Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-19, 20:04   Link #161
Subarunyon
Yui is mai waifu <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
Chapter 26 is out on OneManga

And yeah, I agree with Tsumugi; Everyone should have one of those in their home...
I'd like of of those at my own home too...
Subarunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 20:16   Link #162
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
What? If I were Mio, I'd find it to be the truth, given how she easily strangled Ritsu by her neck during the first Villa retreat...
She still looked saddened by the realization.

I say we all cheer her up! Ill get the costumes!
Moe Moe Kyun~~

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Mckendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 23:17   Link #163
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Mio is an attempt to parody the Tall, Dark and Bishoujo trope. While her fears show off her soft side (along with her shyness), her physical attributes and knuckle sandwiches do place her squarely within the trope.
Old 2009-06-20, 03:11   Link #164
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

After watching Ep 12 , i started check out the manga and actually really like how the manga sort out character's personalities.

Certainly i love several moments and details where anime played a much better role, still the anime directorship/adaptation need lots more improvement

Also, realised several screen of OP is actually from the manga (e.g Ritsu's when she bribing Mio....)

Spoiler for Ch 26:
Old 2009-06-20, 03:54   Link #165
SilentOb
Lurker

Spoiler for chap 26:
SilentOb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 21:17   Link #166
Justin Kim
*Artist

I hope the manga continue where the anime left off. Really I love this series so much, and I hope they do make a second season out of this.
Old 2009-06-21, 22:06   Link #167
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Its more than likely they will, since it was such a slpash. But it wont be for a bit, seeing as the manga is still coming out. An those darn translators arnt working fast enough to satisfy the K-ON! need!!

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2009-06-21, 22:13   Link #168
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I think the K-On manga serialisation is one chapter every 2 months. Hence, after volume 2 is completed, it's going to be one hell of a wait for volume 3.
Old 2009-06-21, 22:33   Link #169
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Well volume 3 chapters are already out on raws. Its just i have to wait for the english translations, being that i dont read japanese. DX

Old 2009-06-21, 23:42   Link #170
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

There is no volume three... any new chapters are from the magazine that K-ON! is serialized in (monthly since May of 2007).

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 00:51   Link #171
speck123

There are 3 raw chapters after volume 2 out in MangaHelpers. I can't read Japanese, save for a few kanji characters, so I can't give a full translation of them.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 13:36   Link #172
Justin Kim
*Artist

Wait so it is a strong possibility that the manga will continue off where the anime has left off at? Which was episode 12 T_T. (Hope they make a second season).
Old 2009-06-22, 13:43   Link #173
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
The anime follows the manga with the manga being released a long time before any anime episode even gets put up on a sketchboard; And with episode 12 going in a different direction from whichever manga chapter that performance was covered in, I highly doubt the manga will change it's own direction to suit the anime...

On the other hand, whenever they get around to a second season of the anime, I wonder how they're going to run with either adapting or reconning itself to the manga establishment given the anime difference...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 14:41   Link #174
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

It might just be my imagination, but the episode 12 performance wasn't all that big of a difference. In the manga their performance sucked, in the anime their performance was a success... in the end they can both move on with their lives.

I don't see why it would be so hard to recon itself to the manga anyways, I mean it's a 4koma honestly.

Last edited by Tamad; 2009-06-22 at 14:54.
Tamad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 19:38   Link #175
Willow

Just finished reading all 26 chapters the other day.

Not really that much different from the anime. Some changes I remember are:

-The live performance sucked ( Chapter 25 ).
-Mugi's dark side. ( I like the anime version much better! D: )
-They try to recruit freshmen because they aren't recognized as a club.

Pretty much, the anime has stayed faithful to the manga.
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 23:36   Link #176
Jimmy C

Furthermore, I doubt the difference in quality of the live event will have much of an impact on the club's future.
What do you mean they aren't recognized as a club? They registered properly last year, right?
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 23:45   Link #177
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Well since they havnt really done any activies/more performances, or recruited more members i believe thats there not a full club.

Old 2009-06-22, 23:58   Link #178
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Just finished reading all 26 chapters the other day.

Not really that much different from the anime. Some changes I remember are:

-The live performance sucked ( Chapter 25 ).
-Mugi's dark side. ( I like the anime version much better! D: )
-They try to recruit freshmen because they aren't recognized as a club.

Pretty much, the anime has stayed faithful to the manga.
Continuity

Minute they are, yes, but continuity will still change how some stuff plays out
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 00:16   Link #179
Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
What do you mean they aren't recognized as a club? They registered properly last year, right?

Yes, but as Nodoka said, they didn't have a log of club activities, hence they are not recognized as a club. Forgot which chapter but I'm 98% sure I read that.

@MidnightViper88:

What do you mean by continuity and minute? I have a fair idea on my head but I just want to make sure I'm getting the same picture as you are XD

[[ Minute - The little details
Continuity - The major details ]]
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 06:08   Link #180
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Yes, but as Nodoka said, they didn't have a log of club activities, hence they are not recognized as a club. Forgot which chapter but I'm 98% sure I read that.
Although I haven't read it. Are you sure you're not just thinking of the chapters before their live at the New School Year reception at the start of their second year? I recall that's why they were said to be desperate to get a new member at the start of the school year. Are they back at that point again? Not too suprising actually...
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life