AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-07, 11:28   Link #21
Sasukemaru
Banned

Fair enough ronin, although I don't agree with all your points. If you are with one woman long enough you'll find out people do not need an actual reason to complain. I have never viewed bleach as a great story, but I suppose some people got their rocks off more then others from this mangas plot.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:37   Link #22
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Fair enough ronin, although I don't agree with all your points. If you are with one woman long enough you'll find out people do not need an actual reason to complain. I have never viewed bleach as a great story, but I suppose some people got their rocks off more then others from this mangas plot.
i guess part of the appeal of this manga to me is that i get to poke fun at it. but if you want to know our reasons why we keep reading it despite the fact that we think it's screwed up, go to this thread... http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107625 we're going off-topic here you see.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:49   Link #23
Sasukemaru
Banned

[cut]

Back on topic, this whole arc has felt like anime filler, I'm assuming it is a build up towards the real threat.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-12-07 at 15:36. Reason: pointless...
Old 2011-12-07, 11:54   Link #24
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

if this fight is over w/ that single slash..Ginjou mentioning his Hollow powers was pointless
Old 2011-12-07, 12:04   Link #25
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
if this fight is over w/ that single slash..Ginjou mentioning his Hollow powers was pointless
Even if it'll be used in future, and given as a hint? Why everything characters say/mention should be used in same or even next chapter?
Old 2011-12-07, 12:11   Link #26
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knjaz View Post
Even if it'll be used in future, and given as a hint? Why everything characters say/mention should be used in same or even next chapter?
if Kubo even bothers to use his character any further, I will be shocked (waves to Nel and Grimmjow being stuffed under a bed)
Old 2011-12-07, 13:52   Link #27
AvalonCode

Ok guys can we stop the back and forth arguing (unless it has to do with the story >.<) and get back on point? The chapter was meh as usual and someone mentioned there being a bigger threat. Really? ROFL. Really? Aizen-sama was the biggest threat to SS to date. Nevermind Gin and his whole lil revenge crap. Aizen-sama had the whole SS under complete hypnosis, could kill anyone of them at any given moment with jus the release of his Shikai and he was absurdly powerful for know fricken reason. There cant be a BIGGER threat to SS now since Ichi made his choice. Really tho I cant seem to figure out where this manga is heading. Who is left to fight but the SS itself?

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-12-07, 13:54   Link #28
Freeter
beyond

Kenpachi was the best thing about this chapter. 'nuff said.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:14   Link #29
sayde

If Ginjou truly just got OHKO'd by Ichigo's bankai alone while he was using hollow powers + bankai himself, I'll be willing to accept the possibility that his current power level lies somewhere within that stupidly large gap between his pre and post dankai levels of strength. It'd help if we had someone other than Ichigo to compare his power to.

I'd also like to know why Ichigo couldn't instantly overpower Ginjou before (while they were both wielding shikai's & Ginjou wasn't tapping into any hollow powers), since he was somehow magically able to do so now after they BOTH go bankai while Ginjou gets an extra hollow power boost on top of it. In other words, why and how did Ichigo's bankai form boost his power far beyond Ginjou's bankai + hollow form? Of course, I retract my question completely if its revealed that Ginjou somehow shrugs off Ichigo's attack next chapter.
Old 2011-12-07, 15:16   Link #30
SimplyAJ

Soo, I'm just gonna assume Ginjou survives by dawning a hollow mask.

I'm still curious on his Bankai though. Firstly, the sword he was using is a fullbring sword, not a shinigami one. So, how he pulled that off in the first place seems to make no sense (with no real visible change in powers either, just a big bone sword turning into a bigger bonier sword). But also, wasn't it like a huge deal that Ichigo learned Bankai so quickly? Like the only way to do it was up to thousanda of years of training. But then he used Kisuke's new method of doing so which is cool, but doesn't explain how Ginjou learned Bankai so fast, seeing as he's still human.

Also, all the captains just leaving seems a little ridiculous. Byakuya makes it sound like he cares about Ichigo during his fight before, now he's suddenly like "welp, forget him let's go home."

There are so many backstories and plot holes this arc has opened up that need filled (along with all previous ones.)
Old 2011-12-07, 15:46   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Ginjou feels like a fusion of Aizen and Grimmjow, in looks and attitude.

Grimmzen...Aijow...
Old 2011-12-07, 15:46   Link #32
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I hope this quick conclusion and Ichigo's resolution wouldn't be a foreshadowing that this manga will end soon. As much as many people bitching about this, I still find this manga entertaining in its own way.

Anyway, that was too quick I thought it would derail for at least 3-5 more chapters for this fight alone So what plot are left for Bleach right now?

Old 2011-12-07, 16:04   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

A proper hell arc.
Old 2011-12-07, 16:33   Link #34
AvalonCode

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post

I'd also like to know why Ichigo couldn't instantly overpower Ginjou before (while they were both wielding shikai's & Ginjou wasn't tapping into any hollow powers), since he was somehow magically able to do so now after they BOTH go bankai while Ginjou gets an extra hollow power boost on top of it. In other words, why and how did Ichigo's bankai form boost his power far beyond Ginjou's bankai + hollow form? Of course, I retract my question completely if its revealed that Ginjou somehow shrugs off Ichigo's attack next chapter.
This^
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAJ View Post
Soo, I'm just gonna assume Ginjou survives by dawning a hollow mask.

I'm still curious on his Bankai though. Firstly, the sword he was using is a fullbring sword, not a shinigami one. So, how he pulled that off in the first place seems to make no sense (with no real visible change in powers either, just a big bone sword turning into a bigger bonier sword). But also, wasn't it like a huge deal that Ichigo learned Bankai so quickly? Like the only way to do it was up to thousanda of years of training. But then he used Kisuke's new method of doing so which is cool, but doesn't explain how Ginjou learned Bankai so fast, seeing as he's still human.

Also, all the captains just leaving seems a little ridiculous. Byakuya makes it sound like he cares about Ichigo during his fight before, now he's suddenly like "welp, forget him let's go home."

There are so many backstories and plot holes this arc has opened up that need filled (along with all previous ones.)
This^

I was confused too on a few things. 1st. How did Gin use BANKAI without a Zanpuktou. 2nd. It seems that Gin was telling the truth......so to speak. Even still why does SS want him dead? Im lost on that because that would suggest that there were subtitutes before Gin for him to have to make a choice right . Besides Gin was the first Sub right . 3rd. Didnt Ichi use that same move on Grim only to have him grab his sword then punch a hole in him 4th. Did Ichi use cero

What did U say?! I didn't think so
Old 2011-12-07, 16:54   Link #35
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
In other words, why and how did Ichigo's bankai form boost his power far beyond Ginjou's bankai + hollow form? Of course, I retract my question completely if its revealed that Ginjou somehow shrugs off Ichigo's attack next chapter.
Ginjou's monologuing about his feelings, though, so he's finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
There is still the possibility, that Ginjou never had Bankai before and just gained it by stealing Ichigo's power.
I wouldn't put it past him. Stupid Ginjou hax, he can steal everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Or he spent the last years training.
And just how many years did he have to spend? He's a human... right?

So, SS was unable to track Ginjou? And was going to just wait for another substitute, and then kill both?
Old 2011-12-07, 16:54   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think Ginjo having a hollow side was probably the reason he was forced into hiding. We know the Gotei 13 didn't like hybrids very much before Ichigo, so once they learned Ginjo was one, they probably tried to kill him. That was explain his thirst for revenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Wait, 1,000,000 years...? Is that a joke or a bad translation?
I did a double take at first, but it's actually not that unreasonable to assume Soul Society (not the Gotei 13) has existed for that long. For all we know, there used to be Shinigami Dinosaurs a few billion years ago. Maybe the Soul King's a T-Rex! Do it Kubo!
Old 2011-12-07, 17:05   Link #37
james0246

^While I am all for Dinosaur Shinigami, it was the 1,000,000 years that sounded very odd. There was nothing that impressive on Earth 1,000,000 years ago (impressive in regards to civilization). A 100,000 years sounds more reasonable, and truthfully 50,000 would be far more understandable. But a million? That just seems very arbitrary. Additionally, by placing a date on the whole system it makes it seem like Kubo is, quite literally, dating God (of the Soul Society equivalent) or making the creation of the soul 1,000,000 years ago. Etc.

Just what the hell happened 1,000,000 years ago that created the Soul Society (etc)?
Old 2011-12-07, 18:28   Link #38
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Just what the hell happened 1,000,000 years ago that created the Soul Society (etc)?
The King of Soul Society overthrew God, and became god of a new world. And then went back to sleep.
Old 2011-12-07, 18:49   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
That was around the time of the void century...the spirit king knows the rest Well, 1m years may have been the time when rules and laws started being applied to SS, it doesn't necessarily have to be the time it was founded.
Old 2011-12-07, 19:44   Link #40
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Like the only way to do it was up to thousanda of years of training.
That is an extraordinary exaggeration. Byakuya said it takes ~10 years to achieve Bankai and ~100 to master it.