Originally Posted by zhi
can you tell me the name of this aime??

Gotta Boney's fansubs of Love Love.
Old 2004-12-03, 21:32   Link #402
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
I need help identifying a anime I saw a while back. I only saw a few fansubbed epsiodes of it and all I can remember is it had something to do with gods son being sent down to Earth and attending some highschool there. Thanks.

Edit: Kinda vintage, maybe 1995-97, Genre (s) : fighting, school, fanstasy?
That's another easy one. That's Hareluya II Boy.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 23:00   Link #403
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
That's another easy one. That's Hareluya II Boy.
Arigatou gozaimasu ^_^

Hm...It's still not licensed yet, and I was hoping to get the DVD's.
Old 2004-12-04, 15:19   Link #404
mansour

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansour
I'm looking for this series, and i can't really find the right name for it, i know the name in arabic but not in english.

The name in arabic (translated) = "half of a hero 1/2" exactly that.

The story is mostly about Baseball. It's this kid that loves to play baseball, he has all these different throws, like the rainbow one and many more. During the series he plays against many opponents, like the very fat guy, and the pretty girl he starts to like, and also this other dude that he couldn't defeat for a while. He lives with his sister and his mother. His father is dead.

Any help will be appreciated
Comon guys any help!
mansour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 04:11   Link #405
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Comon guys any help!
My guess is H2, but I'm not really sure. You did say 'any help'. 'Half of a Hero' sounds like Ranma, but that's got nothing to do with baseball.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 04:25   Link #406
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Comon guys any help!
Could it be touch? http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ime.php?id=619
Just guessing here. I don't really watch sports anime, but that was the first thing that popped into my head. H2 is also a good possibility though.
Old 2004-12-05, 05:03   Link #407
ramune

Quote:
Comon guys any help!
I guess it is an anime called Miracle Giant's Dome-kun, or ミラクルジャイアンツ 童夢くん.

I remmeber watching this anime in Chinese when I was very little. It does have crazy throws like rainbows and tornadoes and stuff.

Sorry but I couldn't find any info on this title.

Last edited by ramune; 2004-12-05 at 05:14.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-06, 01:20   Link #408
mansour

Ramune i bow to you

Thanx to all of you.

Yup as soon as u said "giants" it rang a bell. specially when u mentioned turnadoes and rainbows. I love that show.

Thanx again guys!

btw- i couldn't find info either, does anyone anything about this!
mansour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 04:43   Link #409
darockiscookin

HELP! in finding an old anime similar to Saint Seiya

Hi guys and gals, I need help in finding an old anime make during the late 80's to the early 90's that is very similar to Saint Seiya. I really love that anime and hoping to buy it or dl it if i can find it. The only thing i remember from the anime is that there are warriors very smiliar to saint seiya trying to protect the princess. Also the main character have the power from a lion and special body armor. Lastly the main characters falls in love with the princess or something. Basicially is almost a copy short version of Saint Seiya. Please guys and gals help me find it or if anybody knows. Thanx!!!!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-12-07 at 05:59. Reason: Threads merged
darockiscookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 05:35   Link #410
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Could you be looking for the 'The Hades Sanctuary Chapter'?
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 06:00   Link #411
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by darockiscookin
Hi guys and gals, I need help in finding an old anime make during the late 80's to the early 90's that is very similar to Saint Seiya. I really love that anime and hoping to buy it or dl it if i can find it. The only thing i remember from the anime is that there are warriors very smiliar to saint seiya trying to protect the princess. Also the main character have the power from a lion and special body armor. Lastly the main characters falls in love with the princess or something. Basicially is almost a copy short version of Saint Seiya. Please guys and gals help me find it or if anybody knows. Thanx!!!!
The show you are looking for is Tenku Senki Shurato. I loved it also. Unfortunately it is not licensed or digisubbed.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-07, 13:27   Link #412
darockiscookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
The show you are looking for is Tenku Senki Shurato. I loved it also. Unfortunately it is not licensed or digisubbed.

Thanx it is the one I'm looking for.
darockiscookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 09:59   Link #413
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Yep it's drawn by the same artist that did Azumanga Daioh.

It's called 4 leave clover girl or something...I'm sorry I dont know the english name.

Oh and by the way it's not a 4 panel comic like Daioh, it's a traditional chapter-based manga.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 10:02   Link #414
ramune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb81
Hallo,

what is the name of this manga:
http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P...9.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Reminds me of Daioh somehow...
Yotsubato!

And yes, it's by the same creator of Azumanga Daioh. Check out this thread for more details.
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 23:22   Link #415
little dragon
koraaa-! yarou!!

not sure of the title...

...but i do know its most likely licensed by now. i'm wondering if anyone can help me. i'm really interested in the series. i watched it while i was in japan but didn't have the subtitles to help me

all i know is:
- it was a samurai series. quite a serious series.
- that it was released as a tv series around may/june (same time as samurai champloo).
- it aired tuesday nights on channel 4 (basic cable, in the kanagawa/tokyo area) - i'm pretty sure - sometime after 10pm.
- the three main characters i saw thus far was:
i). the main character always had one eye shut and he was protecting:
ii). a female char. who exelled with the bow.
iii). sometime later, a younger guy joined them and weilded dual swords.
- a big animation company was behind the production (i thought it was i.g.).
- i'm pretty sure the title was all in kanji and didn't have any katakana/borrowed words.

i thought it was samurai 7, but after seeing so, it wasn't. any info would help.

thanks!
little dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 23:37   Link #416
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

That was easy!

Shura no Toki - it's licensed.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/syuratoki/
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 00:49   Link #417
little dragon
koraaa-! yarou!!

really? i came across that many times. that picture really throws me off. so does the description, since i always seen him use a sword. i guess i didn't watch it early enough or understand. i guess this url proves it...

thanks.
little dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-13, 23:05   Link #418
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Okay, here's a tough one for all of you...

Back when I lived in Poland, in the early 90's, there was a whole bunch of anime shown on TV. There was an evening program that included one of my favorite anime series ever, Moomins, and the slightly better known Maia the Honey Bee. There were other programs, earlier in the day I think, that include the great Captain Daimos, another of my favorite anime series. There is one, however, of which I have limited and rather vague recollections... but I would really love to know what it is.

Here are some things that I remember (however, none of this is totally certain). There were enemies and good guys that fought in every episode, in the old mecha anime style, but this one may not have been strictly mecha. The good guys were, I think, two (maybe more, but I only remember two) heroes who wore these flashy outfits. The outfits may have been white. I think the two good guys were a girl and a guy. I have no idea whether they had any mechas or not. Anyway, the enemies were kinda stupid and got thwarted in each episode (but they came up with clever plans in each episode nevertheless). I think they had a symbol or flag or something that had something to do with a skull. They may have also had something to do with utensils in the skill, but I might just be mixing those memories with Dragonball. Any help or any leads would be very much appreciated. If I remember any more, I'll post back.
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 02:46   Link #419
Abby
To Zanarkand..

I saw this avatar somewhere around.. can anyone tell me the name of the series plz?

Also if its any good?

Arigato ^^
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:21   Link #420
langjaiken

Please help me id this anime

Hi. I'm not a big anime fan but i love this anime. Saw it when i was a kid, now i want to find out what it is.

Story: The movie is about this boy and his friend. During a karate competition at school, when the two boys fought a big flash of light came up and they saw a "goddess" or something.

Anyway, later these two guys somehow was teleported to another dimension. There, the main character is a good guy. He have this lion head figurine, when he pulls it out and say some magic word, he'll transform and he'll be in full white armor and ready to fight or something. His friend, the other guy, is evil and have no memories of his life in the other dimension, he is in red armor.

Anyway theres these other support characters, who is part of the main character clan, they all have their special abilities and armor. I just remember theres a green dragon armor dude, and a pink phoenix armor dude with a funny haircut.

I dont exactly remember what was going on, but the good guys were on their way to somewhere or look for something or to save the Goddess? and the bad guys kept on attacking them. Worst, the "Bad guys" used to be the good guys friends.

any clues?
langjaiken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel