Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-07, 00:30   Link #641
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Quote:
Which still isn't bittersweet, just annoying.
>_> true.

Quote:
That was before the evil dictator act, and before he killed the both of them using God itself. Hell of a murder weapon. Before that point he was relatively tame.
=O

Quote:
The only other ending would be for him to die, because he certainly wasn't doing anyone any favors fighting for Britannia.
Well at least in this scenario he would get what he wanted.
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 01:52   Link #642
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
THANK you everyone got either a sucky ending or a bittersweet ending/ I think Kallen and Ohgi were the only ones who got a bittersweet ending.
Ohgi got one of the happiest and least deserved endings in the series.

I question just how much actual sweetness Kallen's ending really has. It would be a definite Downer Ending in the real world as I could imagine plenty of people still wanting to kill her, like the Sorsei family for starters, or weirdos who want to test themselves against the girl who beat the Knight of Zero.

For the show itself, she basically ends up going back to school as if the whole hostage-taking-terrorist thing never happened, and seems to be living with her mother who is still an invalid in their old home in or near a ghetto. If the entire world is focusing on reconstruction after a massive war and opression as well as dealing with the loss of 70% of the sakuradite, then I'm not sure I could see them as having much to set aside as a sort of "reward for services renderd in wartime" account for her if they were inclined to do so at all.

As such she probably has next to no income at best and is going to have to juggle her studies with caring for her mother entirely on her own. Her end series profile seemed to say she would probably spend the rest of her life caring for her mother. This could be anything from her mother just having mild muscle control issues, to her being perpetually zoned out and minimally responsive (she could be similar to how she was found in the warehouse in Stage 9, as it would still account for her responding to Kallen's waving goodbye in the epilogue).

There is also the fact that her "friends" in the BK used her and planned to kill her in cold blood, are never shown to apologize (if it didn't get a mention or happen on screen, then it didn't happen), and none of them know the truth about what Lelouch did, so she can't exactly get counselling from them, or anyone.

While I adore the eternal widow ending as a romantic, I feel it is horribly sad that Kallen's only family at this point is probably braindamaged, and all her close friends either tried to kill her or were nearly killed because of her, or may have lost loved ones because of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
*take three steps backwards slowly,then runs away*
Bradley responds to the movement and gives chase in the Percival, yelling about how "A DRILL IS A MAN'S ROMANCE!!"

As for an actual romance idea, does anyone see Kallen x Rivalz as viable? The last Picture Drama shows the SC had their memories restored, so they could have been let in on the whole ZR thing (correct me if another piece of side material debunks this). As such, if Milly just isn't the type to settle down with him, could Rivalz make something work with Kallen? He knew Lelouch and her, and his prolonged interest in Milly shows that he can possibly handle 'intense' women, at least better than the average guy.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 02:12   Link #643
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
As for an actual romance idea, does anyone see Kallen x Rivalz as viable? The last Picture Drama shows the SC had their memories restored, so they could have been let in on the whole ZR thing (correct me if another piece of side material debunks this). As such, if Milly just isn't the type to settle down with him, could Rivalz make something work with Kallen? He knew Lelouch and her, and his prolonged interest in Milly shows that he can possibly handle 'intense' women, at least better than the average guy.
It is debunked. All they know is Nunnally is Lelouch's brother, and it's not like that was much of a secret when they still had the fake memories during his time as Emperor. Whatever inconsistences popped up, they don't seem to get what happened.

Can't see it happening. He's at best shown a shallow interest with her being rich, and that part isn't true anymore.
Old 2009-09-07, 08:49   Link #644
ZeBird0
In a tree

I have a new favorite pairing. C.C. and Cheese-kun ftw!
Old 2009-09-07, 09:51   Link #645
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBird0 View Post
I have a new favorite pairing. C.C. and Cheese-kun ftw!
Your Logical Coupling FTW!
If they were to entirely remake season 2 with an alternate reality/ending,or make an R3 who would you want as a coupling? Feel free to reiterate your original couplings or be more creative. It's up to you.
Old 2009-09-07, 17:35   Link #646
ZeBird0
In a tree

I'm usually not very biased on pairings, although I would prefer a C.C. and Lelouch pairing cause of a couple reasons:
They're relationship is funny! And well, you know, different, unique I guess.
And
It's awesome to write/read/watch about them cause of that
Old 2009-09-07, 17:38   Link #647
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
in an alternate version of R2 - lelouchXkallen
in a potential R3 - suzakuXkallen
Old 2009-09-07, 17:55   Link #648
Let'sFightingLove
So right I'm left

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBird0 View Post
I'm usually not very biased on pairings, although I would prefer a C.C. and Lelouch pairing cause of a couple reasons:
They're relationship is funny! And well, you know, different, unique I guess.
And
It's awesome to write/read/watch about them cause of that
I know this is going off target but, how is that possible?

I mean, shippings are based off of pure personal preference and nothing more.

That's like saying, hey, my favourite colour is better than yours.

Does it matter why it is? No, it doesn't.

Could it be a better colour OBJECTIVELY speaking? Sure it could, but how the shit could it be objective if it is based on a preference?

'Well, you're right, Green is the better colour but I don't like'

It doesn't make fucking sense.

Neither does arguing in favour of a pairing or against it pose any relevance to anything outside of your own subjectives simply because no one cares if 'GREEN IS kewler CUZ X AND Y AND ALL THAT JAZZ', it doesn't matter because red is their favourite colour regardless of any logic or reasoning, simply because a preference is not founded on it.
Let'sFightingLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 18:51   Link #649
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

I'm 100% biased when it comes to shipping,I see no shame in it.
Old 2009-09-07, 20:20   Link #650
ZeBird0
In a tree

Okay, I could go on and on with arguing, so I'll cut the shit now down to the main point. My statement meant, if it was not clear, that in most animes I am not biased toward couples, as I don't care really, but I found this one pairing to stand out, and therefore I like it.

To put that in a literal example. If I liked green, then I would be biased in color. However, that does not mean I would be biased in something such as music, movies, ect. When I say pairings, I mean pairings in general, which breaks it into the categories of anime, movies, etc., and then further breaks it down into smaller categories. This in effect, means that when I state that I am not usually biased in pairings, which I admit was quite vague and for that I am sorry, I mean that in general anime, I usually do not have a preference (out of all the animes I watch that is). However, in this particular category, I do have a preference. See what I mean?

If that seems quite hypocritical, cut the crap with nitpicking please?
Old 2009-09-07, 20:25   Link #651
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

"I usually don't support a specific pairing" is what you're trying to say.
Old 2009-09-07, 20:33   Link #652
ZeBird0
In a tree

Thank you
Old 2009-09-08, 15:49   Link #653
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
in an alternate version of R2 - lelouchXkallen
in a potential R3 - suzakuXkallen
Nah, i'm all into Suzaku x Nunnally for R3. And Shirley with Rivalz. The guy deserves some love.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 15:56   Link #654
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Nah, i'm all into Suzaku x Nunnally for R3. And Shirley with Rivalz. The guy deserves some love.
Don't even joke like that.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 15:59   Link #655
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Damn, i wanted to post Milly with Rivals. I don't know why i spelled Shirley.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:04   Link #656
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Damn, i wanted to post Milly with Rivals. I don't know why i spelled Shirley.
Oh good. I have to say I agree whole-heartedly with that assessment. I think we'll leave it at that then. 'Kay?
Old 2009-09-08, 16:07   Link #657
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Oh good. I have to say I agree whole-heartedly with that assessment. I think we'll leave it at that then. 'Kay?
Well, it's not like it would made any sense to see Shirley with Rivalz. Maybe in an alternate dimension or something like that, hehe.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:14   Link #658
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Well, it's not like it would made any sense to see Shirley with Rivalz. Maybe in an alternate dimension or something like that, hehe.
Perhaps. I think the extent to any "romantic" involvement they had with one another was when they were partners for the dance in that Picture or Sound Drama (and I believe they were quite disappointed they didn't get matched with who they really wanted to go with)
Old 2009-09-08, 17:34   Link #659
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

For some reaosn wheneeer I think SuzakuX Nunally I think "Suzu is a creeper" she is only 14,right?
Old 2009-09-08, 17:36   Link #660
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
good point
at the start of code geass she's 14
by the end she's 15
he should be about 18-19
it is quite the difference for the time being