21   Link #1402
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Einhart is not left handed.

Anyways, I thought the battle system only simulated real damage. How come they had to get wrapped up in bandages after the fight then?
Because Einhart was punched in the face by a giant Rock Fist repeatedly xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 22:28   Link #1403
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Again, wasn't it said earlier that the battle system simulate real injuries and pain but none of it is real?
Old 2011-11-04, 22:37   Link #1404
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Again, wasn't it said earlier that the battle system simulate real injuries and pain but none of it is real?
I wonder if said system has a limit i mean, i can understand magical protection can diminish the damage dealed by a punch or a sword but what a about such a giant physical object? If we go by what we're told about Corona's technique, then we can assume her punches have the full force and pressure of a giant rock fist which is more or less the same as being run over by a freaking Trailer. I can understand most of the lethality of the impact is negated by the system as also Einhart's own magical shields and barriers but apparently not all the damage can be avoided from such a humongous attack.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-04, 23:03   Link #1405
Kuze

It would kinda make me wonder why doesn't the TSAB apply the system to all of their agents to seriously minimize all injuries taken, but this is ViViD after all.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 23:09   Link #1406
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
It would kinda make me wonder why doesn't the TSAB apply the system to all of their agents to seriously minimize all injuries taken, but this is ViViD after all.
Probably the system can only be installed with specific personel/equipement on a determinated and prepared area ...like a combat arena? That would make the system unpractical for military puspouses unless you plan to bait your enemies into getting inside the protected zone in order to fight them.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-04, 23:23   Link #1407
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's also possible that the effect of this equipment/spell is indiscriminate--so it'd affect the enemy just as easily as the ally.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:05   Link #1408
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

More likely the effect of this system affects both the caster and the recipient, turning the caster's spell into a dummy round and simulating the pain it would cause on the recipient.

Which still does not answer the gaping plothole of bandages being needed though.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 05:07   Link #1409
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^And that's why i think it may work different with Corona's golem, sure, a spell created the thing but that not change the fact that is a pretty heavy being made of solid and very physical rock.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 05:23   Link #1410
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Which would... make it pretty illegal wouldn't it? Not being effected by the safety guidelines?

No wait, scratch that, how does that work with martial arts in the first place? It's all fists, feet and weapons hitting people. If the safety system doesn't affect physical stuff, everything we're seen so far would do full damage.
Old 2011-11-05, 05:43   Link #1411
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

So we're just assuming the system is equally effective with a normal-sized human fist as it's with a Giant Rock Fist with the hitting power of a Truck? Well, yeah it's magic but c'mon.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 06:03   Link #1412
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering Corona is in bandages too? Well, yeah.

Heck, she actually has more bandages than the person who was getting hit by those rocks. Einhart has one bandage around her knees, Corona's got them on her entire lower leg and arm, plus another plasters for good measure.

Yeah, I know this was done just to show that is was a tough fight, but if you want to do that don't pull the "it's just a simulation" card.
Old 2011-11-05, 07:18   Link #1413
Kuze

I mean, I can accept all manners of explanations as to why the TSAB can't use the system for their agents, but if the author's not gonna even bother justifying why, then really, why include the simulation part in the first place? It's a quirk that just gets in the way. It's the anomaly in universe that we may very well never see again because of how awkwardly it's been handled.

My two minutes of thought, that is. God damn, does Eve look cute up there.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 08:00   Link #1414
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

The simulation most likely does not wear off until a battle ends, whether or not they're taking a rest. So their body reacts accordingly to the 'real' damage.

Once the simulation is removed, the injuries do not magically disappear I suppose, but it does seem that way.
Old 2011-11-05, 11:23   Link #1415
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
The simulation most likely does not wear off until a battle ends, whether or not they're taking a rest. So their body reacts accordingly to the 'real' damage.

Once the simulation is removed, the injuries do not magically disappear I suppose, but it does seem that way.
I guess al this "simulation" thing is just to reassure the readers that the girls will be fine and ready to fight another battle without long periods of recovery. But there's some instances like this one when said plot device clashes with the necessity of creating tension and conflict in the story, so i guess the bandages are only to give a dramatic effect or something and invite us to not take that "simulation" system all seriously.

I hope, tough, that a good explanation is given in the translated chapter. ViVid is Nanoha Franchise's current strong seller so i think they must be a bit more careful with these details.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-11-05, 12:33   Link #1416
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Now that I think of it, perhaps the simulation system protects only from heavy injuries such as broken bones and stuff, but does not block skin injuries/scratches since they can be healed very easily. But if a skill supposedly harms the bone then they'll simulate it through the system, telling their brains that they're hurt (Even though they're not). Then it'll make sense.
Old 2011-11-05, 17:47   Link #1417
Justin_Brett

Quote:
I mean, I can accept all manners of explanations as to why the TSAB can't use the system for their agents, but if the author's not gonna even bother justifying why, then really, why include the simulation part in the first place? It's a quirk that just gets in the way. It's the anomaly in universe that we may very well never see again because of how awkwardly it's been handled.

Does he have to? Life threatening situations with criminals and disasters a family-friendly sports meet are really two different situations.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 17:51   Link #1418
Enternal

Quote:
Eve? Who's Eve? For some odd reason I was thinking Eve from Black Cat.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 18:16   Link #1419
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Does he have to? Life threatening situations with criminals and disasters a family-friendly sports meet are really two different situations.
It's an awkward plothole within the tournament itself. I mean, we'll shrug and move on in a couple of weeks, but an explanation on why the so-called simulation safety measures failed to work would make things clear.

It would have been better if they'd just stuck with the 'magic can hurt without killing' the series has been using since S1 rather than come up with this simulation thingy and then ignore it three chapters later.
Old 2011-11-05, 18:19   Link #1420
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

^ Consistency has never been Tsuzuki's strenght xDU

~The ASFB~

Tags
vivid