AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-10, 05:22   Link #3341
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscaled View Post
Likewise, there's no point in discussing evidence from the manga in an anime-only thread.
You apparently love to interpret a post in a way that's most convenient for you.
I meant there's no point in moving the discussion to another thread because it's equally pointless there as it is here. Since you'll continue to bring up the ridiculous argument "if it's from the manga it don't count".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 08:20   Link #3342
Upscaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You apparently love to interpret a post in a way that's most convenient for you.
I meant there's no point in moving the discussion to another thread because it's equally pointless there as it is here. Since you'll continue to bring up the ridiculous argument "if it's from the manga it don't count".
Events from parts of the manga that haven't been covered yet by the anime cannot be discussed in an anime-only thread. Those are the forum's rules. From this rule, one can infer that the entire raison d'être of an anime-only thread is built on the assumption that in many ways, "if it's from the manga it don't count" as much as what's in the anime itself, regardless of whether something has been covered already in the anime or not. For the purpose of this thread, the events in the anime would take precedence, but only for the purpose of this thread. I feel that I've spent too many words here in order to state what to me is self-evident, but I'm trying to clear up a miscommunication here. To put it simply, the anime thread is for the discussion of events in the anime.

The manga thread is built on a different set of ground rules. Therefore, in the manga thread, I would never consider bringing up the argument that "if it's from the manga it don't count." It certainly would count since it's the manga thread.

Last edited by Upscaled; 2013-07-10 at 09:03.
Upscaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 12:50   Link #3343
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah, although I'm not sure why you wanted me to move this debate to another thread when I found the entire debate pointless to begin with.
Old 2013-07-11, 12:09   Link #3344
Upscaled

Quote:
Yeah, although I'm not sure why you wanted me to move this debate to another thread when I found the entire debate pointless to begin with.
That is because you previously wrote:
Quote:
I find "because this is the anime and not the manga" to be quite a poor argument, regardless of whether I view her as a male or female.
I was merely pointing out how the no-spoiler rule defines the terms of the argument in this thread. You objected to those restrictions. The only way for me to discuss the topic properly, free of such restrictions would have been in the manga thread. Hence the suggestion. But you stated that you're not interested in such a discussion. That's all.

Last edited by Upscaled; 2013-07-11 at 12:36.
Old 2013-07-11, 13:28   Link #3345
Quol
That Guy

We might be getting a little off topic here...

Anyway i am gonna like to see how this training pays off for them in the long run
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 06:02   Link #3346
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upscaled View Post
I was merely pointing out how the no-spoiler rule defines the terms of the argument in this thread. You objected to those restrictions. The only way for me to discuss the topic properly, free of such restrictions would have been in the manga thread. Hence the suggestion. But you stated that you're not interested in such a discussion. That's all.
I'm afraid I don't follow you at all anymore. I'll just let this be.
Old 2013-07-12, 23:43   Link #3347
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

The official word is that Neferpitou is male. With breasts, apparently. Probably a hermaphrodite . But a male nonetheless.

Discounting the guidebooks would be a huge mistake, especially since those guidebooks revealed information that hadn't yet entered the series (i.e. the origins of Killua's mother, the name of the final Zoldyck sibling). They're canon and so is this. You may believe what you want, if you prefer to indulge in denial.

Last edited by Toto y Moi; 2013-07-13 at 05:11.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:34   Link #3348
Upscaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
The official word is that Neferpitou is male. With breasts, apparently. Probably a hermaphrodite . But a male nonetheless.
By "the official word," are you talking about the guidebooks or something else? If it's not the guidebooks, could you mention the source?

I'm just curious.
Old 2013-07-13, 16:02   Link #3349
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
Discounting the guidebooks would be a huge mistake, especially since those guidebooks revealed information that hadn't yet entered the series (i.e. the origins of Killua's mother, the name of the final Zoldyck sibling). They're canon and so is this. You may believe what you want, if you prefer to indulge in denial.
While that's true, there are some weird things like weird @$$ name spellings like "Curarpikt" (Kurapika), "Hyskoa" (Hisoka), "Chzzok" (Shizuku?), "Phalcnothdk" (Pakunoda?) and "Quwrof Wrlccywrlir" (Chrollo Lucilfer). Do we take these names as canon because that's how they well spelt in the books?
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 16:21   Link #3350
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
While that's true, there are some weird things like weird @$$ name spellings like "Curarpikt" (Kurapika), "Hyskoa" (Hisoka), "Chzzok" (Shizuku?), "Phalcnothdk" (Pakunoda?) and "Quwrof Wrlccywrlir" (Chrollo Lucilfer). Do we take these names as canon because that's how they well spelt in the books?
Are those Scandinavian names??
Old 2013-07-13, 16:27   Link #3351
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

No, they were early versions of "official" romanizations for characters.
Old 2013-07-13, 22:12   Link #3352
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
"Quwrof Wrlccywrlir" (Chrollo Lucilfer).
And here I thought Chrollo Lucilfer was the more official romanization.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 22:58   Link #3353
SHINOBI-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
And here I thought Chrollo Lucilfer was the more official romanization.
Better see it to believe it.

But that's the point. If we are willing accept theses books like some sort of a holy bible, do we ignore these stuff as well? Even Dragon Ball's Daizenshuu series got their mistakes as well.
Old 2013-07-14, 00:39   Link #3354
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep88:
Old 2013-07-14, 00:57   Link #3355
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep88:
Kite appears to have been reborn as well, though I have no idea what the huge creature was that was pulling his strings, unless that's some manifestation of princyboy's Nen or something. Though if he's just a puppet, it kind of defeats the entire point, from kittygirl's point of view.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 01:02   Link #3356
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Kite appears to have been reborn as well, though I have no idea what the huge creature was that was pulling his strings, unless that's some manifestation of princyboy's Nen or something. Though if he's just a puppet, it kind of defeats the entire point, from kittygirl's point of view.
Yeah, if his body is just being used like a puppet it can't really live up to what Pitou was aiming for. I suppose if Pitou's standards are lowered it might be good enough, but guess we'll have to see what's up there. Certainly seemed like it was Kite and he was being put through some kind of testing phase.
Old 2013-07-14, 01:16   Link #3357
Clarste
Human

Given Pitou's intentions I think it's pretty clearly Pitou's nen. While I doubt it lives up to the original, did you really think it would be that easy to bring back the dead? This isn't Naruto.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 06:21   Link #3358
ookamigirl

Gon & Killua still working hard.
That Palm girl still amazes me with her weirdness.
Hunters are progressing slowly, but effectively with their plan.
The final guardian has been born...
Guess the king will follow soon enough.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 07:13   Link #3359
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is Gon melting Palm's heart with his innocent shota charm, or does he know exactly what he's doing? Hmm... He did everything but head-bob, giggle and kiss her on the cheek.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 09:14   Link #3360
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 88-
Spoiler for Part 1:

--------------------
Spoiler for Part 2:

Tags
action, shounen